Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 11:17 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Why is there an ad at the top of my screen asking me to thank Obama for helping defeat trump in 2020? I thought CD was not biased?
Take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 11:19 AM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Why are you here on this forum? According to your logic, this forum abuses their power. I assume you are done here as a result. Take care..
City Data abusing its awesome power.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:21 AM

2,905 posts, read 996,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Why is there an ad at the top of my screen asking me to thank Obama for helping defeat trump in 2020? I thought CD was not biased?

Realize that ads appear based on the things you click on. For instance, I have an ad for eyeglasses... since I had been shopping online... for eyeglasses. Perhaps you clicked on an article that someone shared and it has led to the ad you're currently seeing. The fact that people immediately jump to the conclusion that City Data is somehow biased against their beliefs instead of looking at different possibilities is the problem.
If you click on the X next to the ad, it will let you enjoy NOT seeing the ad. It will possibly even give you the reason WHY you're seeing the ad.

This is one of the reasons why Twitter might need fact checking.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:23 AM

4,386 posts, read 4,240,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Let Twitter become a publisher by editing and censoring. Then people can sue them and get rich and start their own platform which allows free speech.
Why can't some successful Republican entrepreneur start their own platform now? They could call it Elephant.com and the icon could be an elephant with its trunk out to trumpet its posts. The posts themselves could be called trumpets and the posters trumpeters. Who wouldn't love that?

Old 05-28-2020, 11:24 AM

BTW, this latest rant from trump will cost him the younger vote. They are very much in support of free and unfettered speech on internet.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
Why can't some successful Republican entrepreneur start their own platform now? They could call it Elephant.com and the icon could be an elephant with its trunk out to trumpet its posts. The posts themselves could be called trumpets and the posters trumpeters. Who wouldn't love that?
Better name for it would be, "the elephant in the room."

Old 05-28-2020, 11:25 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,594,869 times
So will liberals be fact checked using conservative based sources similar to liberals using left leaning sources to fact check conservatives?

Thought not.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:27 AM

860 posts, read 322,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You mean Trump (the prophet and savior) is addicted to using a service with poor reputation? Why? Why would he not use a reputable service?
Honestly....because there is no such thing as a reputable service. 100% of media outlets are biased. They all have an agenda. They all are catering to their base for profit. People who think their preferred outlet is unbiased simply do not see the bias only because it is THEIR bias. IOW - People cannot see the forest because all the trees are in the way.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:28 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,091,368 times
Quote:
So will liberals be fact checked using conservative based sources similar to liberals using left leaning sources to fact check conservatives?

Thought not.
Who cares?

This is a very specific issue of the President of the United States spreading false information to tens of millions of people.

The responsible social media CEO is simply fact-checking the president to ensure he does not spread fake news.

If Trump people have an issue with that, either:

A) ask Trump to stop lying so much

or

B) Delete your Twitter account and go back to Facebook or 4chan, which are the preferred social media platforms of most conservatives.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:28 AM

860 posts, read 322,254 times
Quote:
NO NO NO NO NO! That is completely different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies