Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2021, 06:49 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The cops spotted the 2 males within 3 minutes of receiving the scattershot alert. Had they arrived just 15 seconds later, the 2 males might have moved on. They would have lived another day to shoot at others.

If I was a cop on the overnight shift tonight and received a scatter shot alert, I would approach the area a little bit slower with the intent of purposely avoiding a confrontation with thugs and potentially having to decide to defend myself or be shot/ die. And if I shoot, tens of millions will, analyze my body cam video, frame by frame, in slo- mo and conclude I was wrong. EF IT.

Damn thugs will likely be dead within 5 years from gang warfare or some perceived disrespect on FB.
Oh, so let “Little Homicide” go so he can grow up to become even more deadly. Who cares if he’s a cold blooded killer and criminal right? It’s not you who bears the brunt of that crime. Let’s just let them do whatever they want since they only kill people in the ‘Hood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2021, 07:09 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,676,999 times
Can we argue the facts of the case, without making assumptions about the kid's home life (which none of us know anything about!); or talking about the neighborhood or city of Chicago's social problems....?

Old 04-17-2021, 07:22 AM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Can we argue the facts of the case, without making assumptions about the kid's home life (which none of us know anything about!); or talking about the neighborhood or city of Chicago's social problems....?
Toledo was lying in a morgue for two days. It was the police who finally pieced together enough info to inform his mother - she wasn't even looking for him. Those are facts.

He was 13.

I don't need to make any assumptions - I *know* he was the victim of poor parenting.

Old 04-17-2021, 07:22 AM

3,044 posts, read 5,004,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Oh, so let “Little Homicide” go so he can grow up to become even more deadly. Who cares if he’s a cold blooded killer and criminal right? It’s not you who bears the brunt of that crime. Let’s just let them do whatever they want since they only kill people in the ‘Hood.
I'm not a cop, but if it's between having to shoot someone, getting doxxed, harassed, scrutinized, and charged for political reasons; or letting some little gamgbanger go on to kill someone that hates me anyway, why risk your own life?

Old 04-17-2021, 07:31 AM

223 posts, read 171,231 times
IGNORANCE. Yes he might had a gun, However when get puts his hands up in the air, You could see that he was not holding it. All of you are saying that he is a “Thug”, This happens when kids often are Misguided or mislead, No father, poor parenting, ETC. Yes he should not have a gun in the first place but you can see he had nothing in his hand when he turned back, Right before the officer shoot him.

Last edited by Chicagoisthebest; 04-17-2021 at 07:41 AM..

Old 04-17-2021, 07:43 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,444,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
I'm not a cop, but if it's between having to shoot someone, getting doxxed, harassed, scrutinized, and charged for political reasons; or letting some little gamgbanger go on to kill someone that hates me anyway, why risk your own life?
Good thing you aren’t a cop. Innocent would be killed on your watch. They are supposed to engage to potentially and likely save lives. How many times do we hear about innocent kids or adults being caught in the crossfire of these nuts or one of the random victims? All the time! What needs to change is the majority of sane adults need to force progressives out of the picture. They are nothing but a cancer.

Old 04-17-2021, 07:43 AM

477 posts, read 336,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoisthebest View Post
IGNORANCE. Yes he might had a gun, However when get puts his hands up in the air, You could see that he was not holding it. All of you are saying that he is a “Thug”, This happens when kids oven are Misguided or mislead, No father, poor parenting, ETC. Yes he should not have a gun in the first place but you can see he had nothing in his hand when he turned back, Right before the officer shot him.
Yes, we can see. We can watch and analyze the video many times. Modern equipment allows you to view the video in slow motion. Unfortunately, the officer did not have such an opportunity. He caught up an armed man in a darkness and he had less than a second to make a decision.

Old 04-17-2021, 07:44 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,601,138 times
Quote:
IGNORANCE. Yes he might had a gun, However when get puts his hands up in the air, You could see that he was not holding it. All of you are saying that he is a “Thug”, This happens when kids often are Misguided or mislead, No father, poor parenting, ETC. Yes he should not have a gun in the first place but you can see he had nothing in his hand when he turned back, Right before the officer shoot him.
Did you come up with this conclusion after watching the replay and zoom in of the the shooting in slow motion in the safety of your own home?

or did you come up with this conclusion after being dispatch to a SHOTS FIRED call, got into a foot pursuit behind an alley in Chicago at 2AM in the morning, and had second to react/make a call between the time the kid threw the gun behind the fence to the time he raised his hands up?

Old 04-17-2021, 07:47 AM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
DuMa answered the majority of your statement best.

But regarding your bolded: You know who's fault that is? Not the cops.

The shooting was 100% justified.

Old 04-17-2021, 07:58 AM

223 posts, read 171,231 times
WOW, I did not know cops are angels.

Last edited by Chicagoisthebest; 04-17-2021 at 08:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies