Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2019, 05:57 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,671,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
On top of which, the Democrats are all talking about providing health insurance to illegals as well.
Oh god they already do in California. What a disgrace. If what the dems want happens this M4A bs and you're one of the 55% of Americans who actually pay taxes, prepare for your QOL to drop big time.

I feel like lots of rich people would leave the country.

Why even want to be successful if you're just giving it away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2019, 05:58 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
What is scary is a guy who couldn't do math well enough to balance his own household budget, thinks that he knows how to solve the Health care issues in the USA. Before public office Bernie Sanders was a bum, mooching off others and couldn't find a way to pay his own bills. It took a 6 figure salary to get him out of his hole.

His bill like all bills from both parties once again puts the burden squarely on the backs of the middle class. Surprise surprise.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
What is scary is a guy who couldn't do math well enough to balance his own household budget, thinks that he knows how to solve the Health care issues in the USA. Before public office Bernie Sanders was a bum, mooching off others and couldn't find a way to pay his own bills. It took a 6 figure salary to get him out of his hole.

His bill like all bills from both parties once again puts the burden squarely on the backs of the middle class. Surprise surprise.
Is that really true? Doesn't surprise me one bit. I've always heard the "Bernie has never had a real job.." line but have never cared to research, because he disgusts me so much.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:20 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
I don't understand why the USA cannot find a way to finance a single payer health plan without huge tax increases when Canada does it and has lower taxes than the US.....Perhaps your money is being spent in the wrong places? Having a 22 trillion dollar debt doesn't help, I guess.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I don't understand why the USA cannot find a way to finance a single payer health plan without huge tax increases when Canada does it and has lower taxes than the US.....Perhaps your money is being spent in the wrong places? Having a 22 trillion dollar debt doesn't help, I guess.
Canada has 1/10th the population of the United States, and considerably more than half of the people pay taxes, unlike here.

Canada's taxes are NOT lower than here, that's a joke.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:22 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
I believe the offset would be the 20-30k they would not be spending on private insurance.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:32 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times
I think the U.S. can figure a solution out where anyone can buy into public option healthcare. The individual buying Government healthcare can be an undocumented immigrant and have legal amnesty.

Also emergency healthcare for those unemployed. Taxpayers and non-tax payers can have access to these funds. Individuals obtain a credit card that can be used at any emergency facility and can be used through out their hospital admission.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:46 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
If EVERYONE pays then it will probably cost 25k under the absolute BEST of circumstances... But we all know Democrats lies... a lot of people won't pay because they are excluded by Democrats as a bribe for votes or can't pay... And it is never ever under the best of circumstances... You can get to the 10k figure but then you won't be seeing a doctor and your CT and lab work will take a month... That is if you are still alive...

Old 08-29-2019, 07:31 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Yes and we can thank American capitalism for that. Another thing Sanders doesn't get about M4A. Nobody would care anymore, it would be half-assed and basic healthcare. Quality of healthcare would plummet.
Many years ago I did basic research in NMR the precursor to the MRI, funded by a federal grant. The chief researcher was a Czech. And many MRI manufacturers are not US based. So it is not all American capitalism there.

If M4A does not reimburse providers with realistic salaries, it could languish.

Medicine is delivered utilizing standards of care. Basic or complex treatments depend on the patient and diagnosis.

Old 08-29-2019, 07:33 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
What will illegal immigrants pay for medicare for all?
Depends on how it is funded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies