Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2017, 12:29 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Whether it did or did not has no bearing on whether or not you believe that black people are in inferior race. Why the deflection with a question.....instead of just answering my question?
I do not for one second believe blacks are inferior in intelligence; however, I do believe their culture hinders their success. If they were like Asians and Jews, focusing on useful education, they would be equally successful as others.

On the other hand, explain to me, if blacks don't think they aren't inferior, why do black people so overwhelmingly support AA?

Old 03-24-2017, 12:30 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not the least of which is under-educating them in our country's largest bastion of institutional racism: our country's public school system.

Yet, time after time, election after election, blacks continue to vote, en masse, for their children's educational oppressors: Democrats.

Seems to evoke an oft-said truism: You reap what you sow.
Lack of education doesn't make people into murders or debt defaulters. Even the illiterate know not to murder people or break promises

I do agree the public education system doesn't help the blacks, neither does it help Asians. Why can Asians rise up but not the blacks?

Old 03-24-2017, 12:33 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Lack of education doesn't make people into murders.
Indirectly, it may very well do so. An abysmal education leaves very few choices for a self-supporting career other than 'thug.' And gang member thugs murder each other. It's what they do.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:36 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Not the least of which is under-educating them in our country's largest bastion of institutional racism: our country's public school system.

Yet, time after time, election after election, blacks continue to vote, en masse, for their children's educational oppressors: Democrats.

Seems to evoke an oft-said truism: You reap what you sow.
Making a distinction with a difference, concerning the intelligence of black choice making, is a claim against the collective intellect of black people. Essentially, what you are saying is that blacks are not as smart as white people in making political choices. Since that is a mental function, its obvious you are claiming blacks to be mentally inferior to whites.

I do not have a problem with you believing such. You come to your own conclusions. I just want to know why you waste time trying to implicitly express this belief and not just come right out and explicitly express it. It would save you a lot of time....and given that you are white I know how valuable your time is to you as a hard working tax payer trying to make America great again.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Making a distinction with a difference, concerning the intelligence of black choice making, is a claim against the collective intellect of black people. Essentially, what you are saying is that blacks are not as smart as white people in making political choices.
Hardly. I'm willing to bet many more Whites vote Dem than Blacks. But they're predominantly poor, as well. Dem voters are on means-tested public assistance programs at a rate 2 times that of GOP voters. So at least we know it's not a racial thing.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I do not for one second believe blacks are inferior in intelligence; however, I do believe their culture hinders their success. If they were like Asians and Jews, focusing on useful education, they would be equally successful as others.

On the other hand, explain to me, if blacks don't think they aren't inferior, why do black people so overwhelmingly support AA?
Culture is LEARNED! Africans coming to America do not have the culture of African Americans. When we go to Africa, we are considered "white" culturally. In Ghana we are called "obruni" in East Africa we are called Mzungu, regardless of often being darker than they are in color. Hence, where did we learn our culture from in America? I submit to you that we learned it from whites. It's the side of yourselves that you exposed to us in your treatment of us....and that is what we learned. We learned to call each other the N word because we learned that from you calling us that. Black culture in America is a direct result of the impact of being around racist whites for 3 centuries. That is why Africans can come to America and do better than black Americans.....because they have not been exposed to white radiation to the same degree, that mutates cultures and the way groups see themselves.

Black people support affirmative action because we believe that racism is a constant benefit to whites and AA is a counter force.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 03-24-2017 at 12:53 PM..

Old 03-24-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Hardly. I'm willing to bet many more Whites vote Dem than Blacks. But they're predominantly poor, as well. Dem voters are on means-tested public assistance programs at a rate 2 times that of GOP voters. So at least we know it's not a racial thing.
You stated:
Quote:
blacks continue to vote, en masse, for their children's educational oppressors
That is a DIRECT quote from you. You made a distinction by qualifying the race. If there is no distinction or difference assumed by you.....how could it be the explanation for any "black" problem, if it equally impacts whites? If whites are no more smarter than blacks at making a political choice that is best for them, then how can black political choices be the root of black problems....and not be the root of white problems as well?

Old 03-24-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
You stated:

That is a DIRECT quote from you.
Yes, because it's true. More Whites vote Dem than Blacks, but Blacks vote for Dems at a higher rate than Whites. What BOTH Whites and Blacks who vote Dem have in common is a disproportionately high rate of poverty and receiving means-tested public assistance benefits.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:06 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
Studies like this are misleading, though. They don't take into account several other factors.

I'm looking at the article, but I'm also looking to see where the source data came from. It's misleading, to say the least.

I don't buy the "institutional racism" thing. But, I just believe that there are many blacks out there that love being on that gov't welfare. Keep voting Democratic in urban cities and nothing will change. But the mindset of these people has to change.But idk I cringe when I see these types of stats.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, because it's true. More Whites vote Dem than Blacks, but Blacks vote for Dems at a higher rate than Whites. What BOTH Whites and Blacks who vote Dem have in common is a disproportionately high rate of poverty and receiving means-tested public assistance benefits.
Your not being honest. Your original statement about blacks was not based absolute numbers, but rather, 90% the black vote going to democrats. You know dam well that your statement was predicated upon the RATE and which blacks vote democrat and that's it. Now you are trying to obfuscate by bringing in the behavior and choices of poor whites. I could do the same and focus on the behavior of black republicans and say that there is no difference between what black republicans do and what white republican do. However, here is the thing. We are not talking about subsets of of the whole, but rather, the whole. There are subsets of black people that behave just like white people, in their voting and what not. When you made your initial statement concerning black people it was juxtaposed implicitly with WHITE PEOPLE, not a subset of white people. Yes, you can find a subset of white people that behave and make choices like blacks and visa versa. That serves not purpose.

Here is the big picture. Blacks vote 90% democrat and whites vote about 55% Republican. You think that blacks are making a bad choice, as a collective. You don't feel, however, that whites are making a bad choice as a collective, by giving the majority of their vote to Republicans. What would make the black collective not know what is best for them between the two choices, while whites as a collective knows whats best for them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies