Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2020, 02:12 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,758,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by opossum1 View Post
Probably because the lunatics haven't woken up and unveiled their full threats campaign yet, it seemed to be picking up from early December and on.
The lunatics will spend more time shivering then doing much of anything else. It's going to be in high 20's to low 30's on Monday. Wonder if the Governor will ban fire pits also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2020, 02:31 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,379,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If the NRA and politicians don't support common sense gun control laws, expect more of this!

I keep warning the gun nuts that if they don't bring common sense gun control measures to the table, circumstances will eventually dictate extreme gun control measures.
The problem is "common sense" doesn't mean the same to both sides. Also name calling ("gun nuts") and threats ("dictate extreme gun control measures") just makes the case that you don't care about sensible discussion.

The left's idea of common sense gun laws normally include restrictions on types of guns and how they look - restricting Constitutional rights is NOT common sense. Most of the assault weapons laws proposed are really silly if you know anything about guns.

Many Libs seem to be afraid of guns and this is what drives much of these gun regulations and laws, these are not really trying to solve a REAL issue. The idea of "common sense" should not mean turning law abiding citizens into criminals while having almost no impact on law breakers, that is the end result of most of these type of regulations.

Old 01-16-2020, 02:31 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Those surgeons are either stupid or liars or both.
I hope you never have to see what those "lying, stupid surgeons" see. I wish I could unsee the smashed and shredded organs irreparably damaged by a weapon such as those you defend and whose devastatingly different damage you deny.

You see, I am a former ED/OR/ICU nurse and during one absolutely horrendous nightmarish shift, I frantically hung unit after unit after unit after countless units of blood into one of those bodies you so cavalierly dismiss with phony self-serving arguments. The blood just could not be replaced fast enough. My friend, the stupid, lying surgeon, knew we wouldn't make a difference because this was not one of those usual type of gunshot wounds. We nurses couldn't get the blood in fast enough, rapid transfusers, large bore IVs and many hands pumping and pushing everything. The physician, a former military surgeon, knew he was helpless and our efforts ineffective, even as he desperately tried...nothing left to repair. Nothing.

Stuff it, Floorist. You know naught of which you speak.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 01-16-2020 at 03:34 PM..

Old 01-16-2020, 02:48 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
I hope you never have to see what those "lying, stupid surgeons" see. I wish I could unsee the smashed and shredded organs irreparably damaged by a weapon such as those you defend and whose devastatingly different damage you deny.

You see, I am a former ED/OR/ICU nurse and during one absolutely horrendous nightmarish shift, I frantically hung unit after unit after unit after countless units of blood into one of those bodies you so cavalierly dismiss with phony self-serving arguments. The blood just could not be replaced fast enough. My friend, the stupid, lying surgeon, knew we wouldn't make a difference because this was not one of those usual type of gunshot wounds. We nurses couldn't get the blood in fast enough, rapid transfusers, large bore IVs and many hands pumping and pushing everything. The physician, a former military surgeon, knew he was helpless and our efforts ineffective, even as he desperately tried...nothing left to repair. Nothing.

Stuff it, Floorist. You know not of what you speak.
We are about as far off topic as we can get now.

How are they going to check who is or isn't carrying a CCW at this event?

Old 01-16-2020, 02:53 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

We are about as far off topic as we can get now.

Take your complaint to Floorist. Speaking up against lies, as I DID, is necessary, IMO.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 01-16-2020 at 03:22 PM..

Old 01-16-2020, 02:55 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Take your complaint to Floorist. Speaking up against lies is necessary, IMO.
But Floorist isn't trying to strip us of our individual rights and the right of self-defense. That's you and the totalitarians you vote for.

Old 01-16-2020, 02:59 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,758,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

It doesn't matter as there is a fence around Capitol Square itself and are adding more fences in order to create checkpoints. Furthermore the ban played out on the courts and a Richmond judge denied pro-gun groups’ motion to overturn Capitol Square firearm ban.

https://www.virginiamercury.com/2020...apitol-square/

Old 01-16-2020, 03:07 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
No, you don't seem to understand it, dear. Not at all. Why again are you so fearful of a public safety directive in Richmond, Virginia?
Afraid of a repeat of Charlottesville? Ban cars.

Old 01-16-2020, 03:09 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
It doesn't matter as there is a fence around Capitol Square itself and are adding more fences in order to create checkpoints. Furthermore the ban played out on the courts and a Richmond judge denied pro-gun groups’ motion to overturn Capitol Square firearm ban.

https://www.virginiamercury.com/2020...apitol-square/
Oh, a fence. That sounds completely bullet proof.

Old 01-16-2020, 03:15 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Afraid of a repeat of Charlottesville? Ban cars.
Ban guns on capitol grounds. No need for those protesters to have them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies