Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 03:21 PM

68,394 posts, read 54,665,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The country was already damaged by poisoned Democratic leaders who put their quest for power ahead of the needs of the American people.

Yeah, means nothing the Republicans had controlled Congress and the White House for almost two years, right?

Sounds like BS to me!

Last edited by burdell; 01-09-2019 at 03:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 03:25 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,419,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They can't give in to Trump after his tantrum. We have another budget coming up in September and then after that and then there are the debt ceilings. Will Trump pull a stunt like this at each one if he wins this time. I think so. Nancy is putting her foot down and ending the threat of shutdown threats now for the good of the country.
Not that she hasn't defended them in the past.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:25 PM

30,509 posts, read 23,945,484 times
Thought some people could use a little flashback from the past...or as people call it, "Throwback Thursday" (I'm a day early.)

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/757277230250745856

Feel free to download the pdf at the link provided and read. We know the left's agenda. "We aren't for open borders!" Oh, yes, some of you most certainly are.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:29 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,897,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I guess you've never had to negotiate for anything. Like buying a car, if you don't get what you want, do you get up and leave? Threaten to? Or do you sit there and get railroaded?
He agreed to a budget a few weeks ago. Why didn't he sign it? What's there to negotiate now?

Old 01-09-2019, 03:29 PM

193 posts, read 69,819 times
Pres Trump is not the first president to serve during a government shutdown and he certainly won't be the last. Is this shutdown causing some butt pain for many people? Yes...Is it the end of the world as we know it?...No Just like all the other "catastrophic" shutdowns this will eventually be resolved and until then, just as they did with ensuring tax refunds are sent, they will start to pass CRs to fund certain parts of the government before any real damage is done. Have a drink and relax everyone, I promise, this is not like the big one that killed the dinosaurs, life will go on.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:30 PM

662 posts, read 315,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
if Chucky and Nancy's response was 'sign this and we'll take about what you want later' they are lucky they didn't get punched in the face.
By the tiny handed orange coward? LOL! Trump couldn't pay attention to someone other than himself long enough to land a punch anyway.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:30 PM

251 posts, read 149,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So I told my spouse I wanted to spend $5 million on villa in Lake Como. I had promised myself and the kids that we would someday live next to George Clooney in Italy and that for the sake of my mental health as well as the promise I made to our kids, I wanted him to write the check.

He said I was out of my ever-loving mind. We were already in debt up to our eyeballs and overdrawn at the bank as it was.

I said, "Well, fine. If that's the way you are going to be, then I'm going to shut this place down. No cooking. No cleaning. Nothing. "

What exactly would the compromise be here, pray tell?

I'm not going to satisfied with a week at an Airbnb at the beach. He's not going to borrow $5 million to buy an Italian villa?
k

Old 01-09-2019, 03:31 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,897,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Most of those are just people that are stupid. Actors and elected officials have recently hit the news for these violations. If they were truly terrorists, I'm sure we would hear more about it.
I didn't say they were terrorists. I'm saying the TSA confiscated weapons thereby avoiding a possible dangerous situation.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:31 PM

10,650 posts, read 10,768,689 times
and how many bad mouth those crazy preppers/survivalist??? My basement is full of canned garden products......like my kids always say...Dad you were right again!!!!!

Old 01-09-2019, 03:34 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,613,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And what pray tell, should Trump be doing? If he opens the government, Chuck and Nancy win, and then all we hear is how Trump failed on his Wall promise. Then Chuck and Nancy can pull the same game the next time he needs something funded.
I didn’t realize it was Trump’s job to choose what gets funded. I thought Congress had the power of the purse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies