Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2020, 07:29 PM

8,275 posts, read 3,519,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I don't know how this guy or any guy thought he could get away with it. The RV sticks out like a sore thumb in his back yard. At least park it in the street. Also, why didn't you destroy the RV somewhere. At least it would make the investigation take a bit longer to figure out. Even though no one died, i'm hoping they will give him the death penalty if possible.
The RV is very much destroyed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2020, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
I can't wait to find out the last time anyone saw Tony alive. ( Assume he can't be ID as the driver)
Most everyone is already concluding that he did it with no real proof. The narrative is put out there in motion.

What was his motive?
Why was the bomb set off where it was set off?
If he was killed and someone else did it then who are they and where did they go? What was their motive? We may not ever know they existed.
We are unlikely to ever know the truth of what happened.

Old 12-26-2020, 08:22 PM

13,359 posts, read 40,014,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Most everyone is already concluding that he did it with no real proof. The narrative is put out there in motion.

What was his motive?
Why was the bomb set off where it was set off?
If he was killed and someone else did it then who are they and where did they go? What was their motive? We may not ever know they existed.
We are unlikely to ever know the truth of what happened.
With all the security cameras all over downtown, especially the touristy area of 2nd Ave, it's strange (to me) that no camera has apparently caught the driver leaving the RV. This suggests that whoever drove the RV there never got out. Suicide bomber. I know I'm jumping to conclusions, but so far the evidence, or at least what's been shared publicly, suggests that Tony Warner owned the RV and hasn't been located, at least not alive. I suspect they're trying to match his DNA to the DNA of the body (parts) found at the scene of the bombing. Since he went out of his way to make sure no one was killed, I hope this means he also went out of his way to leave some sort of note explaining why he did what he did. In other words, his grudge was against AT&T, not Nashville or society in general, and he probably wants the world to know it.

We do know that no one with his name is registered to vote in Tennessee, and there's no social media account with his name, so it's unlikely that this is anything political. I just hope we find out soon what happened and the motives behind it.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 12-26-2020, 08:22 PM

45,650 posts, read 27,275,817 times
I am just now surfing through this thread. Everything is way off base - especially if you're mainly getting info from the media.

#1 - It wasn't the RV - it was in the building. Still shot shows explosion starting from the building and you can see the source to the left of the RV. The RV is a distraction. Who leased the room in the building?

#2 - This is obviously intentional. Personal carnage wasn't the goal... but there was a goal. So what got damaged? Nobody has referred to the damage that AT&T incurred. It is a central office hub location. It wiped out service in multiple states. Something that AT&T had got purposely destroyed.

#3 - People were chastising the mayor for making a joke. Did anyone pay attention to what he said? He said that this would be the only explosion that happens in Nashville today. How did he know that? He was not prepared for that interview.
Here he is below.

Old 12-26-2020, 08:31 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,220,866 times
Quote:
Yes. It seems they are already concluding he did it. They even told people that Nashville didn't have anything to fear and that there were no known threats out there. Plus, they refer to him with his middle name.

How many 63 year olds want to drive their RV into town and blow it up? This is so bizarre.

It was a female voice that was computer generated.

They have not said where he is.

They already seem to have concluded this without really investigating. How much sense does it make for him to blow up the RV like that?

They are doing DNA on the remains. If it turns out to be his then they will consider this to be case closed with so many unanswered questions.
I disagree. I think investigators will piece it all together if possible. Will WE hear it? I dunno.

Old 12-26-2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
With all the security cameras all over downtown, especially the touristy area of 2nd Ave, it's strange (to me) that no camera has apparently caught the driver leaving the RV. This suggests that whoever drove the RV there never got out. Suicide bomber. I know I'm jumping to conclusions, but so far the evidence, or at least what's been shared publicly, suggests that Tony Warner owned the RV and hasn't been located, at least not alive. I suspect they're trying to match his DNA to the DNA of the body (parts) found at the scene of the bombing. Since he went out of his way to make sure no one was killed, I hope this means he also went out of his way to leave some sort of note explaining why he did what he did. In other words, his grudge was against AT&T, not Nashville or society in general, and he probably wants the world to know it.

We do know that no one with his name is registered to vote in Tennessee, and there's no social media account with his name, so it's unlikely that this is anything political. I just hope we find out soon what happened and the motives behind it.
There hasn't been much footage at all.

Where is footage of the RV coming to the location?

If the RV can arrive without a camera seeing it, then someone can get out and leave without being seen.

Old 12-26-2020, 08:38 PM

45,650 posts, read 27,275,817 times
Adding this to the rumor/speculation file.

Former owner of the AT&T building is Cerberus Capital Management. Check out this personal profile of Hootan Yaghoobzadeh. You will see Cerberus Cap Mgmt, and Staple Street Capital.

Staple Street Capital is the company that purchased Dominion Voting Sys two years ago. This guy is also part of the Carlyle Group. I posted that info here.

So this guy has his hands in all of these companies that kind of tie together.

It's just interesting and I am absolutely speculating on this - but it seems like a lot of coincidence. They would have a complete understanding of the building.

Old 12-26-2020, 08:47 PM

13,359 posts, read 40,014,992 times
Quote:
There hasn't been much footage at all.

Where is footage of the RV coming to the location?

If the RV can arrive without a camera seeing it, then someone can get out and leave without being seen.
Nashville PD did say that they know the exact time that the RV arrived on 2nd Ave, 1:22am, and they do have footage of it. But they haven't said anything about seeing the driver leave the vehicle.

https://www.fox23.com/news/trending/...LIFQIKVHWLINM/

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 12-26-2020, 08:47 PM

4,962 posts, read 2,246,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I am just now surfing through this thread. Everything is way off base - especially if you're mainly getting info from the media.

#1 - It wasn't the RV - it was in the building. Still shot shows explosion starting from the building and you can see the source to the left of the RV. The RV is a distraction. Who leased the room in the building?

#2 - This is obviously intentional. Personal carnage wasn't the goal... but there was a goal. So what got damaged? Nobody has referred to the damage that AT&T incurred. It is a central office hub location. It wiped out service in multiple states. Something that AT&T had got purposely destroyed.

#3 - People were chastising the mayor for making a joke. Did anyone pay attention to what he said? He said that this would be the only explosion that happens in Nashville today. How did he know that? He was not prepared for that interview.
Here he is below.

It's been close to 20 years since I studied fire science and I haven't been a firefighter for 17, but there was something about the aftermath photos that got my attention. Admittedly what appears in photos and what appears in reality, can and often is, vastly different.

But, the tree and building damage in this photo appears to show the explosion emanating from the building, not the street. Notice the blast pattern.

There may be photos that more accurately depict the blast aftermath that I have not seen yet. I have not been glued to the PC the last few days so this may be easily explained away.

Attached Thumbnails
Nashville Explosion-blast-patter-3.jpg  

Last edited by Mad_Jasper; 12-26-2020 at 09:02 PM..

Old 12-26-2020, 09:03 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,065,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
I have some information not sure it's legit. The target was "apparently" the AT&T center, there is some sort of data being stored not sure what or what it's about. This was about destruction, premeditated and well thought out.
That's what some of the alt-right sites were selling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies