Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2020, 12:30 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times

Advertisements

So, Blacks only shave? I mean, look at all those razor blades locked up.. Blacks only use cosmetics?

But hey, I'm happy anyway. I won't have to wait for someone to get me what I need...

Prices will go up, because All type of people steal. LOSS PREVENTION PEOPLE...But it's always about Racism, huh???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 12:32 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
What it says to me, given what the data says, is that beauty products sold at WalMart that are popular with black consumers are stolen more than other products that are popular with black/white/other people, so WalMart felt the need to lock those products in order to prevent loss due to theft.

The subjective conclusion I would draw from that objective data is that black people who go to WalMart for beauty products are more likely to steal those beauty products than black/white/other people who go to WalMart for other products are.

If that inconveniences black consumers at WalmArt seeking to buy beauty products moreso than black/white/other people buying other products...well, the data doesn't lie.
The subjective conclusion that I draw from the objective data is that BLACKS WHO DO NOT STEAL and are looking for hair care products at Walgreens are subject to hassles for hair care products that WHITES WHO DO NOT STEAL are not subject to when the go to Walgreens to get hair care products.

Again....like I said. Blacks just catch hell even when people are not trying to raise it....I guess.

Old 06-12-2020, 12:36 PM

19,211 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and according to our paper this morning they are unlocking them. This whole: let's pc is going way to far Heck 3 sponsors pulled their ads from Tucker but not FOX, just Tucker. It is beginning to look like a commentator can no longer express their views.
Well, that's just great. Thefts will rise and so will the prices to make up for the loss.

Yeah, freedom of speech only applies to speech that agrees with the mobs. Like that soccer player (I think he plays soccer). His wife tweeted something distasteful and the mob attacked. She ended up taking the tweet down but her husband, who was miles away and had no idea what she did, got fired from his job.

The whole world is out of control so I'll just hunker down with my book and popcorn this weekend and forget about the rest of the world. Maybe when I wake up Monday morning, the madness will have passed. Not likely but wishful thinking.

Old 06-12-2020, 12:39 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
The subjective conclusion that I draw from the objective data is that BLACKS WHO DO NOT STEAL and are looking for hair care products at Walgreens are subject to hassles for hair care products that WHITES WHO DO NOT STEAL are not subject to when the go to Walgreens to get hair care products.

Again....like I said. Blacks just catch hell even when people are not trying to raise it....I guess.
Consequences of actions that create objective data really seem to bug you.

Old 06-12-2020, 12:40 PM

10,358 posts, read 7,988,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I’ve TWICE now listed the top products locked up in stores. Black hair care is just one of the many items locked up. Shall I list all the other products YET again for you, or do you want to simply go a page or two back to refresh your memory?

You are being intellectually dishonest around smart people. Don’t do that. You make yourself cheap and unworthy of discussion when you do.
The way I see it, WalMart has four, and ONLY four, possible solutions to the problem of black beauty products (as well as many other products used by all races) growing legs and walking out of the store at disproportionate rates. They are:

1. Put them under lock and key. This inconveniences women of color more than other women, so that's racist.

2. Raise the prices on the black beauty products high enough to compensate for their disproportionate rate of loss. That means women of color will be forced to pay more for their beauty products than white women - and on average, women of color earn less than white women do. That's really racist!

3. Just raise prices of everything in the store to compensate for the increased rate of theft of black beauty products (as well as razor blades, baby formula, etc., already mentioned). Increased prices hurt the poor much more than the well-to-do, and people of color are statistically more likely to be poor than white people. So that solution is racist! (It's sexist, too, as some of the frequently stolen items are more often purchased by one sex. Why should men pay more to cover the shoplifting of beauty products, or women pay more to cover the shoplifting of men's razor blades?)

4. Stop stocking the products altogether. Then women of color will have to shop elsewhere to get their beauty products (and probably at a store or salon that charges higher prices), while white women will be able to purchase their beauty products alongside everything else they buy at WalMart, no separate trip needed. That's very racist!

Four solutions, and all of them will be called racist by Indentured Servant. That tells me the original problem really doesn't have anything to do with race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
While it’s impossible to profile shoplifters – the crime transcends gender, age and all socio-demographic strata, and about one in 11 people commit it – evidence suggests the rich actually do steal more than the poor. The paper cited most often to support this theory, Prevalence and Correlates of Shoplifting in the United States (American Journal of Psychology, 2008), states that people with incomes of $70,000 shoplift 30% more than those earning $20,000 a year.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-rob-steal-why
All the more reason why any policy designed to either deter or make up for shoplifting losses should not disproportionately fall on poor people. Putting high-theft items under lock and key inconveniences everyone who wishes to purchase those products equally, and it helps keep prices on those particular items low. Sounds like a good policy to me!

Last edited by Aredhel; 06-12-2020 at 12:57 PM..

Old 06-12-2020, 12:43 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:

Blacks then should scold other blacks for causing this, not the store, just as I blame men for having Target lock up razors, not the store.

Old 06-12-2020, 12:45 PM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:

So you see racism where none exists and you cry racism.

Old 06-12-2020, 12:51 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,762 times
I went into Walmart to purchase a small, expensive battery which was locked up. I had to summons a staff person to unlock the case, and she hand carried it to the cashier and handed it to her so I could pay. I wasn't able to touch it until after I paid for it. It was small and would have been simple to steal so I completely understand.

I don't look at all like the criminal type, I'm old, give out and so white I glow in the dark...
There is a super market on one side of town that puts a gadget on the top of every liquor bottle that will sound an alarm if you walk out the door. The cashier has a tool to remove the gadget after it's paid for.
Business needs to protect it's self from thief, black or white..

Old 06-12-2020, 01:00 PM

45,393 posts, read 60,575,206 times
And yet another thread that proves that the US will never, ever, be able to have an honest discussion about race. Not today, not in the future.

Old 06-12-2020, 01:02 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
I went into Walmart to purchase a small, expensive battery which was locked up. I had to summons a staff person to unlock the case, and she hand carried it to the cashier and handed it to her so I could pay. I wasn't able to touch it until after I paid for it. It was small and would have been simple to steal so I completely understand.

I don't look at all like the criminal type, I'm old, give out and so white I glow in the dark...
There is a super market on one side of town that puts a gadget on the top of every liquor bottle that will sound an alarm if you walk out the door. The cashier has a tool to remove the gadget after it's paid for.
Business needs to protect it's self from thief, black or white..
What you've said is logical, completely. But don't forget, your trying to explain such to a bunch of dingbats. They don't get it. They don't understand common sense and logical/critical thinking. You may as well go into a bar full of extremely drunk individuals and try and care on an intelligent debate. It's not happening. It's the same if you tried to do the same but at a mental institution instead of a bar. It's not happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies