Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 12:54 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I do NOT want to take any chances with the virus.
Then stay home, order groceries online. And leave people like me alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 01:29 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Then stay home, order groceries online. And leave people like me alone.
I can't though. Unless I use Instacart, I have to drive to the stores and honestly not all stores allow that. I can't do work from home and I doubt the government will give money to those who choose to stay at home. It is go broke and avoid the virus or go to work and go broke likely due to contracting the virus and subjecting my parents to it and seeing them likely die. 8 doubt you have any empathy from your posts.

Old 07-20-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
8 doubt you have any empathy from your posts.
What about you? Where is your empathy for all the businesses your policies are destroying? What about all the children being deprived of an education? What about all the people who'd naturally want to meet in bars and nightclubs and act like humans, who are not worried about the virus, but you're telling them because you're afraid they can't go? Where is your empathy for any of them?

Old 07-20-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
What about you? Where is your empathy for all the businesses your policies are destroying? What about all the children being deprived of an education? What about all the people who'd naturally want to meet in bars and nightclubs and act like humans, who are not worried about the virus, but you're telling them because you're afraid they can't go? Where is your empathy for any of them?
There is a time and a place for that, not during a pandemic... Rising cases show that now isn't the time.

Old 07-20-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
There is a time and a place for that, not during a pandemic... Rising cases show that now isn't the time.
Rising cases is perfectly fine. Either we shut down like hypochondriacs or have rising cases. I prefer much much the latter than the former.

Old 07-20-2020, 03:15 PM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,870 times
You are trying to capture nuance on a tweet, we know from other countries that opened up schools that you really need three tiers, grade school kids should have full school, those kids have the less risk and the most affected by not being on prem. Middle school kids should be on some sort of hybrid to minimize risk, high school kids you need to social distance and should not operate above 50% capacity.
I dont know about everyone else, I have High School age kids, while we live in a top 10 HS district in the state, the school was at capacity or overcrowded due to school choice, so I will not be sending my kid for the first semester. I think parents who are able to keep their kids at home should, so that there is less people at the school and those who cant keep their kids home can do those safely.

Old 07-20-2020, 03:26 PM

8,122 posts, read 3,666,715 times
Quote:
Rising cases is perfectly fine. Either we shut down like hypochondriacs or have rising cases. I prefer much much the latter than the former.
Lol, as you might have heard multiple countries have reopened and don't have the "rising cases". Why couldn't we do that instead?

Old 07-20-2020, 03:31 PM

24,599 posts, read 9,440,677 times
Quote:
A pandemic with a 99% survival rate is hardly worth depriving kids of in-school education, sports, proms, or shuttering billions of small businesses throughout the world.

We could find a vaccine today and it would still take years to distribute to billions of people world wide.

You can’t run and hide from this virus, well unless you’re rich. Then you can relax in your mansion and hire private tutors.

Old 07-20-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Lol, as you might have heard multiple countries have reopened and don't have the "rising cases". Why couldn't we do that instead?
What like Germany? Give it time, they just reopened, it takes 2-3 weeks for those effects to come into play. When Texas opened in May, they didn't have rising cases either.

But, Germany saw 600+ cases today, that's higher than any number since June 23. They're definitely not falling anymore

Old 07-20-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Rising cases is perfectly fine? Are you honestly reading back your posts before posting them? If no, are you just posting the party line? Rising cases is not fine. Not at all. Especially at the levels we are seeing. Only a fool who is in full support of Trump would think that.

As of right now and I'm not sure how many of the Maryville FEMA testing and the ASU tests this includes but the positivity rate is down to 14.5% (I'm going by PCR only.) Mind you, Arizona has sent far more tests out to out-of-state partner labs, which is where you get the 7+ day lag. From what I can tell, the positivity of tests seem to be going back up after going down last week on a week by week chart.

I can also tell you that when cases go up hospitalizations go up. Typically hospitalizations lag about a week or two after testing positive. This is why Houston and Miami area hospitals are maxed out and hit surge capacity. Arizona has sent some patients to lesser hit states too. Arizona is about at 11% ICU beds left (not sure on location) and 14% inpatient beds in general. The morgue trucks to add morgue capacity was allegedly due to increased suicide if you ask Dr. Crist... She didn't give data on it when asked on Thursday for why Maricopa County brought in these trucks.

There is also worry because of antibody testing months later as I previously stated, we may need the shot every three months or so. I hope that isn't the case, but it is a worry since one antibody loads do drop and two several people have re-contracted Covid (though the science on how that happens is not known.)

I really wonder with you, if you are just trolling or you really think this. Either is wrong, dead wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Not many are but I hear England is having similar too soon social gatherings as America did. Luckily the bars are not the ones in Tempe where social distancing really wasn't enforced.

Quote:
What like Germany? Give it time, they just reopened, it takes 2-3 weeks for those effects to come into play. When Texas opened in May, they didn't have rising cases either.

But, Germany saw 600+ cases today, that's higher than any number since June 23. They're definitely not falling anymore
Arizona reopened in mid-May, we saw cases start to rise after Memorial Day weekend related spread happened. People packed bars and Lake Pleasant like pre-Covid. I even went to a party since it was a friend and co-worker's going away party. A number of the co-workers I saw several times between the shutdowns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies