Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 05:05 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
So the fool did it. I'm not a Democrat or Republican, but this guy is going off the deep end. He's a thin-skinned individual who doesn't need to President. What a big baby. Twitter should ban his idiotic account - it won't be missed.

"President Donald Trump on Thursday signed an executive order cracking down on “censorship” by social media sites, a move widely seen by critics as retaliation against Twitter’s decision to slap fact-checking labels on the president’s tweets.

The executive order targets companies granted liability protections through Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act. Without congressional action, however, there are limits to what Trump can do with the executive order."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/28/trum...hecks-him.html

His ego is so very fragile. He can't help himself. It's always about him and only him and his feels. Don't like the truth? Sign an executive order! Dumb ass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 05:05 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
This is a true statement which is why Twitter should have just given Trump the Alex Jones treatment and removed him for his consistent lies and conspiracies. But they've given him presidential privilege so he's getting special treatment. I somewhat understand their stance in letting him just be out there. Banning him just makes him pop up somewhere else. I think Twitter is correct in that we should all be able to see the emperor without his clothes. It's really just a shame that some people aren't smart enough to figure out his lies.

Twitter doesn't have the bandwidth to police everyone with the fact check warning, but they can do it when their attention is called to the the tweets by others and then decide if it needs a fact check.
I wonder how far this could be applied. Would forums be included? Or just Twitter because Trump uses Twitter.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:12 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,149,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
This is a true statement which is why Twitter should have just given Trump the Alex Jones treatment and removed him for his consistent lies and conspiracies. But they've given him presidential privilege so he's getting special treatment. I somewhat understand their stance in letting him just be out there. Banning him just makes him pop up somewhere else. I think Twitter is correct in that we should all be able to see the emperor without his clothes. It's really just a shame that some people aren't smart enough to figure out his lies.

Twitter doesn't have the bandwidth to police everyone with the fact check warning, but they can do it when their attention is called to the the tweets by others and then decide if it needs a fact check.
It doesn't need to be fact checked. It's social media, not a peer-reviewed publisher. How would you like it if your cell phone provider start texting you "fact checks" about conversations you have on your phone? Or if they closed your account because you discussed "misleading information"?

If Jack disagrees with something, he's free to make a tweet about it, like everyone else. If twitter wants to append their opinion to other peoples' tweets, then they're a publisher, not a platform.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:22 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,067,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Trump is probably the stupidest president the US has ever had. First he picked a fight with the Washington Post and New York Times, now he is picking a fight with Twitter and Facebook? Political candidates usually court the media, not antagonize it.

I think this is the end of the Tweety administration.
Perhaps you didn't notice,
the reason Hillary lost is because America is sick of the "usually" way things are done .
THE MSM despises America, HATES God.

Trump read the pulse of the country perfectly.
Well, it didn't exactly take a genius if you venture beyond the walled in views of these websites.

The Boss has spoken, the empire has struck back.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:22 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,571,164 times
It will be interesting to see if there are any substantive changes around this website now that their ox could potentially be gored. It'a all fun and games until it hits home...

Old 05-28-2020, 05:24 PM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I wonder how far this could be applied. Would forums be included?
They'd have to be. Every forum requires moderation, no forum has the resources to police every post - it'd mark the end of US-based forums.

Of course, the free world would still be able to run debate forums, and the nature of the Internet makes that kinda hard to stop at the US border.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:27 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,067,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
His ego is so very fragile. He can't help himself. It's always about him and only him and his feels. Don't like the truth? Sign an executive order! Dumb ass.
I support my President, I hope he takes them all down.
The so called fact check is already is violation of the truth,
they're already prosecuting phony mail in votes.
Trump is right , the Boss has taken action.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:32 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,999 times
Trump targets social media companies with executive order after Twitter fact-checks his tweets

100,000+ dead and his focus is on hurt personal feelings due to fact checking?

40 million people have filed for unemployment since mid-March and he is concerned about personal vendettas because his lies were flagged?

In less than 48 hours after Twitter posts a toothless rebuke of one of the more than 50,000 presidential ugly, racist, misogynistic, xenophobic and conspiracy filled tweets, Trump took action; but with a looming national security and public health crisis....MONTHS before a response that was too late to be meaningful.

THIS is what happens when people vote for a guy because of his entertainment value. When they support a candidate because he desires to blow everything up. When a major political party nominates an inept and totally unqualified person who, at best, is only a promoter masquerading as a businessman.

THIS is what happens when folks think the federal government is so unimportant they can hand it safely over to a know nothing, reality TV star.

This is America, under a narcissistic autocrat.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 05-28-2020 at 05:40 PM..

Old 05-28-2020, 05:44 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,527,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
So the fool did it. I'm not a Democrat or Republican, but this guy is going off the deep end. He's a thin-skinned individual who doesn't need to President. What a big baby. Twitter should ban his idiotic account - it won't be missed.

"President Donald Trump on Thursday signed an executive order cracking down on “censorship” by social media sites, a move widely seen by critics as retaliation against Twitter’s decision to slap fact-checking labels on the president’s tweets.

The executive order targets companies granted liability protections through Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act. Without congressional action, however, there are limits to what Trump can do with the executive order."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/28/trum...hecks-him.html
This is a bi-partisan issue. Biden supports stronger measures in fact.
https://reason.com/2020/01/17/joe-bi...-social-media/
'
Now, let's see who is honest in this thread.......

Last edited by Aussiehoff; 05-28-2020 at 06:29 PM..

Old 05-28-2020, 05:48 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
What lie? Mail in ballots are prone to fraud. FACT!
Link? The only time that I found was this:

Election Fraud in North Carolina Leads to New Charges for Republican Operative
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/30/u...ndictment.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies