Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 07:18 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Do You need to be reminded who started this mess in the first place?
Liberals and their open border policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2019, 07:19 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's a lie that a large percentage of Americans want the wall. By a solid majority, they do not.

But I'm good with your solution. Open the government back up and let the voters in 2020 decide if they want the wall or not. But be prepared to be very disappointed.
Yes they do. Repeat that lie often enough it takes on its own truth.

Old 01-06-2019, 07:31 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
"Saint Ronnie" you mean Reagan who was president before your time?
So, in other words, the dems reneged on all their promises once the amnesty had passed.

Before Reagan was stricken with Alzheimer's he said he regretted the amnesty due to dems reneging on their promises. His regret was too little too late.
So - let me get this logic straight.

You claim that the reason Texas and Florida, etc. (both solid RED forever) are not doing e-verify...which would complete the "promise of no hiring".....is somehow due to Democrats?

That's udderly (and I mean Udder lee) fantastic.

Not only have they failed to do it over the years, but they won't do it right now. Try as you may, you won't be able to find a convenient excuse why those states - especially the one with the largest border - don't do the very basics.

I can give you the reason, tho. The largely Republican business people that control the politics want cheap labor.

Easy. One thing we hardly need to explain is greed and selfishness. Those are always evident.

What is less evident is hypocrisy of this level. How dare my brother try to remove the speck from my eye before removing the log from his!

Surely you can agree that by passing and strongly enforcing E-Verify, Texas and Florida could send a signal...and being as they have 50 million people (and vast millions of illegals), this would be more than a signal?

So, are we in agreement that Democrats have zero to do with Texas and Florida loving their illegal labor? Surely you know the Bush Library and think tanks constantly pump our pro-immigrant articles? Certainly you must know that the biggest financiers of the GOP, the Kochs, are very much into open borders?

C'mon. Here at CD we can be honest.

Let me tell you a little big about liberalism. In MA. we can't change the world. But we, just like Texas SHOULD, can set examples by doing things. We decrimed pot. Then we legalized it for rec use. We allowed same sex marriages. We have largely universal health care. We do these things because they matter - AND also to show the rest of the states that they CAN do things that matter.

Texas talks big but seems all hat and no cattle. Florida is bought and sold - the almighty dollar means much more than what is right.

Think about it.

Old 01-06-2019, 07:40 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

You claim that the reason Texas and Florida, etc. (both solid RED forever) are not doing e-verify...which would complete the "promise of no hiring".....is somehow due to Democrats?

Not only have they failed to do it over the years, but they won't do it right now. Try as you may, you won't be able to find a convenient excuse why those states - especially the one with the largest border - don't do the very basics.

I can give you the reason, tho. The largely Republican business people that control the politics want cheap labor.

No it's certainly not the Dems fault in those states. But it is more than just need for cheap labor although that is a component. One reason is competitive advantage or disadvantage. States and regions are competing to attract and retain business. If Texas adopted strict e-Verify and California didn't - or vice versa - one would be putting themselves at a competitive disadvantage. We really need to mandate it at the federal level.

Old 01-06-2019, 07:44 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Yes they do. Repeat that lie often enough it takes on its own truth.
Prove it.

Old 01-06-2019, 07:48 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,697,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Prove it.

I conduct polls everyday and 85% of Americans are in favor of building a secure border barrier. This number has risen 10% over the last 90 days.

Old 01-06-2019, 07:48 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

Easy. One thing we hardly need to explain is greed and selfishness. Those are always evident.

What is less evident is hypocrisy of this level. How dare my brother try to remove the speck from my eye before removing the log from his!

Surely you can agree that by passing and strongly enforcing E-Verify, Texas and Florida could send a signal...and being as they have 50 million people (and vast millions of illegals), this would be more than a signal?

So, are we in agreement that Democrats have zero to do with Texas and Florida loving their illegal labor? Surely you know the Bush Library and think tanks constantly pump our pro-immigrant articles? Certainly you must know that the biggest financiers of the GOP, the Kochs, are very much into open borders?

C'mon. Here at CD we can be honest.

Let me tell you a little big about liberalism. In MA. we can't change the world. But we, just like Texas SHOULD, can set examples by doing things. We decrimed pot. Then we legalized it for rec use. We allowed same sex marriages. We have largely universal health care. We do these things because they matter - AND also to show the rest of the states that they CAN do things that matter.

Texas talks big but seems all hat and no cattle. Florida is bought and sold - the almighty dollar means much more than what is right.

Think about it.
Trump himself is a symptom of the problem and a perfect example of it. Trump has long been accused of using cheap illegal laborers for his NYC buildings and H1-B visa workers for Mara-a-Lago (which often has been defended by posters including the one you replied to.)

Old 01-06-2019, 07:53 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Liberals and their open border policies.
Good Lord, why do people refuse to hear what is being said? LIBERALS DON'T WANT OPEN BORDERS!

Old 01-06-2019, 07:54 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I conduct polls everyday and 85% of Americans are in favor of building a secure border barrier. This number has risen 10% over the last 90 days.
Secure border barriers don't necessarily mean a wall. Everyone I know of wants better border security.

Old 01-06-2019, 07:59 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
LOL. Sure you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies