Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2020, 11:13 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,789,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...-back-to-class

Science matters. And the science tells us that the schools need to be re-opened. Contrary to the science, the evil Democrats and teachers' unions want to keep the schools closed and punish children to further their political agenda. There is no low the left won't sink to.
Also from the article...

Quote:
“The five doctors we spoke to agreed: The benefits of being in the classroom far outweigh the risk of disease. But the key is to reopen safely,” said Torres.

He suggested several easy fixes such as social distancing, keeping desks apart, increasing classroom airflow, and putting gym classes outdoors. As for masks, one doctor said they only are useful for high schoolers.
Faces and spaces, folks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2020, 11:20 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times
With all due respect. I would not call that a scientific or medical study. You’d be laughed at for submitting that.

Old 07-19-2020, 04:49 AM

11,796 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I am a democrat who's never had a problem with a republican president. Of course we all have something we don't like about the other party in office but nothing has been so drastic as having Trump in office. I don't hate Trump. I hate what he is doing to our country. I have never seen our country at such unrest.
You answer just because I am the poster and your answer has nothing to do with my statement. You don't support Trump and that's a given from your previous posts - but I'm talking about those who now have problems with this lockdown and have changed their tune because their jobs depend on the schools opening. Is this a concern of yours? Do you work for the school system? You don't have to repeat your utter disgust with Trump - just answer the question.

Old 07-19-2020, 04:54 AM

11,796 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I’m on that website all the time. I don’t do the math myself because I don’t have the background in infectious disease. I don’t think you do either. I do however trust the world experts who are doing the studies and sharing the information. You have to trust somebody in all of this.
You don't need a background in infectious disease to do the math. As a matter of fact - all computers I've had had a calculator as a tool - that's all you need. Now if you need instructions on how to figure out a percentage - I can help you with that too. LMK.

Old 07-19-2020, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
You don't need a background in infectious disease to do the math. As a matter of fact - all computers I've had had a calculator as a tool - that's all you need. Now if you need instructions on how to figure out a percentage - I can help you with that too. LMK.
Ok. Take a look at the tables in the study I linked to and tell me your conclusions on the infection rate of children under 10 and over 10. Is it significant in how many standard deviations from the norm?

Old 07-19-2020, 05:04 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Plain and simple:

It is time for the teachers to get back to work, so that the rest of the country can.

We're not staying at home all so you can win the November election.

Old 07-19-2020, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Plain and simple:

It is time for the teachers to get back to work, so that the rest of the country can.

We're not staying at home all so you can win the November election.
I trust your opinion on beer. Not so much on infectious disease.

Old 07-19-2020, 05:13 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times
Poor kids that don't live with grandparents probably should get back to school. More than likely their parents can't or won't help them with schoolwork. They are the ones who are going to suffer. Ideally, all kids should be homeschooled, but that's not going to happen.

Old 07-19-2020, 05:13 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I trust your opinion on beer. Not so much on infectious disease.
Fair enough! Science classes were never my favorite, back in the day.

Old 07-19-2020, 05:14 AM

8,630 posts, read 10,155,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's disgusting to say you value young people over grandparents. Everyone is at risk with this virus. No one is immuned. Maybe that's the diffenence between the parties. Democrats care while Republicans only care about being re elected.
You actually believe this BS? You are entitled to your disdain for Trump, but you sure do have blinders on, likely willingly, when it comes to Democrats. What exactly do Democrats care about? You actually think Democrats primary focus isn't about winning the Senate and Presidency at all costs? People like you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies