Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2020, 06:03 PM

20,115 posts, read 9,032,117 times

Advertisements

our prayers were answered, Trump doesn't have coronavirus.

Old 03-14-2020, 06:04 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Being infected with the Chinese Corona Virus or the Wuhan Creeping Red Death does not result in uncontrollable explosive diarrhea or extreme thirst. Why are people getting into boxing matches at Costco and stabbing each other at Sam's over bottled water? If you need 144 rolls of toilet paper when staying at home for two weeks, you probably should have seen a doctor long ago. What did people do before some marketing genius came up with the idea of putting water into small clear bottles and charging outrageous amounts for it? And why must we now "self-quarantine" rather than just "staying at home"?

Make personal hygiene great again, wash your hands as you should during any flu season, and use common sense. Call grandma rather than visit for a few weeks. (My mom's on hospice care in a nursing home so this may hasten a process already started, and I'm aware of that and have settled with it in my mind that I'm unable to visit.)

I, and I'm sure many of us, grew up drinking water from the kitchen faucet, the garden hose, a well, or if camping, a stream. I did and I survived just fine.

I went to Costco today for some routine shopping. We normally have enough stocked for a month or more and are feeling no panic. Our pantry and freezers are no more and no less full than they usually are. Anticipating a line and the opportunity to stop at a nearby coffee shop, I found probably 1,000 or more sheeple in line waiting outside just after opening time, I saw people pushing two carts at a time, each packed with 5-6 large packs of water, baby wipes, gloves, etc. It's an emotion-driven feeding frenzy.

Are the SJWs happier with the name "Covid-19" rather than what I used above? Does quarantining sound a lot more dramatic than staying at home?

I blame the media for stirring this up unnecessarily to sell stories and gain audience share. If anything needs to be shut down for a month, it's the MSM.

Chill out, lemmings. It's going to be just fine! That pallet of water won't make any difference.

My kid is home for a month and telelearning. My wife works from home and is unaffected. My work environment requires me to physically be there as it's absolutely impossible to reach into electronically from the outside, so that's where I'll be. I'd rather have things be as normal as possible but will appreciate less traffic for awhile.

Will some number of people die from this? Yes, just as with the seasonal flu but in far fewer numbers and those succumbing will likely have underlying health issues which make them susceptible - just as with the regular flu. Yes, they should take precautions and be actively protected when possible.
Opinion:
Well done........I have been ridiculed over posts containing the same message.
One thing I learned in life. It is impossible to convince Crazy people that they are truly crazy.
My prayers for your mom. Hope you can get to see her soon...................

Old 03-14-2020, 06:07 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Yeah, regardless how you feel about Trump. If he got Covid-19, we would all be doomed.

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
To the 40% of Americans who think this is all some liberal hoax to hurt Trump, you better hope that actually is the case. If people really start dying, things are going to get hellish in this country and fast. Those acting like this is no big deal and not taking any precautions are going to be the hardest hit.
Who knew the liberal media could influence global markets, compel lockdowns in Asia and Europe and most venues where large masses of people gather?

Who knew the liberal media could compel POTUS to declare National Emergency and make $50 billion available to states.

7,132 posts, read 4,772,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
You misunderstood my point. If we have 60 deaths. And 1% of infected people die that is 6,000 cases. If there are really 100,000 cases for example we would have to have way more than 60 deaths. Obviously there are mild cases that does not change my point.
If we have 60 deaths due to CV out of 6000 people, yes that is 1%. If we have 60 deaths due to CV out of 100,000 people the percentage of deaths is only 0.16%. Deaths due to CV is a hard number determined by death certificates not by multiplying the death rate by the number of cases, which is what you are doing. Death rate is a soft number, that is, it is derived from hard numbers, in this case the death certificates and the number of proven cases of CV. You have to start with the hard numbers.

Old 03-14-2020, 06:08 PM

30,177 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Your thinking is faulty. The 57 deaths have to come from people known to have Covid-19, right? So there may be more deaths from Covid that were not tested.

Of course what I meant was one of the numbers are wrong.

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Absolutely not. The Dems have no other way to gain other than creating pure panic that they hope will crash the economy.

Russia/Mueller flop. Impeachment flop. Lets hope this is a Wuhanvirus Economy Disaster flop. Make them cry again!
Please just stop posting long enough to read that sentence you wrote and consider how it sounds. Why would any political party create a fake disaster? And even if they thought it might somehow help them, how would they do it? Can't we just leave politics out of this and treat each other with some kindness and respect, at least until we put this behind us?

Last edited by 2sleepy; 03-14-2020 at 06:17 PM..

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Indeed. The real risk with mild cases is the potential to infect those already immunocompromised.
Which has always been true for the flu every year. Yet 'crickets' every year.

Old 03-14-2020, 06:09 PM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
our prayers were answered, Trump doesn't have coronavirus.
Not today anyway. Without symptoms he would be unlikely to be shedding virus, though there is some speculation that that can happen. The test is only good for the moment it is taken. Trump was exposed a week ago. He could still come up positive for another week assuming no other exposure. Not likely, but possible. He needs to be clear at 14 days like everyone else. Keep praying.

Old 03-14-2020, 06:09 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,802,638 times
Malaysia reported 41 new coronavirus cases on Saturday, most linked to a religious event on the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur that was attended by about 10,000 people from several countries. The event ended March 1 so it wasn't like they couldn't have expected this.

I also read Brunei first infections came from citizens that returned after attending this event. The US was still having basketball games and other big events too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies