Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 01:41 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't need critical thinking skills to know what I hear with my own ears. Listening and hearing what you hear doesn't require critical thinking. It just is what it is.
Wow, getting a little defensive there aren't you.

Well, I guess we see whom Lysol had targeted when they posted their warning....

Old 04-24-2020, 01:42 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The problem is, Trump really believes his own hype about being a genius. Remember, he also said he knows so much that the doctors are all impressed with his medical knowledge. Do you believe that?

How do you tell someone who is thoroughly convinced he knows what he's talking about to sit down and shut up, especially when he has a huge ego, a belief that he is never wrong, and is president of the United States? No one will put Trump in the corner because they are afraid of his retaliation.

Voters like you have thrust this know-nothing, big mouthed fool upon the country. And you're still going to vote for him again.
I remember a year or so ago giving you kudos for a thoughtful, non-partisan, sober and well-reasoned response to something or other that I wrote (I don't remember exactly what the subject was). We both congratulated each other on being on opposite sides of the aisle and still being able to carry on a responsible conversation.

I've read a lot of your responses re: issues surrounding Trump since that time. There is no thoughtful, non-partisan, sober or well-reasoned left in you. So go vote for your pol of choice in November. I'll do the same. 'Murica Baby.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:43 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Ok. I get it now. You have such a strong belief in your core values that you grow agitated and feel like you need to repeat yourself over and over again when confronted with opinions that don’t align with your own.

There’s a name for that, you know. It’s called narcissism.
No, not at all. I get that people have different opinions. But opinions don't matter in the face of facts. I feel compelled to keep repeating the facts when I see other people feeling like they need to cover them up. It's how I roll. Trump really screwed the pooch on this one, embarrassing as it is for him and his supporters. But no matter how it's diced, misinformation and stupidity just can't be glossed over sometimes. I keep seeing Dr. Birx's face as Trump was spouting his disinfectant and UV nonsense. It was hard to watch. And I am anything but a narcissist, lol.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:44 PM

6,738 posts, read 4,423,499 times
Jim Jones comes to mind. Remember that cult.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:44 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Wow, getting a little defensive there aren't you.

Well, I guess we see whom Lysol had targeted when they posted their warning....
Not defensive at all. Just stating the facts.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:45 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
No, not at all. I get that people have different opinions. But opinions don't matter in the face of facts. I feel compelled to keep repeating the facts when I see other people feeling like they need to cover them up. It's how I roll. Trump really screwed the pooch on this one, embarrassing as it is for him and his supporters. But no matter how it's diced, misinformation and stupidity just can't be glossed over sometimes. I keep seeing Dr. Birx's face as Trump was spouting his disinfectant and UV nonsense. It was hard to watch. And I am anything but a narcissist, lol.
Yes, I get it now. You are right, damn it, and those of us not falling in step with you are exhausting you by forcing you to repeat yourself. Such a selfless act on your part!

Old 04-24-2020, 01:45 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Does it really matter what the brand name of the disinfectant is? Or not? The fact of the matter is it's a disinfectant. A poison. Geez.
Chemotherapy is poison yet it can save a life. Rat poison not so much.

Trump was asking about medical use of a medical disinfectant by medical professionals.

Come on people.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:47 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Chemotherapy is poison yet it can save a life. Rat poison not so much.

Trump was asking about medical use of a medical disinfectant by medical professionals.

Come on people.
And the medical professionals are telling him, and you, that there are no medical disinfectants that one can safely ingest or inhale.

Come on, tamajane. Even you must realize this by now.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:48 PM

41,974 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Wrong. They came out with the warning after the media took him out of context.
Repeating a sentence word for word from a video is not taking it out of context.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:49 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Just watched today's press conference. Scientist up there confirming results of studies that ultra violet light, heat, humidity, and isolate alcohol, much faster than bleach, kills or slows down coronavirus. Trump, in his weird off the cuff Trumpy way expressed enthusiasm and asked the doctor if there was a way to incorporate this into some kind of treatment or something along these lines.. again, just asking in a brainstorming inquiring puppy like way. I thought it sounded a little silly, but I also knew what he was doing. It was obvious he was just asking questions.

I pick up my phone, again make the mistake of checking out Twitter and what headline do I see trending? "Trump suggests injecting disinfectant" gods I hate Twitter and the yes... now more than ever the press! Nothing but bullbait!

Rant over!
You need help understanding Trump speak...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies