Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2017, 07:42 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I love how Trump defenders complain about political grandstanding while defending our Dear Leader who has made it about himself from day one.
well, it's true, none of the other families are complaining? Why?
once again, if you kept yourself informed, in a none biased way, you would be able to see the good things he has done....no other president has done...not Clinton, not Bush, not Obama.....

Old 10-24-2017, 07:46 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, it's true, none of the other families are complaining? Why?
once again, if you kept yourself informed, in a none biased way, you would be able to see the good things he has done....no other president has done...not Clinton, not Bush, not Obama.....
I do keep myself informed, and what I see is President Trump taking credit for things which he's owed no credit for. Moreover, his obsession with previous Presidents compels him to repeatedly compare himself to them (in his mind and words to his advantage), when the comparisons are based on lies (but, hey, someone told him that, and it's not like he ever checks the facts).

Old 10-24-2017, 07:47 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Of course none of the other families had a bad word to say. No recording and we are supposed to believe that Trump said everything this woman and the Congresswoman say he did? Just more anti-Trump fake news. I get why people are yawning. It's already old.
OR, nothing went wrong on the other calls and Trump tripped over his words on this one, inadvertently offending the family.

This has all the hallmarks of a simple misunderstanding, but of course everyone had to rip everyone else apart rather than give even an inch.

Trump misstated his condolences and the family was too deep in their grief to extend him some grace. Crap happens, let it go.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:55 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
I wonder how much the liberal press paid the parents to complain?

Old 10-24-2017, 08:32 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Getting old listening to the constant excuses for Trump's "misstating" this, that, or the other.

How hard is it to say, "Sorry for your loss. If there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to ask," and hang up?

Old 10-24-2017, 08:40 AM

46,306 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Getting old listening to the constant excuses for Trump's "misstating" this, that, or the other.

How hard is it to say, "Sorry for your loss. If there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to ask," and hang up?
Getting very old listening to the left complain...when other Gold Star families are not....

Old 10-24-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Yes it is. They know damn well what they are signing up for. For my husband it is following his calling in life and he is happy and content with serving also. Like teachers, preschool workers, nurses and doctors, they are a special breed.
and so are cops, and anyone who knows a public servant like that, knows to, what they signed up for...it's unspoken but known.

If the poor snowflakes wouldn't get so offended at everything, they would be able to understand this.

My son is a cop, he knows what he signed up for...he did a tour in Afghanistan, he knows what he signed up for.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Every soldier, marine, sailor, airman, and coast guard death is a tragedy. One is no more of a loss to a family than another and that is the most important part that seems to be lost in the era of Trump. I just read this article and took a look at some of the links. I am glad that at least some funds are raised for some of the others lost.

Here Are 2017's 15 Fallen U.S. Soldiers And How To Help Their Families
the only part of that which has been lost under the Trump administration is from those who have never known people who have given their lives for their communities, and country. You can't loose feelings like that in a matter of months.

what, you actually believed there wasn't help out there....? There is help, but not enough, and that didn't just occur, that has been ongoing for many many years....that needs to change....

Old 10-24-2017, 09:08 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
and so are cops, and anyone who knows a public servant like that, knows to, what they signed up for...it's unspoken but known.

If the poor snowflakes wouldn't get so offended at everything, they would be able to understand this.

My son is a cop, he knows what he signed up for...he did a tour in Afghanistan, he knows what he signed up for.
"Unspoken" is the key word here.

Some are consoled at being told their recently killed loved one knew what he signed up for.

Others find little comfort in these words.

Go figure.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:08 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
the only part of that which has been lost under the Trump administration is from those who have never known people who have given their lives for their communities, and country. You can't loose feelings like that in a matter of months.

what, you actually believed there wasn't help out there....? There is help, but not enough, and that didn't just occur, that has been ongoing for many many years....that needs to change....
I must be misunderstanding your point? Or you mine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies