Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 07:04 AM

62,973 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall. Why aren't they? He never said he'd shutdown the government and make the American taxpayers pay for it during his campaign, gee I wonder why?

Polly wanna cracker? Squawk, squawk. I already addressed all of this in my prior post but yet you keep repeating this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 07:05 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,980,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The wall will likely take a decade to build"

How many walls have YOU built to make such a claim?

"cost a lot more than it should,"

The CURRENT "cost" is a LOT higher!

" be climbed over, tunneled under,"

Maybe we should tear down the current effective walls.

NOTHING is 100%. We have current speed limit laws and people break them every day. Should we eliminate them?

"will need maintenance"

What maintenance?

Do you do any driving? Do you see the walls around the Interstate highways, etc for sound barriers?

CONCRETE DOESN'T NEED maintenance.

"Not to mention the seizing of land via eminent domain."

It's done every day to tear down old buildings and build new roads in cities, etc.

All I see is lame, not well thought out, excuses!
Concrete doesn't need maintenance? Do you really believe that???

Old 01-21-2019, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Polly wanna cracker? Squawk, squawk. I already addressed all of this in my prior post but yet you keep repeating this?
I'm repeating what Trump said time and time again, same with his voter base. Where are all those people that gobbled up that line? Oh yeah, they're mum on that detail. Mexico is not paying for the wall like Trump said they would. The renegotiated NAFTA did not include that.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So one side making an offer is now dictating terms? WTH? All the other side has to do is make a counter offer or is that dictating terms to you also? His stupid wall? For the umpteenth time this is the wall that congress passed back in 2006 not Trump's wall.

Moron? Just more uncivil remarks by your side. Sure it was Trump that shut down the government but it's the Democrats that are keeping it that way as they are the ones who don't want to compromise. Schumer and Pelosi both said NO Wall. Is that what you call compromise? They wanted DACA and now Trump has offered to compromise on that. What does Trump get?
They are writing a new bill this week, that's their counter offer. Do you follow the news at all?

Old 01-21-2019, 07:09 AM

6,738 posts, read 4,422,356 times
When he was born, the doctor spanked him on the azz and said, compromised!

Old 01-21-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
You know, if Obama had built a wall, Trump would be tearing it down now.

The wall will likely take a decade to build, cost a lot more than it should, be climbed over, tunnelled under, and will need maintenance on one end before the other end is ever completed. Not to mention the seizing of land via eminent domain.

And then the next Democrat President will tear it down anyway.

So they all need to compromise on border security and immigration, to build barriers where appropriate, use E-verify and other 21st century solutions. We don't really need the Great Wall of Trump. It's an overly simplistic solution to a complex problem.

Why would Trump tear down any walls on the border no matter which administration they were built under? You make no sense at all. No, the good walls can't be tunneled under nor climbed over with any significant success. It certainly won't cost more than the over $100 billion a year that illegals cost us including any maintenance. Those who don't want to have a barrier on their properties can just deal with the illegal trespassers, drug runners and criminals that will just funnel through their lands then. They'll be crying for a wall in not time.

The so-called Great wall of Trump is only for the 700 miles on the most porous areas of the border already approved by congress back in 2006. So you were saying? Why would any Democrat president tear it down? They haven't torn down those in place already, have they? You're just grasping at straws here making uninformed lame excuses now. Not all illegals are coming here to work, thus the wall. E-verify won't stop them. We need a total package however to reduce illegal immigration that includes e-verify and the wall.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:19 AM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
They are writing a new bill this week, that's their counter offer. Do you follow the news at all?

If its a 18% of the way $1B, it merits no Senate vote.

I am happy JM will be bringing the CR w $5.7B to a vote.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:22 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Let's use the right words here. He has failed on most of his promises....

Balanced Budget - nope...the complete opposite.
Better health care cheaper for all - nope...opposite as he throws people off the rolls.
Repeal ACA first day - Nope...it still exists.
Wall - sea to sea, concrete and starting the day he takes office - Nope.
America First - Nope....see his glee in forcing Blue Collar workers to labor for free.
Greatest Economy EVER - Stock Market DOWN from a year ago.
Bring down Trade Deficit? - Nope - at record levels with China and in total.

Those are MASSIVE issues and although no one would expect all of them to be perfected in two years, his direction in many is backwards. Didn't conservatives believe in fiscal prudence? Now they are quiet when the deficit is projected at double what it was in the last Obama year.

Tom, your wording is incorrect. It's not that he compromised. It's that he completely failed and wasn't ever capable of success. This would be like asking your UPS driver to jump into a 747 and take a run to Japan. Can't happen because the training and background isn't there.

Glad to see you admitting some of it though. I have no hope for him...I think if you measured accurately you'd see the same.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:25 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
I'm repeating what Trump said time and time again, same with his voter base. Where are all those people that gobbled up that line? Oh yeah, they're mum on that detail. Mexico is not paying for the wall like Trump said they would. The renegotiated NAFTA did not include that.
Let's not forget - Sea to Shining Sea Concrete Barrier, Mexico will pay for...and every single bad person shipped back on day one!

Now we are talking buttressing up existing barriers with some steel slats? What a con man! The fact that his base even goes for 1/10th or less of the promises is quite telling.

"I'm going to pay you 100,000 to paint the lobby of Trump Taj in Atlantic City"
"Here's 10 grand now that you are done....take it and see you in court".....

That's been Trump from Day One. "Conservatives" fail to understand that the 10 grand didn't even pay for the cost of materials and that the contractor likely had to go bankrupt due to it.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:

No need for the snarky remarks. I don't watch the news 24/7. Glad to see that the Democrats are at least making a counter offer rather than them just saying NO as they did in the past and the left making false claims that it is Trump that doesn't want to compromise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies