Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2020, 06:42 PM

34,064 posts, read 17,088,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Weak. The story was by NBC, one of the DNC propaganda outlets you fawn over. The NBC story is directly linked in the Examiner story.
now we could argue nbc is a liberal propaganda rag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2020, 06:43 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
5 doctors were polled with one question and gave their opinions. They were not scientists. This is not science.
I guess you missed the point. Democrats keep telling us "trust the experts", "trust the doctors", "trust the scientists". But in reality, they only want us to trust the ones that have the same opinion as them, while ignoring the opinions of ones they disagree with.

Old 07-18-2020, 06:55 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Didn't work for Israel. Two weeks after they reopened schools they had a severe outbreak

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...are-discovered
Yeah well it is working where I live. Schools started July first. No super outbreaks. No crisis. Then again they have different reporting methods. Like the person being treated for COVID 19 actually has to have COVID 19. If a person dies, in order for it to be called a COVID 19 death, they had to actually die from COVID 19, not simply test positive.

The joke over here is, that in the USA, if you are brought in with a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head and die, it is called a COVID death.

Old 07-18-2020, 07:07 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
No rambling. I just don't care about your income. That's your job. Why don't you pay for my lost wages? I'll send you a bill. Because that's exactly what the school districts are asking for. Your argument boils down to that you're somehow special, and need a special treatment that's different than millions others who've been negatively impacted. Except you're not special. World won't stop if you don't go into work. Ironic thing is that you're making that argument yourself.
MY world stops if I don't get paid just as YOUR world does when you don't get paid and many have had their worlds stop and lives ruined. You wished it on teachers and then rambled on about paying full price for sub-par results and there are a number of times that regardless of how sub-par something is, you don't get a refund...

Old 07-18-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I guess you missed the point. Democrats keep telling us "trust the experts", "trust the doctors", "trust the scientists". But in reality, they only want us to trust the ones that have the same opinion as them, while ignoring the opinions of ones they disagree with.
The problem here is pediatricians are citing low risk to children, learning styles and socialization but neglect their families and staff and their families. It isn't like children are the only stakeholders in reopening a school.

Old 07-18-2020, 07:40 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The problem here is pediatricians are citing low risk to children, learning styles and socialization but neglect their families and staff and their families. It isn't like children are the only stakeholders in reopening a school.
I don't think you understand how it works. We're supposed to simply trust the doctors. If you question them, then you're a science denier.

Old 07-18-2020, 07:42 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
I don't think you understand how it works. We're supposed to simply trust the doctors. If you question them, then you're a science denier.
Nope. Not trust doctors. Only trust certain doctors who push a party agenda.

Old 07-18-2020, 07:44 PM

Quote:
We are really only asking the pediatricians, not other medical experts about school. Students while a major reason to reopen, shouldn't be the only voice we hear. Mind you Florida's pediatricians are encouraging Gov. DeSantis to NOT open school. Now which do we listen to: the ones in the OP or ones that say a local situation isn't right to reopen schools?

Old 07-18-2020, 07:49 PM

8,630 posts, read 10,155,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Do you even know any teachers or is this just your ranting about nothing you know about. It's much harder to do online classes than in person. No teacher wants to do online.
Are you a teacher?

Old 07-18-2020, 08:05 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,280,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax_G View Post
I have done a bit of digging into the literature and that is not what I have found. Climate scientists are in good agreement that global warming is happening and that we contribute to it. The only people I see bickering about it to any degree are usually CT journalists. And that's not to say outliers don't exist. They always do, but are just not part of the consensus.

I agree here. If kids are at risk they should be prioritized. Not every kid will have that kind of need to be on campus and the less that are there the safer for those who are there.
Yes, I think most agree the the planet is warming. Even so-called climate deniers. I thought that particular number was those scientists who were saying man was the main driver of the increase. Anyway, don’t want to derail this thread with that topic. Apparently sending kids back to school is controversial enough on its own, haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies