Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2019, 07:20 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
This is 100% the truth. It was and always has been about making sure Black people were kept at arms length. Denied their rights denied their future. The irony of it, is that the "white" identity only exists because Black people exist.
It is ironic, and not ironic at the same time. It is ironic that "White identity" was a response to Blacks being around. At the same time, it was not that ironic. All one needs to do is understand why Blacks were in America to begin with. They were brought here to be the slaves, to pick the cotton and tobacco, to chop the sugar cane.

Many laws regarding racial mixing came out of slavery. Whether or not a child was free or slave depended on the status of the mother. Slave owners had plenty of access to slave women, but Black men were often kept away from White women. Consider this. Slaves were harder to get in the USA, and in 1808, it was illegal to import slaves to the USA. Slave owners needed slaves. One could get a slave child by having sex with a slave, in addition to slaves themselves producing children.

Once slavery was over, Blacks went from being valued "property" to being viewed as a competition population, a burden, a pest, basically an unwanted population. The South are where the "black codes", and "racial integrity" laws started. Why? Many looked at it as "how to we deal with such a large Black population?". 9 out of every 10 Blacks lived in the South, and this was the case up to the years the Great Migration started. And by the way, I got it mixed up. The One Drop Rule started after the end of slavery. It was about keeping Blacks away and making sure they couldn't be part of society. The truth is, it was never planned for Blacks to be part of society. When 4 million Blacks were suddenly free and citizens, alot of people weren't ready for it and didn't want Blacks to be part of American society.

Black has long been associated with "ugly", "bad", and just all things not good. For that reason, the one drop rule stands to keep anything "Black" away, even today in some cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2019, 11:32 AM

4,901 posts, read 3,363,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Wow, this is so offputting
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
You say that like it's a problem? You don't want forced association, go live in the woods. No one will bother you there.

Nah. Studies show immigrants are more likely to start businesses than native-born. Studies show immigrants are more likely to be high academic achievers (that goes for Black & Brown immigrants) than native-born. Studies show immigrants are help grow and expand economic zones ie YOU aren't opening up a laundromat in a shady area.

So yeah... immigrants CONTRIBUTE and LEAD to economic success and growth. I haven't looked at it, but I'd put $ on a high correlation between economic growth and immigration policy.

Wow... based on the you two, it looks like we found the one thing that trumps Conservative worship of profit: the glory of living out your racist utopia. That's amazing.
Ah yes, the shaming language now being rolled out

And here I thought only women deployed that tactic lmao...

Old 10-18-2019, 08:43 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Diversity has never scared me, not by any stretch of the imagination. I've never been harmed by it. What is/has been bothersome is anyone treating me poorly.

Last edited by green_mariner; 10-18-2019 at 08:51 PM..

Old 10-18-2019, 09:02 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
So, do you dispute the studies findings? If you do, just say so.
That would take an intelligent thought process. Why discuss things when you can ignore or shout down.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, here is the deal. if KenFresno and myself were ever to walk down the street. Who are people going to be more afraid of? Him, or me?
lol I love the way your thought process doesn't work, when it comes to problem solving that you see limited choices. Why would anyone be afraid of either of you? How many people here actually are fearful when they go for a walk? Crime is down, the sky isn't falling.

If you want to judge a group by skin color using facts then go ahead. It is obvious that blacks commit a much higher percentage of crime. The reason behind that is they are not raised well enough. Unless of course you see blacks as having a genetic defect?

So instead of recognizing the fact that people who are raised in a single parent family are the cause of many of the problems, the false race card players bring out their crutch to lean on and refuse to seek the truth.

If you want to fix the problem, get rid of the welfare state and stop people from being dependent on government. Able bodied people should be working, not having excuses made for them like they are children. Treat people like children and they will act like children.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It is ironic, and not ironic at the same time. It is ironic that "White identity" was a response to Blacks being around. At the same time, it was not that ironic. All one needs to do is understand why Blacks were in America to begin with. They were brought here to be the slaves, to pick the cotton and tobacco, to chop the sugar cane.

Many laws regarding racial mixing came out of slavery. Whether or not a child was free or slave depended on the status of the mother. Slave owners had plenty of access to slave women, but Black men were often kept away from White women. Consider this. Slaves were harder to get in the USA, and in 1808, it was illegal to import slaves to the USA. Slave owners needed slaves. One could get a slave child by having sex with a slave, in addition to slaves themselves producing children.

Once slavery was over, Blacks went from being valued "property" to being viewed as a competition population, a burden, a pest, basically an unwanted population. The South are where the "black codes", and "racial integrity" laws started. Why? Many looked at it as "how to we deal with such a large Black population?". 9 out of every 10 Blacks lived in the South, and this was the case up to the years the Great Migration started. And by the way, I got it mixed up. The One Drop Rule started after the end of slavery. It was about keeping Blacks away and making sure they couldn't be part of society. The truth is, it was never planned for Blacks to be part of society. When 4 million Blacks were suddenly free and citizens, alot of people weren't ready for it and didn't want Blacks to be part of American society.

Black has long been associated with "ugly", "bad", and just all things not good. For that reason, the one drop rule stands to keep anything "Black" away, even today in some cases.
If blacks were viewed as pests why don't you explain to everyone here why the black unemployment rate was more often than not similar to or lower than white unemployment up until the 1930s? But to be clear the black UE rate was only low in the South. Explain that to me please.

So what's stopping people from succeeding now? I believe all those who were around in the slave days have died?
70% of all black children are raised in a single parent family. When you quit on family, you quit on society. Government is not society.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:23 PM

8,341 posts, read 2,967,739 times
Quote:
You have to be joking, most people I know get along just fine with people of other ethnicities and races. Where do you live that you come to your erroneous conclusion?
Most people from each and every race prefer to associate with those of their own race and there’s nothing that people that think like you do can do about it. It’s natural healthy behavior.

Old 10-19-2019, 01:46 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Most people from each and every race prefer to associate with those of their own race and there’s nothing that people that think like you do can do about it. It’s natural healthy behavior.
No it isn't. Maybe it was in 1950, but this is almost 2020. Education and information have come along way since then. And I hold the same standard for all ethnicities. For example I consider Spike Lee a racist (against whites), so it's not just the anti-white trope you guys and gals like to harp on

My point being "wanting to associate with your own" means you see people not of your race/ethnicity as different, which is the definition of prejudice. People are people to me, and it should be like that for everyone ideally

Old 10-19-2019, 03:52 AM

Quote:
No it isn't. Maybe it was in 1950, but this is almost 2020. Education and information have come along way since then. And I hold the same standard for all ethnicities. For example I consider Spike Lee a racist (against whites), so it's not just the anti-white trope you guys and gals like to harp on

My point being "wanting to associate with your own" means you see people not of your race/ethnicity as different, which is the definition of prejudice. People are people to me, and it should be like that for everyone ideally
I htink you have confused preferences with bias or prejudice. Or maybe you thought too much into it? I hang around and talk with mostly males, doesn't mean I hate females. If I only talked and associated with males then you'd have something.

Old 10-19-2019, 08:14 AM

8,341 posts, read 2,967,739 times
Quote:

Most people live around those of their own race. They prefer that. Been that way since the beginning. Doesn’t matter what you think. But you are not like the majority. You sound like a racist. You don’t appreciate each and every race and what most of them desire. You’re telling them they are wrong. Educate yourself. Come out of that box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies