Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2021, 11:09 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,015,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
They can demand all they want but they will never get what they are demanding.

The longer they refuse to compromise, the worse their situation gets.

Both sides believe the land is theirs, but only one side is willing to compromise.

Your attitude is exactly the attitude that has prevented a peaceful solution all of these years.

The Palestinians should be thankful that Israel isn't a brutal country like Russia, or this would have been settled decades ago and it wouldn't have been pretty.
Only reason Israel even exists as it does today is because of aid, in various forms, from the 1st world powers like USA. That has to stop first. Then the situation will not be so one sided, nor ever been so one sided if never started in the first place.

My attitude is what it is because my fellow taxpayers, and I are the ones funding all this. It needs to stop right away. Any money that is sent out of here ought to be taxed as well, if there are individual making donations in the form of speculation or investments to Israel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2021, 11:23 PM

8,169 posts, read 3,717,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I don't think you understood the question. The UN is an antisemitic organization, and deserves no respect from anyone. They are a joke.

Watch the full 3 minutes of this video, and you will better understand what I am talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L72NT8EoIew
Lol, what now?

Old 06-07-2021, 11:41 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,791,589 times
I believe there are too many settlements to allow a viable Palestinian state and at this point the Palestinians should abandon a separate state and fight for citizenship and voting rights.

There are already 1.8 million Palestinians living in Israel peacefully and apprising 20% of the population.

Arguing that Palestinians should be denied citizenship simply because they are Muslims is ethnic hatred.

In 1960 the USA was 89% Caucasian and is now 69% and by 2050 will be 49%. Should Asians ,Hispanics and blacks be expelled or denied citizenship to maintain whites as the majority? the USA was founded and maintained as a majority white country for hundreds of years. Your argument against Palestinian citizenship is the same as expelling minorities to keep America majority white. In a minority majority America it will be repugnant and the erosion of support for Israel will continue amongst minorities and progressives.

The world will be a different place if the USA stops supporting Israel in the UN,

Old 06-08-2021, 02:27 AM

30,695 posts, read 18,337,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Being critical of Israel's actions has nothing do to with "an irrational hatred of Jewish people". It has everything to do with Israel's illegal activities against the Palestinian people, who are indigenous to the area. If any people should be concerned about abuse, subjugation and oppression, it should be the Jewish people, who suffered terribly for centuries, culminating with the Holocaust.

Israel settlers stole Palestinian land and homes in the late 1940's, and continue to do so. The settlers are wrong. Any defense of their actions is being willfully blind.
When one focuses particular ire against the sole Jewish State, while remaining silent about the actual abuses of Israel's Arab neighbors--to include Hamas--I am skeptical. We're talking about states that still oppress women and gays, that are guilty of the deaths and/or displacement of millions via recent civil strife, etc. And, yet, Israel gets attacked?

I'll continue to support Israel and the settlers, especially considering that Hamas and the PLO have proven inept at actually stopping acts of terrorism aimed at the Jewish State.

Old 06-08-2021, 03:49 AM

18,491 posts, read 15,300,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Lol, what now?
How else do you explain it?

What other possible excuse could there be?

Old 06-08-2021, 04:11 AM

18,491 posts, read 15,300,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
I believe there are too many settlements to allow a viable Palestinian state and at this point the Palestinians should abandon a separate state and fight for citizenship and voting rights.

There are already 1.8 million Palestinians living in Israel peacefully and apprising 20% of the population.

Arguing that Palestinians should be denied citizenship simply because they are Muslims is ethnic hatred.

In 1960 the USA was 89% Caucasian and is now 69% and by 2050 will be 49%. Should Asians ,Hispanics and blacks be expelled or denied citizenship to maintain whites as the majority? the USA was founded and maintained as a majority white country for hundreds of years. Your argument against Palestinian citizenship is the same as expelling minorities to keep America majority white. In a minority majority America it will be repugnant and the erosion of support for Israel will continue amongst minorities and progressives.

The world will be a different place if the USA stops supporting Israel in the UN,
Too many settlements? Nope. Face it just don’t like the idea of a Jewish country.

Too many settlements is the dumbest excuse I have ever heard. They can vacate the place just as easily with a hundred thousand settlements as a thousand. The government tells them to leave and they leave, just like with Gaza.

But what you don’t get is that Israel is beyond our control. It is beyond the UN’s control. Nobody can make them do anything they don’t want to do. And giving up a Jewish homeland is something they don’t want to do. They have the means to defend themselves against any threat. Even if they became a rogue state like North Korea, that would be better to them than losing their homeland. You better believe they would be willing to use ALL of the weapons at their disposal before they allow that to happen.

Old 06-08-2021, 04:40 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,528,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Thanks. I'm out of reps for you as well.

Here's the original version of that speech showing more of it and the context which lead up to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35eEljsSQfc
Thanks for posting that. The UNHRC is notoriously anti-Israel, and the lead-up shows indeed the one-sided, targeted condemnation for Israel while ignoring the same (or worse) committed by Arab nations. There is only one explanation why that is happening - and it’s antisemitism.

Here’s an analogy: Five little kids are playing in the classroom, and knock over and break the teacher’s favorite vase. Four of the kids are white, and one is black. The teacher lays into only the black kid, calling him irresponsible, and stupid, and trouble-making, while not saying a word to the white kids. Someone else observes this and asks the teacher why she is only scolding the black child even though the white children did it too, and the teacher says “we’re not talking about the white kids.....this is just about the black one.”

The question remains....WHY would the teacher scold only the black kid? Why when she is called on her specific targeting, does she continue to say “I’m not concerned that the whites did it too. Just the black one.”

Old 06-08-2021, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Only reason Israel even exists as it does today is because of aid, in various forms, from the 1st world powers like USA. That has to stop first. Then the situation will not be so one sided, nor ever been so one sided if never started in the first place.

My attitude is what it is because my fellow taxpayers, and I are the ones funding all this. It needs to stop right away. Any money that is sent out of here ought to be taxed as well, if there are individual making donations in the form of speculation or investments to Israel.
Nope. We need to show the antisemitic world of Arab countries that would want to destroy the Jewish State that we have Israel’s back - and back it up with aid. The message is as important as the money.

Old 06-08-2021, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
When one focuses particular ire against the sole Jewish State, while remaining silent about the actual abuses of Israel's Arab neighbors--to include Hamas--I am skeptical. We're talking about states that still oppress women and gays, that are guilty of the deaths and/or displacement of millions via recent civil strife, etc. And, yet, Israel gets attacked?

I'll continue to support Israel and the settlers, especially considering that Hamas and the PLO have proven inept at actually stopping acts of terrorism aimed at the Jewish State.
Thank you for your post. I wish more people could see things as clearly as you do. (I ran out of reps for you,)

Old 06-08-2021, 05:08 AM

89,311 posts, read 45,022,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
As were the Palestinians, whose ancestors were of various faiths, mostly Jewish, before they converted to Islam. The Palestinians never left the area, ever. Their land was stolen by Israel. They are suppressed by Israel.
The land was never Palestine's. "Palestine" exists in theory, only. It's a concept, not an actual country. It does not issue travel visas, and does not issue passports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies