Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2017, 08:28 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Why don't you ask your husband or whomever you claimed to have served in the military? Things like this DO happen.

I have friend (A Marine) who rescued an Army Ranger, they were both "left behind" after an ambush. My brother has done recon missions, things like this unfortunately do happen. The military DOES NOT intentionally leave soldiers / Marines behind. What are you talking about?

The single most important thing to do is for you to quit making wild accusation.

Like I said,

In recon missions, (maybe in all special missions) they assess risk before every operation and the military has a very rigorous risk assessment process in place, but it’s only an assessment.

One article says that Sgt. Johnson’s unit was caught by surprise in an Isis ambush. Three soldiers also found dead after the ambush, what makes you say that they intentionally leaving him behind.

Soldiers are trained to prepare for both types of ambushes,

Near side and far side. The key in each case is to MOVE MOVE MOVE! Just because one soldier has gone missing, doesn't mean military intentionally leave him behind.

Were you there?

You cannot just sit behind your computer making accusations! Man, some of you people, i have no words!!! Do you EVER take responsibilities of your words? How can you, a person who has never been there, making this bold claim "They intentionally left him behind."

WOW, really?
Yes, really.

Are you trying to sell the idea that Sgt. Johnson was left behind by accident, an oversight?

They were tracking his locator beacon, for crying out loud.

"Pentagon officials say a locator beacon was tracked for several hours, fueling hopes he was alive, and raising the agonizing question of whether he could have been saved if the U.S. military had been able to react faster."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mysteri...ican-soldiers/

Sgt. Johnson was left behind and it sure wasn't an accident, an oversight.

They knew it at the time.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:30 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Just another crap ****TDS ALERT**** thread from the "I hate the President" echo chamber.

Carry on...

Old 10-21-2017, 08:30 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Another lie:

In the hours after President Donald Trump said on an Oct. 17 radio broadcast that he had contacted "virtually everybody" who had lost a family member in military service this year, the White House was hustling to learn from the Pentagon the identities and contact information for those families, according to an internal Defense Department email.

The email exchange, which has not been previously reported, shows that senior White House aides were aware on the day the President made the statement that it was not accurate – but that they should try to make it accurate as soon as possible, given the gathering controversy.

Trump: "I have called, I believe, everybody – but certainly I’ll use the word virtually everybody," Trump said.

Since then, The Associated Press contacted 20 families and found that half had not heard from Trump.

The Pentagon email indicates that 21 military personnel had been killed in action during Trump’s tenure, and an additional 44 had been killed by means other than enemy fire, such as ship collisions that took 17 sailors’ lives in the Pacific this summer.

Trump staffers knew Prez didn't contact families of fallen troops - NY Daily News

So "virtually everybody" means less than half?
Well, I am beginning to not believe anything Trump speaks or tweets. He may be a pathological liar and those people believe what they say to be true.

I also think the dude has dementia, or is in early stages. Just IMO. God Bless America.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:31 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Are you trying to sell the idea that Sgt. Johnson was left behind by accident, an oversight?

They were tracking his locator beacon, for God sakes.

"Pentagon officials say a locator beacon was tracked for several hours, fueling hopes he was alive, and raising the agonizing question of whether he could have been saved if the U.S. military had been able to react faster."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mysteri...ican-soldiers/

Sgt. Johnson was left behind and it sure wasn't an accident, an oversight.

They knew it at the time.
Nah, I am saying you were not there, and you have NO right making wild accusations.

Honor is something you don't have if you wanted to make wild accusations like these.

YOU.WERE.NOT.THERE

Old 10-21-2017, 08:33 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Kelly was stunned that Wilson listened in on such a private sensitive call? It seems that Wilson being with the family at the time of the call was not planned and her hearing it was happenstance as the recipient put it on speaker phone. If Kelly was truly concerned about people listening in on such calls, why was he doing so at his end in the WH? It would seem his participation was actually planned.
"It seems that Wilson being with the family at the time of the call was not planned and her hearing it was happenstance as the recipient put it on speaker phone."

how do you know this?

Old 10-21-2017, 08:36 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
I listened to Gen. Kelly's briefing again, and I also listened to the Congresswoman's speech at the dedication and ribbon cutting. It seems the only thing General Kelly got wrong was that she wasn't bragging about getting the building funded, but she was bragging about her role in getting the naming pushed through, and boy did she brag! It was all about her.

So, let's quit calling General Kelly a "liar." He may have had a small detail wrong, but he didn't have his assessment of this "empty barrel" wrong. She is a grand stander. She is everything General Kelly said.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:37 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I listened to Gen. Kelly's briefing again, and I also listened to the Congresswoman's speech at the dedication and ribbon cutting. It seems the only thing General Kelly got wrong was that she wasn't bragging about getting the building funded, but she was bragging about her role in getting the naming pushed through, and boy did she brag! It was all about her.

So, let's quit calling General Kelly a "liar." He may have had a small detail wrong, but he didn't have his assessment of this "empty barrel" wrong. She is a grand stander. She is everything General Kelly said.
Yep agreed

Old 10-21-2017, 08:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Well, I am beginning to not believe anything Trump speaks or tweets. He may be a pathological liar and those people believe what they say to be true.

I also think the dude has dementia, or is in early stages. Just IMO. God Bless America.
Beginning my arse, you actually mean continuing...

Old 10-21-2017, 08:38 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Nah, I am saying you were not there, and you have NO right making wild accusations.

Honor is something you don't have if you wanted to make wild accusations like these.

YOU.WERE.NOT.THERE
Neither were you.

But Sgt. Johnson was.

And he was left behind.

The military knew this the second they took the head count.

They knew it by his locator beacon.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:39 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Kelly stated he was there, stated several details about this lie he pulled out of thin air, said he was stunned, stunned.

Me too.
He was there. He was at the dedication and ribbon cutting for the new FBI building. Listen to this again (you apparently didn't listen before):

https://youtu.be/cR4Nj8iTXcc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies