Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2019, 01:40 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,249,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Again, which Arab country had received more than Israel over the years?

There isn’t any. Claiming that during certain years an Arab country received more does not change the fact that Israel overall receives the most aid.

Who said anything about Jews being disloyal? You’re failing miserably here.

You’re showing your hypocrisy. Don’t think I don’t see you playing oppression Olympics with the African-Americans on here.

It’s amusing.
That's a foolish baseline, but one that I find people who are intent on singling out Israel for questionable attacks often resort to.

Indeed, while Israel may have received the most (and may have . . . I am not sure if this is even true) aid of any country over the years (let's assume its true for the sake of argument, although Iraq and Afghanistan have each received more in US aid than Israel for many years now and through today: https://howmuch.net/articles/usa-foreign-aid-by-country), the aid to Israel represents a tiny fraction of the total foreign aid provided by the US taxpayer. Thus, others and I are bewildered and right to question the true motivations of people who spend time picking on Israel for this issue. If you're truly concerned about aid being given to Israel and not to American citizens, it really shouldn't matter what country the aid is going to. This is especially true given that eliminating annual $3 billion in aid given to Israel would still leave well over $25 billion in foreign aid flowing to other countries. But you don't seem to care about that because Israel has received the most "over the years?" How in the world does that calculus change the reality on the ground for Americans?

Last edited by prospectheightsresident; 10-27-2019 at 01:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 01:47 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
1. Beauty standards are a thing of great importance. Mainstream beauty standards have always determined what is physically attractive and what is not. Just recently, natural-textured (black African type "4A-B-C") hair became acceptable in the workplace. Hair is still the main issue that separates black people - especially black women - from everyone else.

2. Poor health is much more prevalent among blacks in the U.S. as well as in Africa and it has just a little to do with poverty. It has more to do with behavior and the day to day choices in lifestyles as well as internal beliefs.

3. Jay-Z is not scientist nor an architect. We live in a world where technological/intellectual know-how rules the day. Having smarts just isn't as well-rewarded in this world as intellectual strength. Not many like him are interested in becoming more like Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Satya Nadella, or anyone with a STEM background. Those are the people every other race strives to be. How many like him take interest and strive to become qualified in those fields?
Actually poor health in Africa is MOSTLY related to poverty. Malaria is still a big killer in Africa and not getting the medication in time or at all is the cause of many deaths out in the bush.

If you want people to strive towards something or to be successful at something, you let them see images of people like them doing that. You don't see as many images of black people doing such things because for the last 300 years, around the globe, blacks have been prevented from achieving such things. Blacks gravitate towards things that they see black people being successful at....which is sports and entertainment. Doors opened up for blacks in sports and entertainment, sooner and wider than in other areas of interest. Also, sports and entertainment has a higher profile in that its televised. Thus, sports and entertainment on TV creates a strong pull to emulate for your black males especially.

In time, just like with distance runners, you will see blacks start taking interest and reaching the pinnacle of such areas as well. Just like with distance runners, it will probably be Africans.....Nigerians is my bet.

I will agree with Katy on this one....you definitely come across sounding like a racist.

Old 10-27-2019, 02:14 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You do know that translates to racist Republicans....don’t you?
No it's not, that's just something you made up and have no proof.

Quote:
You are just saying that they are not as racist as when most whites in the south were democrats. in other words, the current racist are Republican...just “racism light” though.....lol.
No I'm not that's just something you made up and have no proof. You think people will actually believe this?....lol

Quote:
I agree with that. Racism is not as bad as it used to be, but the party of current racism is the Republican Party.
That's just something you made up and have no proof. Go ahead and name a racist republican policy. You won't you'll just ignore that question and make something else up like you did in the absurd post I'm quoting.

Old 10-27-2019, 02:17 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
That's a foolish baseline, but one that I find people who are intent on singling out Israel for questionable attacks often resort to.

Indeed, while Israel may have received the most (and may have . . . I am not sure if this is even true) aid of any country over the years (let's assume its true for the sake of argument, although Iraq and Afghanistan have each received more in US aid than Israel for many years now and through today: https://howmuch.net/articles/usa-foreign-aid-by-country), the aid to Israel represents a tiny fraction of the total foreign aid provided by the US taxpayer. Thus, others and I are bewildered and right to question the true motivations of people who spend time picking on Israel for this issue. If you're truly concerned about aid being given to Israel and not to American citizens, it really shouldn't matter what country the aid is going to. This is especially true given that eliminating annual $3 billion in aid given to Israel would still leave well over $25 billion in foreign aid flowing to other countries. But you don't seem to care about that because Israel has received the most "over the years?" How in the world does that calculus change the reality on the ground for Americans?
So I’m still waiting for answer to the question.

Also interesting that this is one question is so problematic to you (not sure why) but the blatant insults to African nations in this thread were just fine.

Spare me the false outrage.

Old 10-27-2019, 02:20 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,185,760 times
Quote:
Actually poor health in Africa is MOSTLY related to poverty. Malaria is still a big killer in Africa and not getting the medication in time or at all is the cause of many deaths out in the bush.

If you want people to strive towards something or to be successful at something, you let them see images of people like them doing that. You don't see as many images of black people doing such things because for the last 300 years, around the globe, blacks have been prevented from achieving such things. Blacks gravitate towards things that they see black people being successful at....which is sports and entertainment. Doors opened up for blacks in sports and entertainment, sooner and wider than in other areas of interest. Also, sports and entertainment has a higher profile in that its televised. Thus, sports and entertainment on TV creates a strong pull to emulate for your black males especially.

In time, just like with distance runners, you will see blacks start taking interest and reaching the pinnacle of such areas as well. Just like with distance runners, it will probably be Africans.....Nigerians is my bet.

I will agree with Katy on this one....you definitely come across sounding like a racist.
No. Images do not make a difference if one is not internally motivated. You cannot force people to be interested in things they just are not interested in. And still can't deny that being the right fit in any career means more than just being qualified. It takes a whole long list of positives, such the right social aptitude, the right temperament, the right look as well.

I still have to disagree with poor health being related to poverty. There are many other illnesses running rampant in Africa and U.S. inner cities as well because of behavior and lifestyle choice.

Blacks are not prevented from achieving in other areas, many are just not genuinely motivated in STEM fields. Sports and entertainment are the main fields of interest. Why? Indeed, much of this has to do with the need to see blacks (and for them to see each other) as showpieces to be conveniently put away when no longer needed. But then there aren't all that many black people capable of achieving success in sports or entertainment either. If that were true, wouldn't be so many living in poverty.

Last edited by aileesic; 10-27-2019 at 02:30 PM..

Old 10-27-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
So I'm still waiting for you to stop attacking the only Jewish state while hypocritically and self servinngly ignoring the many other countries receiving more than than Israel, both in total and the two Muslim countries that have been receiving more money than Israel each for a number if years now.

Of course, the onus is on you. You have claimed that Israel received more money over the years than any Arab country, which is why you single them out. Where is YOUR proof of that?

Old 10-27-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:

Also interesting that this is one question is so problematic to you (not sure why) but the blatant insults to African nations in this thread were just fine.

Spare me the false outrage.
The insults to African nations are condemned by me (see, that's not so hard). Are you willing to condemn and criticize the many billions of aid that go to countries other than Israel each year? Or will you continue to single out the Jewish state?

Old 10-27-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
So I'm still waiting for you to stop attacking the only Jewish state while hypocritically and self servinngly ignoring the many other countries receiving more than than Israel, both in total and the two Muslim countries that have been receiving more money than Israel each for a number if years now.

Of course, the onus is on you. You have claimed that Israel received more money over the years than any Arab country, which is why you single them out. Where is YOUR proof of that?
Point out where I attacked Israel. You’re the one who has a problem with the truth. Since you’re going to act ignorant, which in fact you are, I will provide the information.

Quote:
Israel is the largest cumulative recipient of U.S. foreign assistance since World War II. To date, the United States has provided Israel $142.3 billion (current, or noninflation-adjusted, dollars) in bilateral assistance and missile defense funding. Almost all U.S. bilateral aid to Israel is in the form of military assistance, although from 1971 to 2007 Israel also received significant economic assistance.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf

Old 10-27-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
The insults to African nations are condemned by me (see, that's not so hard). Are you willing to condemn and criticize the many billions of aid that go to countries other than Israel each year? Or will you continue to single out the Jewish state?
Go back and read my statements about foreign aid and stop your nonsense.

Old 10-27-2019, 02:32 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That’s racist in my opinion. There are beautiful black people, and ugly black people, just as there are beautiful white people and ugly white people. Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.

The health issues are from poverty and not eating healthy foods, and that affects people of all races. And intellect is affected by outside forces like poverty. I know black people that are plenty smart even if they aren’t intellectuals. Look at people like Jay-Z who went from drug dealer to rapper to billionaire businessman because he’s got good business instincts.
And his lyrics are so beautiful and inspiring! Won't quote them here, but you can check out the sheer poetry as he waxes lyrical on "b*tches and hoes!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies