Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2019, 07:30 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

3 killed, including gunman, in Texas church shooting during live-streamed service
In 2017, when carrying was not allowed in churches in Texas, Devin Patrick Kelley of New Braunfels, Texas, fatally shot 26 people and wounded 20 others during a mass shooting at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas.

There were more than 26 people in that video waiting to be shot. You want that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 07:33 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
In 2017, when carrying was not allowed in churches in Texas, Devin Patrick Kelley of New Braunfels, Texas, fatally shot 26 people and wounded 20 others during a mass shooting at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas.

Texas sure has a gun violence problem!

Old 12-29-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh I agree. My only point was that there is nothing stated in any news coverage that I've seen, or on the video which I've seen, that anyone who was armed was shot by the gunman. Maybe the first guy had a gun, maybe not, but I haven't seen that gun and no news coverage has mentioned it. Regardless, if he had a gun, he never drew it. No one who drew a gun was shot or killed other than the perpetrator as far as I know.
I am not sure what you are arguing over. May be it is uncomfortable for you to talk about the real lesson here. Who cares that no one who drew a gun was shot or killed?Now listen up and repeat after me. A good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy with a gun.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Beto in response to what happened in the church today said ‘Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, AK-47"

Old 12-29-2019, 07:35 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:

Why would I want that, and why are you even saying that to me?

Old 12-29-2019, 07:37 PM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:

Where do you get that piece of DUBIOUS information? People are violent, guns aren't, and Texas is safer than many places.

Yet you conveniently ignore Kathryn's questions.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
I am not sure what you are arguing over. May be it is uncomfortable for you to talk about the real lesson here. Who cares that no one who drew a gun was shot or killed?Now listen up and repeat after me. A good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy with a gun.
Why are you talking to me in this manner? LOL I'm not sure what YOU are arguing over. All I was responding to was the assertion that people who were armed were shot by the gunman. I have seen no articles or interviews that support this assertion.

Maybe you should read my comments on the last few pages of this thread to get a clearer picture of what I believe. You will see that I have no need to repeat anything after you.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:39 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Mostly Illegals and Druggies from California or NYC.
Ehhhh...no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, you believe a God would create robots without freedom of choice?
I don’t believe God created anything.

But if he’s so omnipotent and demands that folks serve him, what’s the sense in worshipping if he’s not gonna protect you? For what?

Nah. Miss me with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Free will. Do I need to explain it to you?
No such thing. Everything you do is incumbent upon a need.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
One has died and the another is in critical condition. The "good guy with a gun" couldn't save those.

The US is becoming a war zone wherever we go!
He saved 25 others. Does that matter to you?

Old 12-29-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Where do you get that piece of DUBIOUS information? People are violent, guns aren't, and Texas is safer than many places.

Yet you conveniently ignore Kathryn's questions.
And moves the goal posts. And ignores facts. Oh well.

I've already posted statistics and sources that show that while Texas is ranked #18 out of 50 states for gun ownership per capita, it is ranked #27 out of 50 per capita when it comes to gun violence. So yes, it does seem that Texas is safer than the national average when it comes to gun violence, ESPECIALLY considering that Texas ranks higher than average on gun ownership per capita.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies