Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2018, 07:34 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They're not my banks. Why would I be able to name them? Just go back and research the scandal. Tax cheat Timmy Geithner failed to pay taxes on his IMF income earned abroad even after signing an IMF document that he was responsible for paying US taxes on that income.
That's all you got? Pretty thin gruel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 07:38 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Yes and yes, but not Cyprus. Elsewhere. Geithner did both while living abroad working for the IMF before he was Treasury Secretary. Not only did he do both, he was not prosecuted, and he got to remain Treasury Secretary, which by the way is the head of the IRS.
Ah, so he was working for an international government agency...of which our country is a founder and long term member...for a relatively small amount of money...and owed some taxes on it???

This is akin to the 10's of millions of Americans who buy stuff online and then don't declare it on their state sales tax! A joke.....

Many people seem to have not watched Sesame Street which often taught (and sung) "Which of these things is NOT like the other, see if you can guess which one"....if we are taught that before age 5, one must assume an adult conversation would not contain such.

Let's reason this out:

1. Tens of Millions of Americans WOULD owe some taxes if their returns were audited....

compared with:

2. Working against the interests of our ally (Ukraine) and taking tens of millions in Russian money and hiding it in foreign banks. Then, many times, purposely avoiding taxation by international wire. Then, falsifying and doctoring bank loan applications and telling accountants and bookkeepers to inflate figures and make them up out of thin air.

I ask the entire audience here. Is one of these things NOT like the other? See if you can guess which one....

Old 08-04-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Its not going to get thrown out. And if it did it would be retried. The feds don't lose cases that way. Besides that the judge seems to want a fast moving trial. That is the only thing I get from what I have heard.

I know you are a Trumper but seriously why defend scum like Manafort? Why do you care if he goes to trial or not? Are you afraid he has damaging info on Trump?

You are for law and order right? Someone breaks the law they should pay the price yet you seem to want Manafort to get away with what he likely did.
The Trumpies are grasping at straws if they think the judge is on their side. He is bending over backwards to give Manafort a fair trial so when he (Manafort) is found guilty on the basis of overwhelming evidence there will be no grounds for appeal.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:47 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Ah, so he was working for an international government agency...of which our country is a founder and long term member...for a relatively small amount of money...and owed some taxes on it???
And deliberately didn't report the income and failed to pay US taxes on it, even after having signed an IMF document stating that he was responsible for paying US taxes on that income. So, what did Obama and the Dem Congress (at the time) do about Geithner cheating on his taxes? They made him the Treasury Secretary and head of the IRS, even when they knew he was a tax cheat.

Remember this currency campaign?

Last edited by InformedConsent; 08-04-2018 at 07:57 AM..

Old 08-04-2018, 07:50 AM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The Trumpies are grasping at straws if they think the judge is on their side. He is bending over backwards to give Manafort a fair trial so when he (Manafort) is found guilty on the basis of overwhelming evidence there will be no grounds for appeal.

Good point. If I was a Trumper I would be furious with Manafort instead of hoping the trial gets thrown out. His association with the Trump campaign makes Trump look bad and Manafort was only their to get some breathing room with the people he owed money to showing that he was still relevant in politics.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:53 AM

30,392 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Its not going to get thrown out. And if it did it would be retried. The feds don't lose cases that way. Besides that the judge seems to want a fast moving trial. That is the only thing I get from what I have heard.

I know you are a Trumper but seriously why defend scum like Manafort? Why do you care if he goes to trial or not? Are you afraid he has damaging info on Trump?

You are for law and order right? Someone breaks the law they should pay the price yet you seem to want Manafort to get away with what he likely did.
Society is not well served by jailing bankrupt old men because they supported Trump...we should be above having political prisoners but that's all Manafort would be.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Good point. If I was a Trumper I would be furious with Manafort instead of hoping the trial gets thrown out. His association with the Trump campaign makes Trump look bad and Manafort was only their to get some breathing room with the people he owed money to showing that he was still relevant in politics.
Wait till Manafort turns and starts cooperating with the feds. Such as giving details about the Trump Tower meeting that conflict with the version given by Trump Jr. Then watch the smear campaign begin led by head Trumpie Fawn Hannity.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Society is not well served by jailing bankrupt old men because they supported Trump...we should be above having political prisoners but that's all Manafort would be.
Right. And the only thing they had on Al Capone was income tax evasion. Manafort is right where he belongs.

Old 08-04-2018, 08:00 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
They're not my banks. Why would I be able to name them? Just go back and research the scandal. Tax cheat Timmy Geithner failed to pay taxes on his IMF income earned abroad even after signing an IMF document that he was responsible for paying US taxes on that income.
Because you made the assertion, maybe? How about a link, anyway? It would do wonders for the credibility of your post.

Old 08-04-2018, 08:04 AM

30,392 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Right. And the only thing they had on Al Capone was income tax evasion. Manafort is right where he belongs.
Capone killed people, the only reason Manafort is in trouble with the law is that he supported Trump for a month. For sure Trump will pardon him if this isn't thrown out and they get a conviction....for now though, the Demonic Rats have their political prisoner and don't want to give him up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies