Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 11:16 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The former is worse. This law doesn't say teach religion or make religion the right answer, just to not grade down on that basis alone.
It's the same thing.

If you want to teach that biology doesn't exist ... you have to let all ride.

LGBT opened the door to this.

Old 11-15-2019, 11:20 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It's the same thing.

Yeah I get what your saying and agree, LGBT and other leftist pseudo-religious ideas being taught are analogous to forcing creationism to be taught. I'm just saying this law isn't even doing that, it's just stating religion is a protected class, yet the leftist pseudo-religious still hypocritically complain.

Old 11-15-2019, 11:28 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
IMHO religion just likes keeping people dumb so they don't question anything. Similar to what the flat earth society believes is a reason to make the earth is round.

Old 11-15-2019, 11:31 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What observations? A bird's beak? That doesn't prove that a species "evolved" into another species. The birds weren't cats before, they've always been birds.

Please point out where we have seen one species turn into another species?

For those who keep blabbering on about how science works, they should understand the simple fact that it must be observable AND repeatable.
one example:

Quote:
For example, there were the two new species of American goatsbeards (or salsifies, genus Tragopogon) that sprung into existence in the past century. In the early 1900s, three species of these wildflowers - the western salsify (T. dubius), the meadow salsify (T. pratensis), and the oyster plant (T. porrifolius) - were introduced to the United States from Europe. As their populations expanded, the species interacted, often producing sterile hybrids. But by the 1950s, scientists realized that there were two new variations of goatsbeard growing. While they looked like hybrids, they weren't sterile. They were perfectly capable of reproducing with their own kind but not with any of the original three species - the classic definition of a new species.
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...-observations/

Old 11-15-2019, 11:41 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
It's the same thing.

The creation/evolution controversy goes back long, long before gay rights were in the public consciousness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scopes_Trial

Old 11-15-2019, 11:46 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
How did you possibly come to that conclusion (or should I say delusion)?
Simple.

State says education is compulsory. Applied at gunpoint.

State says taxation for said schools is compulsory. Applied at gunpoint.

State then formulates curriculum. Applied at gunpoint.

Why in the world is any moral and logical person going to entertain beefs by the peasants on curriculum if the complainer supports the first two paradigms?

End compulsory education laws. End their funding via armed robbery. Teach your child through private schools, home school, or no school. It's not anyone's responsibility but the parent to determine curriculum.

But neither team will do that. They like the armed robbery. They like the forced association. They like the indoctrination.

It's what good little Marxists do.

Old 11-15-2019, 12:19 PM

15,848 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Yet another attempt to placate the Creationism Club. It'll probably end up in court over separation of church and state. The Bible itself is full of self-contradictions, so this is a teaching nightmare waiting to happen.

Student: the Earth has four corners; it says so in the Bible.

Ohio teacher: you pass.

Old 11-15-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The creation/evolution controversy goes back long, long before gay rights were in the public consciousness.
Absolutely. And religion was subsequently banned from schools.

HOWEVER: LGBT anti-science rhetoric being included in school curriculums has opened the doors for other groups to push their own anti-science rhetoric into the classroom.

Congratulations!!! You "won!!!" /faceplant/

PS. I don't consider it a "gay right" to FORCE biology teachers to say 'girls can be boys' and 'boys can be girls.' YMMV.

Old 11-15-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Yet another attempt to placate the Creationism Club. It'll probably end up in court over separation of church and state. The Bible itself is full of self-contradictions, so this is a teaching nightmare waiting to happen.

Student: the Earth has four corners; it says so in the Bible.

Ohio teacher: you pass.
Student: I have a penis so I'm a girl. I can also get pregnant and need tampons.

Biology teacher: you pass.

Old 11-15-2019, 12:34 PM

15,848 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Quote:
Student: I have a penis so I'm a girl. I can also get pregnant and need tampons.

Biology teacher: you pass.
Biologically that is called a hermaphrodite, and it does happen. Usually though the person is infertile.

https://www.nature.com/articles/3880645
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies