Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2019, 06:45 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Oh BS. Your posting history makes it quite clear that you would support a blanket prohibition of abortion. I'd respect you more if you were honest.

The strategy of the religious right is not a secret. First overturn Roe v Wade, because of that pesky implicit right to privacy/autonomy language. This opens the door to state governments having the power to regulate women's reproductive lives in any way they see fit. (Also men's. You think that men would be exempt from having their reproductive lives regulated?) There are approximately 30 states that have already passed restrictive laws that would be triggered should Roe v Wade be overturned. That's the first step. The second step is an embryonic/fetal personhood amendment. Do you seriously expect anyone here to believe that you would vociferously oppose embryonic/fetal personhood?
Whoops. That's about 30 laws in 14 states. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/15/u...tion-laws.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 06:48 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So you very much hope your state becomes an exporter state of abortion. My God, how can you possibly take pride in that?
He's full of it. This states' right blather is simply that - blather. He thinks we don't know who he is - a hard right anti-choicer.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:36 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Gosh I fervently hope you are correct!

The ability of a woman to have control of her body is critical to civil rights. Take away her reproductive choice and you step onto a slippery slope. If the government can force a woman to continue a pregnancy, what is next? Forced sterilizations? Limit the number of children? Who is permitted to have children?
Yes, and there are articles on the subject, regarding males contributing to and not having to take responsibility for unwanted / unexpected sexual intercourse, lack of birth-control support or preparation for (by some men), leading to unwanted Pregnancy or Abortion.

http://squaretwo.org/Sq2ArticleCassl...nManIssue.html

Last edited by In2itive_1; 05-18-2019 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: More

Old 05-18-2019, 07:40 PM

25,457 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
No Roe v Wade case is in the works. I do suspect Heartbeat bills would be upheld 5-4 at SC.
Both Gorsuch and Kavanaugh have said they would uphold Roe v. Wade, but who the hell knows?

Old 05-18-2019, 09:01 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Both Gorsuch and Kavanaugh have said they would uphold Roe v. Wade, but who the hell knows?
Roe v Wade and Heartbeat bills are NOT equivalent, in any way, shape, or form.

So far these two have been mainly Strict Constitutionalists, which generally favors local control over federal control.

Pre Roe, abortion was legal in many states, btw.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
So why is it so important to these Louisiana, West Virginia, and Georgia religious conservatives that SCOTUS make abortion illegal in California and New York???? Because I know and you know that is the ultimate goal.
Isn't MURDER illegal in every state?

The RIGHT TO LIFE, Liberty & the pursuit of Happiness.
It is all right there from the beginning in the USA.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:36 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Isn't MURDER illegal in every state?

The RIGHT TO LIFE, Liberty & the pursuit of Happiness.
It is all right there from the beginning in the USA.
Abortion isn't murder

Old 05-19-2019, 12:04 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,220,658 times
No. Worst case scenario, people have to go out of state for abortions. But I doubt that’s going to happen. Alabama shot a little too far with its new outrageous law. I highly doubt Neil Gorsuch is going to vote to uphold it.

Old 05-19-2019, 12:24 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,129 times
No. This is ridiculous. It should be left the hell enough alone, we've gone all these years, but we don't work on the real problems contributing that could cut down on the need for abortion.

WHY don't we work on preventing unplanned pregnancy?? Use BIRTH CONTROL...males, use a condom, for pete's sake ("oh..that doesn't feel as good")..well, too bad. That's not 100% perfect, but it would be much simpler, less costly, no harm, yet some birth control for females causes side effects or other problems...(but let's just let the women deal with it all, no matter what)..

Old 05-19-2019, 12:36 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,937,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
This is why I think some of these laws are being passed too early. Better to wait until Trump is able to appoint another conservative judge to the court. Judge Barrett from Louisiana is very reliably conservative and though I would prefer a Baptist vs another Catholic I think she would be great and she is clearly pro-life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies