Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2019, 10:31 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Who cares what our existing DNA consists of? We are a bunch of mutts, that should be good enough. How great is it when some of that oddball DNA is due to our ancestors having been brutally invaded and raped. Yet it would seem some of us are not mutty enough. We are still stubbornly segregating, and YES that is a problem for the left, as they are open about it.

We are talking about a current culture in which young people are encouraged to hate their own race and their neighbor of the same race. And encouraged to prefer another. That is not natural. An 18 year old college girl posting "I hate white men" - this is not a natural occurrence. This brainwashing has happened to even mature people, those without an internal compass who all of a sudden hate a certain segment of people, because of left wing propaganda and a terrible plan of "soft" genocide.
This is not just a left wing issue. On the flip side, there are Black people who hate other Black people. And it's mainly right-wing Blacks who hate Black people. It is mainly right-wing Black women who speak so poorly of Black men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2019, 10:53 AM

2,594 posts, read 1,243,258 times
Quote:
We are talking about a current culture in which young people are encouraged to hate their own race and their neighbor of the same race. And encouraged to prefer another. That is not natural. An 18 year old college girl posting "I hate white men" - this is not a natural occurrence. This brainwashing has happened to even mature people, those without an internal compass who all of a sudden hate a certain segment of people, because of left wing propaganda and a terrible plan of "soft" genocide.
The concept of thinking you belong to a specific "race" isn't natural either. Its made up nonsense from the 19th century. Young people don't hate their own "race" they are just beginning to realize that the American notions of "race" are absurd and pointless. Anchoring your identity in being "white" is rather sad, since its not much of identity. It says very little about a person.

Old 10-11-2019, 10:58 AM

4,903 posts, read 3,364,522 times
Quote:
That is why "they" are pushing race/ethnicity mixing so hard. We will have no real ethnic culture or race, and have only the government and big tech for our identity. Maybe balkanization segregated by iPhone and Android users.

Of course there would be class wars/ Brazil.

We probably should not be messing with forced or pressured diversity, things can only get worse.
To be ruled by over by a PURE race of the "chosen" ones...

As was predicated by the Kalergi plan.

Old 10-11-2019, 11:35 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,094,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
what the heck are you talking about some college girl posting "I hate white men", was she white and a spokesperson for all other college girls?

And since when do liberals support segregation? It was a Republican president who decided that Muslims shouldn't be allowed entry into the US and claimed he wants more Norwegians to immigrate here instead of people from $hithole countries occupied by black and brown people

I swear sometimes I read posts here and think I must be in upside down world
I think this is sort of the cr-p that poster was referring to. It's now sort of cool to feel guilty about your whiteness. Really sick stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0q2ZR4nBuE

When a flaming liberal like Maher calls it out, you know it's completely out of contrl.

Old 10-11-2019, 12:02 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
The concept of thinking you belong to a specific "race" isn't natural either. Its made up nonsense from the 19th century. Young people don't hate their own "race" they are just beginning to realize that the American notions of "race" are absurd and pointless. Anchoring your identity in being "white" is rather sad, since its not much of identity. It says very little about a person.
This is what I've observed. You can say "I don't belong to this race or this ethnicity". Society will not let you go on that. Society will judge you based on what you look like, and make an assessment that way. I can call myself "White" all day (and I do have a bit of Irish and French ancestry). However, I'm very dark. I look like a Black man, I have mostly African ancestry. I don't get to say that I'm White because I look nowhere near it. People are going to see me and think "that's a Black man".

No, I don't think being Black should be the entirety of my identity. However, 50% of what judgement people make is based on how you look.

I think about Stacey Dash. She got arrested for assaulting her husband. She's made it well know that she doesn't like Black people, despite being half Black. When she got arrested, she put "White" as her race. Knowing what we know about Dash, knowing what she looks like, no one is going to look at her and think "White".

Now, using race as a measure for being American is very ridiculous and stupid. The American notion of what race is, it isn't the same as in other places. In America, Mariah Carey is considered Black. In Venezuela, where her father is from, no one would call her Black. Hugo Chavez has partial Black ancestry, but he would never be called Black in Venezuela. In America, however, that's definitely the case. In Haiti, "colored" was a term reserved for those of mixed Black and French ancestry. In America, it referred to any person with ANY Black ancestry.

Old 10-11-2019, 12:23 PM

8,343 posts, read 2,970,216 times
Quote:
To "prefer to live among people like yourself", no that's just prejudice; but when you have the power to deny people who are not like you from living where they choose, that's racism. Prejudice + Power =Racism
Hahaha.......ssdd. Nobody is denying anyone from living anywhere.

Old 10-11-2019, 12:30 PM

19,655 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
what the heck are you talking about some college girl posting "I hate white men", was she white and a spokesperson for all other college girls?

And since when do liberals support segregation? It was a Republican president who decided that Muslims shouldn't be allowed entry into the US and claimed he wants more Norwegians to immigrate here instead of people from $hithole countries occupied by black and brown people

Reading comprehension. "We are still stubbornly segregating, and YES that is a problem for the left, as they are open about it." The left is against segregation. (Of course NIMBY).

I have no problem with strict qualifications for immigration, like Canada.

Old 10-11-2019, 12:45 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,186,114 times
Quote:

Not much benefit in bringing people to a country they do not want to be a part of. Too bad it was ignored some 400 years ago, and that lesson still has not been learned.

No real reason for more Norwegians to immigrate either, but they would at least share a common culture with the majority in power, unlike someone black or brown.

Old 10-11-2019, 12:49 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,623,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Not much benefit in bringing people to a country they do not want to be a part of. Too bad it was ignored some 400 years ago, and that lesson still has not been learned.

No real reason for more Norwegians to immigrate either, but they would at least share a common culture with the majority in power, unlike someone black or brown.
Wow, this is so offputting

Old 10-11-2019, 12:51 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,077,463 times
So the study doesn't really support the OP's conclusion. The "negative" in question is not due to diversity, but the fact that there are so many people who, when having little to no previous exposure to diversity, tend to overreact to it. As with so much, the first reaction to change or difference in humanity is to be fearful of it. This sounds more like a problem with ignorance than it does with diversity. Plenty of studies have shown that the longer diversity exists and the more exposure people have with it, the less bias against it. Cities, the primary centers of culture, education, jobs and higher standards of living, are also the most diverse. In the US, people are abandoning rural areas for a reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies