Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2019, 06:46 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Hate to break it to you but how many more would have died if people didn't have guns to stop him? Grow up.
I have not read or seen any coverage stating that anyone who was armed (other than the gunman) was killed. Thank goodness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 06:46 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Hate to break it to you but how many more would have died if people didn't have guns to stop him? Grow up.
Texas is the wild west. Not safe anywhere: shopping, church, riding in a car, ....

Old 12-29-2019, 06:47 PM

2,188 posts, read 1,383,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
The bottom line is people fall way short of the teachings of the Bible or the manage to interpret it in a way that is self serving.
This is false in this case and you are the one being obtuse with your false interpretation. Obviously, justified killing is a concept present throughout the Bible, from Joshua, to David, to the end of times when Jesus will kill the Antichrist. The 6th commandment correct translation is "Thou shall not murder".

Old 12-29-2019, 06:48 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I have not read or seen any coverage stating that anyone who was armed (other than the gunman) was killed. Thank goodness.
Here:

Suspect shoots and kills 2 inside a Texas church before parishioners fatally shoot him

Old 12-29-2019, 06:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
And they end up just like the shooter did. It's not that you can't "mess with Texas", it's that it's not easy to do and there are quite often serious consequences if you manage.

Most places, that same guy takes out at least half a dozen people and creates a video of him having his way with defenseless victims. In this instance, he just got himself killed in 2 seconds and his video will serve as a warning to others who might try similar things.
No truth to that. Think I forgot about El Paso Walmart? Think I forgot Luby’s in Killeen? Think I forgot about the Wedgewood Church shooting? Think I forgot about Santa Fe High School shooting? Think I forgot about the Midland-Odessa shooting??

Staaaahp. Texas or Texans are no tougher than anywhere else. When put to the test, Texas folds like a cheap Harbor Freight ladder every time. I’m not buying what you’re attempting to sell here. Texas is just as easy to hit as any other state. And the consequences are no worse than they are anywhere else.

Texas is a soft target, and we both know it.

Old 12-29-2019, 06:49 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,092,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Without the second amendment, there would be no 1st.
110% wrong. Without the First, Forth, and Fifth Amendments, there would be no Second Amendment. They would just bust into your house and take your guns away, and if necessary kill you in the process, and you wouldn't even have a right to protest it.

Old 12-29-2019, 06:50 PM

2,188 posts, read 1,383,948 times
Maybe you should read what Kathryn wrote again.

Old 12-29-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Texas is the wild west. Not safe anywhere: shopping, church, riding in a car, ....
I know you're just trying to be provocative but maybe since you believe this, you'll avoid Texas altogether and it will be a win win for everyone!

Seriously though - per capita, Texas crime and the murder rate and all that are very average. Sorry but that's just the truth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firear...tates_by_state

And actually, though Texas ranks #18 when it comes to gun ownership per capita, it ranks #27 in firearm death rates. Hmmmm....
https://www.thoughtco.com/gun-owners...ations-3325153

Old 12-29-2019, 06:54 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
People are armed, because no area is safe.

I live in Ct. I wish Lanza had been murdered before he executed 20 kids and 6 adults at Sandy hook Elementary School in a town that would fit a Norman Rockwell painting.

I fully understand why people are recognizing they are their own first responders. It will be several minutes before a single LEO can arrive. Dozens would have died today if the heroes at this church waited for the LEOs to arrive.

Old 12-29-2019, 06:54 PM

Right. I've read that several times. Nowhere do I see where it says anyone who was armed, other than the gunman, was injured or killed.

Can you please quote the section you're referring to? Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies