Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2019, 07:07 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Jojajn - from your post #151:

Quote:
I have not read or seen any coverage stating that anyone who was armed (other than the gunman) was killed. Thank goodness.

(And this is your response
Here:

Suspect shoots and kills 2 inside a Texas church before parishioners fatally shoot him
How do you know who was, or was not killed? How do you know those killed did not have guns? Why would you add, "Thank goodness" for the armed supposedly not getting killed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 07:10 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No truth to that. Think I forgot about El Paso Walmart? Think I forgot Luby’s in Killeen? Think I forgot about the Wedgewood Church shooting? Think I forgot about Santa Fe High School shooting? Think I forgot about the Midland-Odessa shooting??

Staaaahp. Texas or Texans are no tougher than anywhere else. When put to the test, Texas folds like a cheap Harbor Freight ladder every time. I’m not buying what you’re attempting to sell here. Texas is just as easy to hit as any other state. And the consequences are no worse than they are anywhere else.

Texas is a soft target, and we both know it.
Never said they were "tougher", I said they were better shots and more likely to be armed. That means that they are more likely to kill a would be mass shooter before they do much damage and it also means that they are more likely to be more effective mass shooters.

Most of the situations you list happened in "gun free zones", which are soft targets no matter where they happen. In fact, handguns were potentially illegal to carry in churches until earlier this year when the law was changed....a move that current Democrat front runner Joe Biden called "irrational"

Fortunately, no one cares what Biden thinks and there were multiple people carrying in that church so that the gunman only had 2 seconds to live once he opened fire. Had Biden had his way, the gunman would have easily killed many more while everyone waited on the cops to arrive.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:13 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,082,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Never said they were "tougher", I said they were better shots and more likely to be armed. That means that they are more likely to kill a would be mass shooter before they do much damage and it also means that they are more likely to be more effective mass shooters.

Most of the situations you list happened in "gun free zones", which are soft targets no matter where they happen. In fact, handguns were potentially illegal to carry in churches until earlier this year when the law was changed....a move that current Democrat front runner Joe Biden called "irrational"

Fortunately, no one cares what Biden thinks and there were multiple people carrying in that church so that the gunman only had 2 seconds to live once he opened fire. Had Biden had his way, the gunman would have easily killed many more while everyone waited on the cops to arrive.
That is a lib's wonderland, no one armed but the gunman...…that is how deranged they truly are. It is truly pathetic, much like the party they represent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How do you know who was, or was not killed? How do you know those killed did not have guns? Why would you add, "Thank goodness" for the armed supposedly not getting killed?
Well, there's video of it. Watch it if you want to know what happened and who got shot.

That said, I have watched it, and I believe the first person to get shot was indeed armed. It looks like he was going for his concealed carry and that's when the gunman opened fire. He got off 2 shots before one of the 5 others who were armed put him down. If not for them, the gunman probably kills a dozen of them.

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Sigh.

Aren't you tired lugging around those heavy goalposts? Sheeze!

There is nothing in the news stating that anyone who was armed was shot or killed. There is a video of the entire thing, which shows exactly who was killed and how and no one who drew their gun was shot or killed, other than the gunman. There are eye witnesses, There's no indication that anyone who was TRYING TO PROTECT OTHER PEOPLE was injured or killed. Nor that they injured or killed anyone other than the perpetrator, for that matter. That's what I'm saying. And thank goodness MORE PEOPLE WERE NOT KILLED.

Is that clear enough for you? And quit trying to pretend that you weren't saying that the gunman shot and/or killed the people who drew their guns at him, because that IS what you were saying until you got called out, and then you moved the goal posts.

Transparency - it works for some people, and not for others.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:14 PM

37,119 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So this is supposed to be some sort of happy ending because everyone is armed. Plenty of other countries don't have this problem, they can go to church or synagogue in peace and don't need to be armed to the teeth. I guess we are less religious and have more mental health issues than other countries, I know it could never be our gun culture.
Oh? Other countries are providing armed guards for synagogues.

https://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Antis...-guards-588587

Old 12-29-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Well, there's video of it. Watch it if you want to know what happened and who got shot.

That said, I have watched it, and I believe the first person to get shot was indeed armed. It looks like he was going for his concealed carry and that's when the gunman opened fire. He got off 2 shots before one of the 5 others who were armed put him down. If not for them, the gunman probably kills a dozen of them.
There has been no statement (nor does it show on the video) that anyone who drew their gun at the gunman was injured or killed. Yes, it looks like the first person who got shot MAY have been going for a concealed handgun but frankly, we just don't know whether he had one or not because he was immediately shot and no weapon shows up on the video.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Oh? Other countries are providing armed guards for synagogues.

https://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Antis...-guards-588587
Right, and just try going to a religious service in some countries. You won't have to worry about someone with a gun, but you will have to worry about bombs.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
There has been no statement (nor does it show on the video) that anyone who drew their gun at the gunman was injured or killed. Yes, it looks like the first person who got shot MAY have been going for a concealed handgun but frankly, we just don't know whether he had one or not because he was immediately shot and no weapon shows up on the video.
When I viewed the video it looked like the first guy was going for his gun when he was shot, he never got it out and that's why I said what I did. Either way, it doesn't matter. If someone died while trying to prevent a massacre, it was a brave way to go out and it allowed the others to get their guns out and put down the would be mass shooter.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
When I viewed the video it looked like the first guy was going for his gun when he was shot, he never got it out and that's why I said what I did. Either way, it doesn't matter. If someone died while trying to prevent a massacre, it was a brave way to go out and it allowed the others to get their guns out and put down the would be mass shooter.
Oh I agree. My only point was that there is nothing stated in any news coverage that I've seen, or on the video which I've seen, that anyone who was armed was shot by the gunman. Maybe the first guy had a gun, maybe not, but I haven't seen that gun and no news coverage has mentioned it. Regardless, if he had a gun, he never drew it. No one who drew a gun was shot or killed other than the perpetrator as far as I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies