Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2019, 05:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Must admit that watching conservative apoplexy over changing demographic trends is quite simply hilarious. I’m really enjoying it.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:05 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Simple minded would be better. I guess you would go ballistic where I live. Spanish, several Philippine dialects, Russian and about every European language you can think of. And they're almost all bilingual and American citizens.
If they are bi-lingual then why wouldn't they speak English in public? Simple minded? Isn't that a personal attack?

Old 06-22-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Hispanics are often white. They have Spanish DNA which means they have European descent. Yes, they have some native mixed in but so do many white Americans. It's strange that they are considered "non-white" by many people.
Most are mixed race which means part white and part something else. Usually Amerindian. The racial term is Mestizo. What's the problem with the facts?

Old 06-22-2019, 06:13 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Why do you assume that the state will become Democratic with a growing Hispanic population? It shouldn't.

Hispanics tend to be very family oriented and socially conservative. They are mostly Catholics who would oppose abortion, and if they leave the Catholic church they more often than not will join a Pentecostal or other fundamentalist leaning church which also opposes abortion.

Hispanics are hard working and generally very enterprising, willing to take great risks and make great sacrifices to get a business going and grow it.

In other words, Hispanics would make excellent Republicans, and they know it! This Republican anti-Hispanic mania is inconceivable to me, it would be like the party exhibiting rabid anti-Mormonism ... a huge mistake by the party if they ever tried it.

There is only one real reason why (many but not all) Hispanics will not support the Republicans: grass root white Republicans exhibit xenophobia to an inordinate degree, and dislike Hispanics because ... well because ... they are Hispanic. It's just that simple.

The xenophobes have a tight poisonous grasp on the Republican party, and it drives Hispanics (and other good potential Republicans) away. If the Republican party loses Texas, it will be because they threw it away.
I don't assume that it will become Democratic because of a growing Hispanic population. I figure it will eventually become Democratic because it's been headed in that direction for awhile now and much of the politics of the fine state of Texas is influenced by it's very large metro areas, which are increasingly Democratic.

I'm also not "anti-Hispanic" - if I was I would never have moved to Texas.

Just wanted to make that abundantly clear.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:16 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Aren't "Hispanics" white people?

Aren't Spaniards white people?
"Hispanic" isn't a race. Surely you know that.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:34 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
When it all boils down this is about an old dude who wants everyone in public to kowtow to what he thinks is right!

He not only wants the right do what HE wants, but he feels 300 Million others have to do what he wants! Should he be able to see their texts on their phones also? After all, people may be talking about HIM.

They may also be texting with relatives 1/2 way around the world.....in Chinese! OMG! Or, they may be texting in Spanish with a relative in the parking lot.

Those of you who feel this way - don't come to Sarasota! Those Amish will be speaking that strange dutch/german in public much of the time....maybe they are talking about YOU?

You'd think a Political Discussion would involve actual politics. I'd say that most Americans are in agreement that to become a full fledged citizens one should learn English. That would seem about as far as politics go in this matter. We are all Americans - and that includes S. Americans and Central Americans...who are some of our top trading partners and also many have become citizens here.

Buying the "Trump Line" of drugs, rapists and murderers seems passe. Heck, even The Don is softening up because he knows election season is around the corner. Someone is telling him what to do and he is doing it.

No one really believed that Mexico was going to pay for a Wall and that it would be built on Day One, did they?

Old 06-22-2019, 06:37 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Must admit that watching conservative apoplexy over changing demographic trends is quite simply hilarious. I’m really enjoying it.
Yeah, it's expecially hillarious when all the cheap illegal labor helps to undercut unions and hits black demographics harder than anyone else. Heee heee....ho ho....great humor!

Old 06-22-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most are mixed race which means part white and part something else. Usually Amerindian. The racial term is Mestizo. What's the problem with the facts?
The facts are that they are likely more American than you in their DNA........

That is, American Indians, S. Americans, Central Americans, Mexicans are Siberians who came over here 12-13,000 years ago.

I'm Russian and Italian and a bit of Nordic, etc - not a drop of American blood according to multiple DNA tests.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, it's expecially hillarious when all the cheap illegal labor helps to undercut unions and hits black demographics harder than anyone else. Heee heee....ho ho....great humor!
Except you aren't fooling us because Florida and Texas and such places have virtually no unions of any sort and they both LOVE minimum wages - in fact, both have among the lowest in the USA.

A more accurate take would be to say "cheap illegal labor is loved by the same people who love cheap legal labor because it keeps ALL of them in the lower ranks of society and increases profits".

But real liberals don't feel that way - that is why they have much higher wages (yes, even for migrants) and protections and such. They feel responsible...as in the Golden Rule.

A little less so with the millions in Texas and Florida and at Trump clubs, etc. where they are asked to disappear whenever whitey comes around.

In fact, if our own Oldglory was Trump, he could get his wish and never have to hear Spanish spoken....because at his clubs they quickly make all the brown people go upstairs or into the basement when he visits so he doesn't have to see them.

Nothing is stopping Oldglory or others from arranging their lives to do much the same. Get Amazon deliveries and such.....visit the "right" parts of town, move to Idaho, etc.

Easy.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What's to laugh at anyway when there is a demographic change due mostly to illegal immigration? What American would laugh at lawlessness changing our country? Unbelievable, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies