Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2019, 09:31 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,333,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Just wanted to be clear, church attendees need to carry guns but liberals live in fear.
Clearly. Ya'll are afraid of church attendees carrying guns. Otherwise you wouldn't want to ban them.

The vast majority of people who carry guns aren't doing so out of fear. We carry solely to be prepared and NONE OF US want to change your mind or your choices. Do your own thing man. That's cool. I respect your decisions, please just respect mine. It's as simple as that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 09:35 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,363,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Because it just kills you to see with your own eyes that what Wayne LaPiere said, and was widely ridiculed for it, was right.
Sure the NRA was right, the solution is always more guns in schools, church, shopping centers. This is what other countries do when they have mass shootings.

Old 12-29-2019, 09:39 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,363,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Clearly. Ya'll are afraid of church attendees carrying guns. Otherwise you wouldn't want to ban them.

The vast majority of people who carry guns aren't doing so out of fear. We carry solely to be prepared and NONE OF US want to change your mind or your choices. Do your own thing man. That's cool. I respect your decisions, please just respect mine. It's as simple as that.
No I just think it is a absurd solution to an obvious problem. So why are they carrying guns in church if not out of fear, I don’t carry a fire extinguisher when I attend church.

Old 12-29-2019, 09:45 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,333,815 times
Quote:
No I just think it is a absurd solution to an obvious problem. So why are they carrying guns in church if not out of fear, I don’t carry a fire extinguisher when I attend church.

You don't have to. By law, most high occupancy buildings are required to have fire suppression systems. I'm pretty sure they don't actually plan to have a fire, but it's a reasonable precaution just in case.

My gun is the same thing basically. It's a "crazy person" suppression system. I never plan to use it, but it's a reasonable precaution just in case.

Old 12-29-2019, 10:04 PM

17,612 posts, read 14,767,543 times
I find it interesting that we don't have the name of the shooter yet.

Old 12-29-2019, 10:13 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,560,867 times
Quote:
Just wanted to be clear, church attendees need to carry guns but liberals live in fear.
This actually makes no sense. Are you saying people who carry live in fear? Every single one of them? I know several people who carry and I would not say any of them live in fear. They carry to be prepared.

Old 12-29-2019, 10:16 PM

17,666 posts, read 13,456,266 times
Quote:

Your comment is just plain crazy. There are plenty of fire extinguishers in public buildings (plus sprinklers)

Nope, they carry because there is evil out there and they just want to be able to protect themselves and others if needed.

Besides, carrying a gun is much faster than 911

Old 12-29-2019, 10:27 PM

2,191 posts, read 1,390,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Your comment is just plain crazy. There are plenty of fire extinguishers in public buildings (plus sprinklers)

Nope, they carry because there is evil out there and they just want to be able to protect themselves and others if needed.

Besides, carrying a gun is much faster than 911
The marksmanship displayed by the concealed carrier was incredible. Head shot at 20 yards. One shot one kill. 3 other armed men surrounded the shooter when he was on the ground, some of whom were far from the scene when the shooting started. More people were likely armed as well. I know they all want to protect their fellow church members but I am worried of friendly fire (could come from cops as well) as no knows who's who and doing what. In this case though, no worries as bad guy went down just a couple seconds after his first shots.

Old 12-29-2019, 10:28 PM

17,858 posts, read 13,784,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
This actually makes no sense. Are you saying people who carry live in fear? Every single one of them? I know several people who carry and I would not say any of them live in fear. They carry to be prepared.
Why can't God take care of them without their gun?

Faith: complete trust or confidence in someone or something.

Old 12-29-2019, 10:31 PM

17,612 posts, read 14,767,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Why can't God take care of them without their gun?
God helps those that help themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies