Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2019, 08:40 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
People of your ethnic background are essentially your extended, distant family. If you look at places with stong ethnic cohesion like Norway or Japan they have FAR greater public trust numbers than the US or Brazil. This is why I fear that the US is headed towards balkanization, where the entire country is segregated based on race/ethnicity similar to NYC. Ironically this is counter productive to any sort of collectivism that the left wants. These communities aren’t going to want to share or work with each other, they’re always going to be blaming each other for the countries problems.
If you go back far enough, all humans are related. I know that's not what some people want to think about but its true. But this claim about "collectivism that the left wants" WTH is that even supposed to mean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2019, 09:03 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
People of your ethnic background are essentially your extended, distant family. If you look at places with stong ethnic cohesion like Norway or Japan they have FAR greater public trust numbers than the US or Brazil. This is why I fear that the US is headed towards balkanization, where the entire country is segregated based on race/ethnicity similar to NYC. Ironically this is counter productive to any sort of collectivism that the left wants. These communities aren’t going to want to share or work with each other, they’re always going to be blaming each other for the countries problems.
That is why "they" are pushing race/ethnicity mixing so hard. We will have no real ethnic culture or race, and have only the government and big tech for our identity. Maybe balkanization segregated by iPhone and Android users.

Of course there would be class wars/ Brazil.

We probably should not be messing with forced or pressured diversity, things can only get worse.

Old 10-11-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That is why "they" are pushing race/ethnicity mixing so hard. We will have no real ethnic culture or race, and have only the government and big tech for our identity. Maybe balkanization segregated by iPhone and Android users.

We probably should not be messing with forced or pressured diversity, things can only get worse.
Who is pushing race mixing? That doesn't even make sense. There are no laws that I know of forcing you to live in a mixed neighborhood, but creating exclusionary laws to keep the "others" out is not permitted. And I'm not sure why some people think they are so "pure", over time our "purity" has been tainted by invasions, immigration, etc. I'm "pure" French and Scandinavian, but my DNA shows that I'm part east asian. Have your DNA tested and get back to me

Old 10-11-2019, 09:18 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
If you go back far enough, all humans are related. I know that's not what some people want to think about but its true. But this claim about "collectivism that the left wants" WTH is that even supposed to mean
Collectivism = communism.

Quote:

Yes, this is the goal of the globalists:

One world/one race/one government/one religion.

Complete control over the serfs around the world. Liberals are generally too unintelligent to see this (or they flat out lie about the fact that that's what they want.)

Old 10-11-2019, 09:19 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Completely ignoring the study in the OP and just talking about the human aspect of this, it's sad how many conservative types celebrate and cheer anti-diversity.

Old 10-11-2019, 09:22 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Ethnic/racial homogeneity and social trust could be correlated, and sometimes it's not. A poll done by Pew Research revealed something, and I'll take the L for it this time. African-Americans are the least trusting of any ethnic group. According to the poll, 61% of Blacks (a significant majority) have a low level of social trust for others. And considering that many Blacks live in predominantly Black areas (not all of them though), it should stand to show that living in a homogeneous place does not guarantee social trust.

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2007...where-and-why/

It also should be considered that places that are the least trusting are large cities. Low income areas have lower levels of trust than higher income areas.

Old 10-11-2019, 09:37 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
And sometimes people of your own ethnic background can do horrible things to you. You could always get hurt by your own family. And homogeneity doesn't guarantee social trust. Look at Haiti. Very homogeneous place and yet that country has had some much instability for years. In some cases people fought among themselves.

Haiti after the earthquake. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-q...60B5IZ20100116

Old 10-11-2019, 09:42 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Who is pushing race mixing? That doesn't even make sense. There are no laws that I know of forcing you to live in a mixed neighborhood, but creating exclusionary laws to keep the "others" out is not permitted. And I'm not sure why some people think they are so "pure", over time our "purity" has been tainted by invasions, immigration, etc. I'm "pure" French and Scandinavian, but my DNA shows that I'm part east asian. Have your DNA tested and get back to me
Who cares what our existing DNA consists of? We are a bunch of mutts, that should be good enough. How great is it when some of that oddball DNA is due to our ancestors having been brutally invaded and raped. Yet it would seem some of us are not mutty enough. We are still stubbornly segregating, and YES that is a problem for the left, as they are open about it.

We are talking about a current culture in which young people are encouraged to hate their own race and their neighbor of the same race. And encouraged to prefer another. That is not natural. An 18 year old college girl posting "I hate white men" - this is not a natural occurrence. This brainwashing has happened to even mature people, those without an internal compass who all of a sudden hate a certain segment of people, because of left wing propaganda and a terrible plan of "soft" genocide.

Old 10-11-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Collectivism = communism.
Yes, this is the goal of the globalists:
One world/one race/one government/one religion.
Complete control over the serfs around the world. Liberals are generally too unintelligent to see this (or they flat out lie about the fact that that's what they want.)
Quote:
One world/one race/one government/one religion
Liberals want "one race"? How can you make that claim and simultaneously support segregation?

Collectivism =/= Communism. Collectivist cultures put the goals of work and family ahead of individual goals, Japan, China and Korea are collectivist societies. Please note that neither Japan nor South Korea are communist countries.

Quote:
Collectivistic cultures emphasize the needs and goals of the group as a whole over the needs and desires of each individual. In such cultures, relationships with other members of the group and the interconnectedness between people play a central role in each person's identity. Cultures in Asia, Central America, South America, and Africa tend to be more collectivistic. https://www.verywellmind.com/what-ar...ltures-2794962
Since you don't seem to understand collectivism you probably shouldn't call other people unintelligent.

Old 10-11-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Who cares what our existing DNA consists of? We are a bunch of mutts, that should be good enough. How great is it when some of that oddball DNA is due to our ancestors having been brutally invaded and raped. Yet it would seem some of us are not mutty enough. We are still stubbornly segregating, and YES that is a problem for the left, as they are open about it.

We are talking about a current culture in which young people are encouraged to hate their own race and their neighbor of the same race. And encouraged to prefer another. That is not natural. An 18 year old college girl posting "I hate white men" - this is not a natural occurrence. This brainwashing has happened to even mature people, those without an internal compass who all of a sudden hate a certain segment of people, because of left wing propaganda and a terrible plan of "soft" genocide.
what the heck are you talking about some college girl posting "I hate white men", was she white and a spokesperson for all other college girls?

And since when do liberals support segregation? It was a Republican president who decided that Muslims shouldn't be allowed entry into the US and claimed he wants more Norwegians to immigrate here instead of people from $hithole countries occupied by black and brown people

I swear sometimes I read posts here and think I must be in upside down world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies