Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2018, 05:44 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,888,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Women need to dress more conservatively.

Clothing that exposes a woman’s thighs or cleavage is not appropriate in public. Multiple visible tattoos also give off the wrong signal.
It's not just clothing. It's communication style, time and location. Most guys don't pounce just because she is dressed provocatively. It is because there are ambiguous signals being sent out. Don't twirl your hair and don't be ambivalent or talk friendly to a strange Man unless you are interested and actively going down the road towards ACTIVE consent. Don't hang around "Bad boys" unless you want the consequences that come along with that crowd.

These are not Soy Boy Twitch Gamers violating these Women, they are the usual Chad Lightstorm former motorcycle gang types in the pool hall with a rap sheet. The types that unfortunately many Women are attracted to. The Soy Boys that are considerate of them - They want nothing to do with them. Yet somehow the Soy Boy is responsible for keeping them safe from Chad.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:00 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,152 times
Quote:

Clothing that exposes a woman’s thighs or cleavage is not appropriate in public. Multiple visible tattoos also give off the wrong signal.
Why is that? Men undress women with their eyes, anyway. We should not go to beaches and not wear shorts in the summer time. Guys, you need to cover up those tight arses and not show any muscles, less a woman gets turned on.

Bring on the long dresses and cover your faces with a veil, because there are vultures out there, ladies.

No tattoos................just stay home and clean house and bake and have bunches of kiddos; have we forgotten our places in society? Shame on us.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:12 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,062,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Why do we have 100 threads on this and not any on how we need to be changing men's behaviors? How to raise sons not to rape instead of women to not life live for fear of being raped?
That’s the question. There seems to be an incredible amount of resistance from many men on this. Maybe they think that the behavior is impossible to change and that the very idea that men shouldn’t rape is preposterous, I don’t know. Wouldn’t it be nice if women didn’t have to be constantly on guard their whole lives—having to second guess everything they do, everything they say, everything they wear, everywhere they go, everyone they meet. And knowing that, even if they do everything “right”, it is still not enough.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:15 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
It's not just clothing. It's communication style, time and location. Most guys don't pounce just because she is dressed provocatively. It is because there are ambiguous signals being sent out. Don't twirl your hair and don't be ambivalent or talk friendly to a strange Man unless you are interested and actively going down the road towards ACTIVE consent. Don't hang around "Bad boys" unless you want the consequences that come along with that crowd.

These are not Soy Boy Twitch Gamers violating these Women, they are the usual Chad Lightstorm former motorcycle gang types in the pool hall with a rap sheet. The types that unfortunately many Women are attracted to. The Soy Boys that are considerate of them - They want nothing to do with them. Yet somehow the Soy Boy is responsible for keeping them safe from Chad.
So if I twirl my hair I am to blame? The contortions to blame women are amazing. The rest of your post is BS. My first attempted rape was a jock in HS who felt entitled, plain and simple. He wasn't a former member or a current one of a gang, lol.

He was a good student, respected and admired athlete, blah blah. Good-looking, accustomed to girls falling at his feet and I didn't so he decided to try and make me.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:23 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,574,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
That’s the question. There seems to be an incredible amount of resistance from many men on this. Maybe they think that the behavior is impossible to change and that the very idea that men shouldn’t rape is preposterous, I don’t know. Wouldn’t it be nice if women didn’t have to be constantly on guard their whole lives—having to second guess everything they do, everything they say, everything they wear, everywhere they go, everyone they meet. And knowing that, even if they do everything “right”, it is still not enough.
A few things. Boys aren't being raised by their fathers alone. Somewhere in their lives, there is a female. What is the female teaching their son about respect for women? Men have a role, but so do women in the lives of their sons and nephews. If the man is missing in the boy's life, guess what, women have to take up that mantle and teach young men to respect women.

Second, girls AND boys have to be taught about situational awareness and self-defense. Yes, not all situations can be avoided. But if you're not taught to avoid walking down a dark alley that is trafficked by questionable characters with your iPhone in one hand and your wallet in the other, the risk that things will go south increases.

Lastly, I think it is a woman's duty to report an assault immediately because if it happened to her, there is a good chance the assailant will do it to someone else. Speaking out 36 years later is too late. Imagine if the first woman attacked by Cosby was able to get him convicted, there would be 70 women who wouldn't have had to experience the same thing.

Women are roaring now, they need to roar a bit sooner. It's like a delayed reaction. Women come out of the shadows years and decades after they are victimized. I understand there are reasons why women don't come forward. But women praise Dr. Ford and call her a hero for speaking out. We need a LOT more heroes out there who speak up when the assault actually happens.

Silence gives the assailant cover and empowers that person to do it to someone else. Don't give them that power.

Men AND women need to work together on this.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:26 AM

1,279 posts, read 853,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
There seems to be a lot of controversy around this issue. Although there is little debate that women are not responsible for sexual assaults, do they have a duty to protect themselves? If so, how? Avoiding being alone? Not drinking to excess, avoiding skimpy clothing, what? Many individuals of both genders have expressed this opinion. And if she doesn't protect herself in whatever way is deemed necessary or fitting, is the perpetrator less at fault if an assault happens?

Probably best to avoid those kinds of behavior, but a woman should be able to dress and behave however she wants, without a risk of assault. Men should simply control themselves. Don't blame the victim.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
There seems to be a lot of controversy around this issue. Although there is little debate that women are not responsible for sexual assaults, do they have a duty to protect themselves? If so, how? Avoiding being alone? Not drinking to excess, avoiding skimpy clothing, what? Many individuals of both genders have expressed this opinion. And if she doesn't protect herself in whatever way is deemed necessary or fitting, is the perpetrator less at fault if an assault happens?

Fighting and teaching your kid to fight, is not something that is promoted by public schools.
They want passive prey, to be distributed throughout the nation.

I was not raised to be a victim by my parents, but the public schools I attended, the goal was to tame us to be victims. Especially as the Police State ramped up.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:52 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:

Is this a joke? Or sarcasm? I certainly hope so.

Regardless, it brings me to this - if a woman is dressed as if she's looking for sex, if a woman is actually looking for sex, then that is certainly her prerogative. There's nothing wrong with that. The only person permitted to have sex with her is the person she consents to. It's not an open invitation. There's no signal that says you're permitted to rape them.

Old 10-06-2018, 07:14 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,888,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
So if I twirl my hair I am to blame? The contortions to blame women are amazing. The rest of your post is BS. My first attempted rape was a jock in HS who felt entitled, plain and simple. He wasn't a former member or a current one of a gang, lol.

He was a good student, respected and admired athlete, blah blah. Good-looking, accustomed to girls falling at his feet and I didn't so he decided to try and make me.
Yes, the typical "good looking jock". Not the nerd. That's my point.

Mothers should be teaching their daughters to stop going for the braggadocios guy and now we wonder why Trump is President?

Big Media and Sitcoms actively encourage young Women to choose Men the most likely to sexually assault them. You choose a guy who is used to having Women bend over and drop their panties on command. You didn't want to follow the script so now you create the problem situation. Expecting a douchebag with an inflated ego to bend to your standards

"The Bad Boy" has been around since the 1950's in the commercial sense. At what point and with what Generation will Women in America finally wake up and stop choosing him and complaining about the crap that comes along with it? You want the popular guy but don't like how he treats you. Yet by swooning all over him that is what creates his entitlement mentality and propensity to feel entitled to "take it".

Meanwhile the Soy Boy has to pick up the pieces console you emotionally and endure an eternal friend zone. Chad Lightstorm didn't behave the way you wanted so now all Men are abusers and suck.

At what point will Women be held accountable for choosing these types of Men? There are millions of Men who can't even get a date. Yet somehow date rape and sexual abuse is a pandemic

Old 10-06-2018, 07:15 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post

Well now, a woman who is hanging with MC or even former MC types knows full well what kind of males she is hanging with. That life is high profile and there are very few if any secrets about how women are treated and seen. "Soy boys". Have to admit ...never heard that one before. As to who is responsible for safety from Chad you won't find any of the latter type guys hanging around even near him and his buddies and nobody is taking responsibility for anything let alone the safety and virtue of a woman who has chosen to be there.

In such cases with these ultra wild and outlaw types I theorize that women know full well what they are in for. The "Soy Boy" is certainly not responsible for any issues that may arise and you won't even find one in proximity. In more mainstream cases the Soy Boy (if I'm understanding the context of that term) will still not be any sort of responsible or even willing to intervene in a blatant case of misconduct. Now, some current or former hay chucking cow chasing country boy? different animal. The rural areas are still producing true gentlemen.

A woman young or more mature twirling her hair or being friendly or even being overtly flirtatious is not a rare thing especially on the party scene. However jumping straight to taking these "signals" as a shoe in for consent to sex is a fools venture. It don't mean squat in that regard. Truth be known more sexual assaults happen on the mainstream and college party scenes than with outlaw MCs. The women on the latter scene know going in what that life is about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies