Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2021, 08:01 AM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoisthebest View Post
WOW, I did not know cops are angles.
You probably meant angels.

But no one has ever said that. No one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2021, 08:51 AM

3,044 posts, read 5,004,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Good thing you aren’t a cop. Innocent would be killed on your watch. They are supposed to engage to potentially and likely save lives. How many times do we hear about innocent kids or adults being caught in the crossfire of these nuts or one of the random victims? All the time! What needs to change is the majority of sane adults need to force progressives out of the picture. They are nothing but a cancer.
Too bad for them. They voted for this; they aren't out there backing the police. They're getting what they want

Old 04-17-2021, 09:01 AM

223 posts, read 171,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Did you come up with this conclusion after watching the replay and zoom in of the the shooting in slow motion in the safety of your own home?

or did you come up with this conclusion after being dispatch to a SHOTS FIRED call, got into a foot pursuit behind an alley in Chicago at 2AM in the morning, and had second to react/make a call between the time the kid threw the gun behind the fence to the time he raised his hands up?
If you were a police officer you gave a kid orders to put there hands up, And if they did what you said You would still shoot them???

Old 04-17-2021, 09:20 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,601,138 times
Quote:
If you were a police officer you gave a kid orders to put there hands up, And if they did what you said You would still shoot them???
If you were that kid would you venture out on the street in Chicago at 2 in the morning, fire random shots at passing vehicles, fled from the cop with a gun in hand?

And don’t give me that stupid ass “he is only a kid” excuse. I am pretty sure I didn’t make that many bad decisions when I was his age

Old 04-17-2021, 09:47 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,444,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
Too bad for them. They voted for this; they aren't out there backing the police. They're getting what they want
Not only that but when the detectives come around they clam up. I get the fear factor for some but others are just not willing to rat on even hard criminals. When someone gets shot, it is partially their fault. If they don’t want crime ridden neighborhoods, they have to stand with police and against the criminal element. Not the other way around.

Old 04-17-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
If you were that kid would you venture out on the street in Chicago at 2 in the morning, fire random shots at passing vehicles, fled from the cop with a gun in hand?

And don’t give me that stupid ass “he is only a kid” excuse. I am pretty sure I didn’t make that many bad decisions when I was his age
This kid had a lack of guidance, But a kid was killed and that is not okay. The Chicago police department needs to be trained better.

Old 04-17-2021, 10:09 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Police say officers were dispatched to a largely Latino neighborhood in the city’s West Side on March 29 after the department’s ShotSpotter technology detected eight gunshots. When police arrived, Adam and a 21-year-old man fled, according to Chicago Police Department Superintendent David Brown.

There was an "armed confrontation" during which the officer shot Adam once in the chest, police said. He died at the scene. The 21-year-old man was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest.

Lightfoot, however, suggested that Adam had the gun.

"We will find the person who put the gun in Adam’s hand," Lightfoot said. "An adult put a gun in a child’s hand, a young impressionable child who should not be provided with lethal force."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ly/7087720002/

Apparently, this 13 year had a gun and was shooting it. He ran and was shot by police.

His family is saying he was a loving boy that would not hurt anyone.

If he was so loving, then why did he have a gun?

There might be some riots of this one....unsure if police foot pursuit tactics need to be reformed to let armed criminals run free ....
They failed him as parents. Good parents don't let their 13 year olds run around at 3 am with a gun.

Old 04-17-2021, 10:10 AM

Quote:
This kid had a lack of guidance, But a kid was killed and that is not okay. The Chicago police needs to be trained better.
The kid dying isn't the cop's fault - the officer did the right thing.

Totally justified shooting.

Old 04-17-2021, 10:11 AM

Ignorance

Old 04-17-2021, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Ignorance
I appreciate you saying that it's your ignorance in the chain of events that leads you to believe that the officer was at fault in any kind of way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies