Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 04:31 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,632,318 times

Advertisements

As long as the shooter didn't see me, I would have the advantage armed with rocks. I could throw them 100mph with pinpoint accuracy. My high school coaches begged me to join the baseball team but I found baseball to be rather boring, I much preferred to put on rock throwing exhibitions for the kids at my school. If there was a rock-throwing hall of fame I would have been selected years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 04:36 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,303,369 times
Might be surprised. The kids are pretty pissed by this.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:06 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
To expensive but you are half right.

Make use of existing resources. Teacher aid going from student to student giving hand****. I've never heard of anyone getting a hand**** gunning anyone down. It may sound like to much pampering but do it for the kids. Safety first !!!!
It was a JOKE.

Turning schools into war zones is a really bad idea--not the answer to military grade weapon violence.

If we can't solve this, the US is doomed and is so far behind other countries that it doesn't really matter if people go to school.

Geez, whatever happened to brains in this country?

Move to Syria if you want to watch people shoot each other.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:54 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It was a JOKE.

Turning schools into war zones is a really bad idea--not the answer to military grade weapon violence.

If we can't solve this, the US is doomed and is so far behind other countries that it doesn't really matter if people go to school.

Geez, whatever happened to brains in this country?

Move to Syria if you want to watch people shoot each other.
If you read the original article they said that they already installed devices to reinforce the classroom doors. This is only one last ditch effort after all else fails. They also mentioned that they did have one armed security guard; hopefully he would be as effective as the guard was in the Maryland HS shooting recently.

So if the kids are not allowed to carry guns and they have a locked door separating themselves from the shooter; the rock in their hands is more like a security blanket. They have no place to run. It would empower them and give them the possibility to protect themselves and their classmates. I would dare anybody to stand and let 30 kids throw rocks at you. We have seen over and over again where police in riot gear are sent to the hospital by protestors with rocks. In war this could be called suppressive fire.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:08 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
Might be surprised. The kids are pretty pissed by this.
Apparently everything is pissing them off... arming teachers, buckets of rocks, more guards, oh... but confiscating weapons and burning the 2nd amendment would solve everything.

Nothing like the few dictating to the many, and teenagers no less.

BTW, David Hogg has turned out to be a dream pawn of the gun grabbers. That profane rant he went on made him look like someone who should never ever ever ever be the one to decide how others should live.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...ts-supporters/

His parents must be proud!

Proof that an 18 year old who has been given far more voice than he/she deserves will abuse that power.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:13 PM

8,232 posts, read 3,490,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
Kids will inevitably be injured by rocks. Injured.

Still better than killed.
What? You think you can't be killed with a rock? How do you think they killed people during Bible days?

Old 03-23-2018, 08:15 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,501,555 times
I guess that's better than spitballs.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:22 PM

2,985 posts, read 1,748,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I would dare anybody to stand and let 30 kids throw rocks at you. We have seen over and over again where police in riot gear are sent to the hospital by protestors with rocks. In war this could be called suppressive fire.
Good grief...as soon as the very first .223 round is squeezed off, every person in the room not holding a weapon would be on the floor.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:30 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,537,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Dumbest idea yet.
errr...dumb as a sack of [fill in the blank]?

Old 03-23-2018, 09:47 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I hope you guys who think that this is a "solution" are kidding. Either that, or you haven't thought things through or have no experience n a classroom except as a student.

The first thing that would happen if an armed individual entered a classroom would be mass panic, from 99.999999999999999999% of teachers down to the kids. Kids, by the way, who cry if there's a lockdown drill. That's high school.

The next thing that would happen would be the individual would do what he came to do. There would be no "distribution" of river rock to throw at him.
Okay so the so called experts who are telling people to throw chairs, desks, books, etc. are "kidding" or misinformed?

Let them know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies