Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2019, 08:19 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Most people from each and every race prefer to associate with those of their own race and there’s nothing that people that think like you do can do about it. It’s natural healthy behavior.
I don't seek out friends based on race, but rather common interests. So it might be a good idea to speak for yourself rather than make sweeping generalizations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2019, 09:17 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Most people live around those of their own race. They prefer that. Been that way since the beginning. Doesn’t matter what you think. But you are not like the majority. You sound like a racist. You don’t appreciate each and every race and what most of them desire. You’re telling them they are wrong. Educate yourself. Come out of that box.
Lol, I sound like a racist? That's hilarious. I love the "whomever smelt it dealt it" defense.

And no, we have people of every ethnicity pretty much just living in my apartment building, and we all get along perfectly. We don't all "seek out our own". I consider people who "seek out their own" to be at least prejudiced. As they will purposely avoid people who are different, because of their differences. If people are going to "seek out their own", it's a lot better in my mind if they do it by economic class rather than by ethnicity/race. That's the thing. My building is expensive for the area, so everyone here is middle to upper middle class. That's how I see them, not by them being white or black or Asian or hindu etc etc

Old 10-19-2019, 09:27 AM

8,343 posts, read 2,969,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I don't seek out friends based on race, but rather common interests. So it might be a good idea to speak for yourself rather than make sweeping generalizations.
I stated a fact. Most people of every race prefer to live around their people. They prefer to be led by one of their own. They go to church and other functions with mostly people of their own race. Most marry within their own race. Those aren’t my sweeping generalizations. They are simply facts. That shouldn’t bother you just as it shouldn’t bother them that some people don’t prefer to be mostly around those of their own race.

Old 10-19-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I stated a fact. Most people of every race prefer to live around their people. They prefer to be led by one of their own. They go to church and other functions with mostly people of their own race. Most marry within their own race. Those aren’t my sweeping generalizations. They are simply facts. That shouldn’t bother you just as it shouldn’t bother them that some people don’t prefer to be mostly around those of their own race.
I disagree with you. As was already stated in this thread, most people choose where to live on on the basis of economic class and education. I would choose a mixed neighborhood of mostly college graduates before I would live in a run down area or trailer park occupied solely by white folk. It doesn't bother me at all that you want to live in whiteyville, it just surprises me because well, it's something that hasn't been a big deal for most people since the 50's.

Old 10-19-2019, 09:53 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Interracial relationships and marriages are on the rise, blows a hole through one of your points. I'm in an interracial relationship myself

Old 10-20-2019, 07:52 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Lol, I sound like a racist? That's hilarious. I love the "whomever smelt it dealt it" defense.

And no, we have people of every ethnicity pretty much just living in my apartment building, and we all get along perfectly. We don't all "seek out our own". I consider people who "seek out their own" to be at least prejudiced. As they will purposely avoid people who are different, because of their differences. If people are going to "seek out their own", it's a lot better in my mind if they do it by economic class rather than by ethnicity/race. That's the thing. My building is expensive for the area, so everyone here is middle to upper middle class. That's how I see them, not by them being white or black or Asian or hindu etc etc
Maybe th Left wasn't so full of hatred, and so divisive, and didn't weaponize "diversity" at every chance they got and condemned all "old white men" (all Anglos) as bad, you people wouldn't receive so much resistance.

You made this bed...now deal with the consequences of the hatred the Left has sewed and sleep in it.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Maybe th Left wasn't so full of hatred, and so divisive, and didn't weaponize "diversity" at every chance they got and condemned all "old white men" (all Anglos) as bad, you people wouldn't receive so much resistance.

You made this bed...now deal with the consequences of the hatred the Left has sewed and sleep in it.
Wow..talk about self pity

Old 10-20-2019, 08:04 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,451,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
No it isn't. Maybe it was in 1950, but this is almost 2020. Education and information have come along way since then. And I hold the same standard for all ethnicities. For example I consider Spike Lee a racist (against whites), so it's not just the anti-white trope you guys and gals like to harp on

My point being "wanting to associate with your own" means you see people not of your race/ethnicity as different, which is the definition of prejudice. People are people to me, and it should be like that for everyone ideally
Yes it is. Put 100 people who don't know each other in a cafeteria and see how they distribute themselves.

Old 10-20-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Yes it is. Put 100 people who don't know each other in a cafeteria and see how they distribute themselves.
I don't think you can predict that unless you know more about the cafeteria and where it is. My guess is that people in the Google or Apple employee cafeteria would distribute themselves differently than at a Golden Corral in Alabama.

Old 10-20-2019, 08:20 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Wow..talk about self pity
It's the truth. The Left is the most viscous, hate-filled side of scoundrels this country has ever known.

'White Male Bashing Trend is Dangerous - USA Today

Why the Left Is Consumed With Hate - WSJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies