Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2019, 05:54 PM

934 posts, read 402,535 times

Advertisements

Me reading 70% of your posts on this thread. But ok, I expected the percentage to be even higher.

1. It is not smoking. It is vaping. Smoking implies a combustible product. Nothing is combustible in vaping.

2. It is not tobacco. What you probably think by that is nicotine. However, you can vape e-liquid without any nicotine if you choose so. By the way that is exactly what I am doing while writing this.

3. Vaping itself has caused 0 deaths so far. What caused these 6 deaths was street THC with with who knows what else mixed in.

4. You will never hear the end of your overlords lying about it, of course, because killing the vaping industry is the best way to keep big tobacco, big pharma and big tax satisfied. The fact that vaping is saving many smokers doesn't matter to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 05:55 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
And this despite the well-known Constitutional amendment that bans government from stopping or interfering with people's right to light up, vape, etc.

Can liberals really be this obtuse and hate-filled?
Don’t be naive. The second amendment is not absolute. No matter how much you wish to be.

Old 09-11-2019, 05:58 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
4. You will never hear the end of your overlords lying about it, of course, because killing the vaping industry is the best way to keep big tobacco, big pharma and big tax satisfied. The fact that vaping is saving many smokers doesn't matter to them.
Get ready for a deluge of anti-tobacco propaganda targeted towards liberals and anti-marijuana propaganda targeted towards conservatives. The goal of the powers-that-be is to get vaping eliminated and marijuana back to being 100% illegal.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:02 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Both parties have a problem with freedom. One boldly admits to it and the other pretends otherwise.

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 09-11-2019 at 06:19 PM..

Old 09-11-2019, 06:05 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Vaping? To each their own. None of my business and I am no one to judge. I did Skoal or Skoal like products from 1975 until January 2018. I will say this I was a gentleman dipper. Most people never knew that I had a chew in and never caught me spitting.

If Vaping makes you happy, then Vape on.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:07 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
In effect and practicality, isn't "being taken off the market" essentially the same thing as being banned?
yep.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:07 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Hey right wingers! Where are you to express your outrage about trump micro-managing your life?

Old 09-11-2019, 06:11 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am sure it is a good intent, but the obvious result will be the teens switching over to tobacco. They are already hooked, so it seems like the natural choice.

Big tobacco will send him a thank you letter.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/11/polit...ors/index.html

President Donald Trump said Wednesday that the US Food and Drug Administration would be putting out "some very strong recommendations" regarding the use of flavored e-cigarettes in "a couple of weeks."

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, seated in the Oval Office with the President, first lady Melania Trump and the acting commissioner of the FDA, announced that newly proposed enforcement policy would require flavored e-cigarette companies to take their products off the market.
vaping has been medically found to be just as bad or worse than real cigarettes

hopefully teens will learn no to do either...dont start, it is too hard to quit

Old 09-11-2019, 06:15 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
The vaping poisonings are tragic for sure but
one would think the first couple would be as concerned with gun violence that
claims more victims than vaping ever will.
Our first lady is freaking out about her only child growing up and
having to make choices about vaping.
actually all americans should be concerned with ALL violence, and the mental issues associated with

a guy gets cut off in traffic..road rage ensues ..takes a tire iron to the guy who cut him off....should we ban vehicles..or tire irons

the issue is not guns...it is the mental health of americans and their tendency towards violence

Old 09-11-2019, 06:20 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
My lungs my choice..
I don't know if vaping without nicotine is dangerous or not. But smoking anything with nicotine in it is. Those who choose to do so are running up the costs of medical care which in turn runs up our healthcare costs so saying "my lungs my choice" isn't just about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies