Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2017, 02:00 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
My quote is correct. How is it dishonest. It's not. You just don't like having to face reality...

More Whites vote Dem than Blacks, but Blacks vote for Dems at a higher rate than Whites. What BOTH Whites and Blacks who vote Dem have in common is a disproportionately high rate of poverty and receiving means-tested public assistance benefits.
But most whites don't vote Democrat. If I followed your logic, I could prove your wrong by just looking not at the behavior of blacks as a whole, but just the behavior of BLACK REPUBLICANS. Thus, your claim of blacks voting for their democratic oppressor is invalid because there is a SUBSET of blacks that vote just like whites do. Is that not also honest? Is there not a subset of blacks who vote just like whites do? If so....then your claim of blacks voting for their oppressor is invalid. What blacks who vote republican have in common with whites who vote republican is that they are usually upper class. All true.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:00 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
this is me high-5-ing you. This reminds me of how people say hiphop is ruining blacks, but whites are the largest consumer of hiphop and nobody ever says it ruins them as a culture. Great post.
Really? Did I not just post about how BOTH Blacks and Whites who do the exact same thing, in this case, vote Dem, have disproportionately high rates of poverty and receiving means-tested public assistance benefits? /SMH

Old 03-24-2017, 02:02 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Clinging to victim hood is a sure path to failure.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:05 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Studies like this are misleading, though. They don't take into account several other factors.

I'm looking at the article, but I'm also looking to see where the source data came from. It's misleading, to say the least.

I don't buy the "institutional racism" thing. But, I just believe that there are many blacks out there that love being on that gov't welfare. Keep voting Democratic in urban cities and nothing will change. But the mindset of these people has to change.But idk I cringe when I see these types of stats.

Sigh...again we are talking about wealth. I provided the definition of wealth earlier in the thread. One's net worth is their wealth. Assets - Liabilities (debts) = net worth.

The biggest asset people buy are their homes. When black people buy homes, ours are worth less money than white people's homes if we live in a neighborhood with 20% black population.

Not sure how you all keep denying this or trying to act like "welfare" or "education" or "black banks" have anything to do with housing values which are based on the wide society's opinion.

Fact of the matter is that the housing market is one of the few places that institutional racism remains and it is the primary one that causes a detriment to black Americans, and especially to those of us who are educated, married, and middle to upper income.

Again, there are ways to combat this - buying more than one home in a not as appealing neighborhood, like I have done. Or moving to an extremely homogeneously white middle to upper income neighborhood and do like the white people do - hope no more blacks move in. If 15-20% of blacks move to that neighborhood the whites will go away and due to their perceptions being the primary basis for housing values, that neighborhood will stabilize and not increase as fast in value or will lose value as more and more blacks and/or hispanics move in.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:05 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
But most whites don't vote Democrat.
You're missing the point. The ones who DO vote Dem have disproportionately high rates of poverty and enrollment in means-tested public assistance programs.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Really? Did I not just post about how BOTH Blacks and Whites who do the exact same thing, in this case, vote Dem, have disproportionately high rates of poverty and receiving means-tested public assistance benefits? /SMH
White conservatives have the most poverty....

White liberals are pretty wealthy compared to white conservatives

Not sure how you are trying to make excuses for your racially based assumption that black people don't know how to think in our best interest or that our political decisions are inferior to yours, even though liberal/Democrat whites are wealthier than conservatives.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
You're missing the point. The ones who DO vote Dem have disproportionately high rates of poverty and enrollment in means-tested public assistance programs.

Most white Democrats are not poverty stricken....

Just like most black Democrats are not poverty stricken either contrary to what you may believe....

Old 03-24-2017, 02:10 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
yup, shows that institutional racism, well- it does really still exist.

Despite what all the naysayers would have you believe on this forum with all their mockery and ridicule of SJW-ers...

(or maybe its like that guy on the radio was saying yesterday- that he is ok with white privilege, and wants his kids to have it too-
at least he's being honest)...
no what it really shows is an utter lack of real scholarship.

There was no parsing of the data that measures single mothers never married vs single parents divorced.
There was no attempt to look at average or average mean. There was no looking at the data to measure those education as a factor.

structurally I would expect to see whites having more money than other races regardless, but without making an attempt to actually understand, what we are left with are a factual set of numbers that paint a stinking lie.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:13 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,647,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Sigh...again we are talking about wealth. I provided the definition of wealth earlier in the thread. One's net worth is their wealth. Assets - Liabilities (debts) = net worth.

The biggest asset people buy are their homes. When black people buy homes, ours are worth less money than white people's homes if we live in a neighborhood with 20% black population.

Not sure how you all keep denying this or trying to act like "welfare" or "education" or "black banks" have anything to do with housing values which are based on the wide society's opinion.

Fact of the matter is that the housing market is one of the few places that institutional racism remains and it is the primary one that causes a detriment to black Americans, and especially to those of us who are educated, married, and middle to upper income.

Again, there are ways to combat this - buying more than one home in a not as appealing neighborhood, like I have done. Or moving to an extremely homogeneously white middle to upper income neighborhood and do like the white people do - hope no more blacks move in. If 15-20% of blacks move to that neighborhood the whites will go away and due to their perceptions being the primary basis for housing values, that neighborhood will stabilize and not increase as fast in value or will lose value as more and more blacks and/or hispanics move in.
I disagree with this completely. Mainly, because I know several black neighborhoods that are predominately black, yet, are worth more white neighborhoods in my hometown.

Again, it depends on the factors and situations, but mainly depends on the city and state. I know a thing about this (I used to work for the big 2 mortgage giants), that's why I say this is a BS study. In all of my years working for these companies, I've never seen any study like this before because the variables nationwide are pretty impossible to paint an accurate picture.

If we're talking about the "ghetto" vs a white neighborhood, sure. But again, to assign race to this and to make a generalized statement, doesn't add up. I'm a black homeowner myself in a predominately white neighborhood. I've noticed over the years more and more blacks and middle easterners are moving in. Guess what? The property values are going up and the whites aren't moving out at all. My property value went up almost 80K in 5 years and we have more blacks moving in, so that's why I stress location and property value make a big difference in a study like this. I know more black people living in McMansions who are still Democratic than I do white people. Just like I know some white people who live in trailers, but still vote Democratic.

That's why studies like this may offer some factual information, but, the stats are simply incorrect here. The only way this can be a true study if it's based per state or per major city, but the US as a whole, this is something that's pretty impossible to put on a chart, statistically. Then you combine the US as a whole and add in other factors like two-parents vs single parent... I mean, this is just very difficult to put together for a report. It doesn't add up at all. The data needs to be filtered per city, but it doesn't work if you take a national snapshop.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
How conveniently you ignored the South Asian immigrants? Many of them are first generation and they earn in six figures.
Guess what do most of them do here upon their arrival in United States?

****** PUT A HIGH VALUE ON GETTING EDUCATION ******

And then they work hard instead of living a thug life style in the hoods, and cry about having their fore fathers being slaves.

As I said, this may not be a perfect social setup, but on a very large scale, it's a fair game.

You work hard with determination, and most probably, you will get it. Look at Collin Powell.

And you forgot this already?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f0mVn0HH6U

Sigh...again, income is not wealth.

Many black people also have a 6 figure income. My household income is 6 figures and I'm black and grew up in the ghetto.

Also, not all SE Asians make 6 figures. The ones who make 6 figures are usually NE Asians - Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans.

SE Asians - Vietnamese, Cambodian, Lao/Khmer, etc., they are much poorer than the NE Asians and many of them do worse than blacks.

Also, a majority of black people are middle income and above and educational achievement has raised substantially over the past 30 years. Today over 50% of black youth who graduate actually go on to college and/or a professional/trade school. Black people have always put a high value on education.

But education has nothing to do with wealth - which is one's net worth. Seems to me you need to educate yourself on what "wealth" is. Wealth is not income and has nothing to do with education or being a "thug."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies