Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2021, 01:33 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,485,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Very honest assessment.

I agree with you.

The reasoning is pretty obvious, and one can basically see that in your post: admitting so many non-Jewish people into the citizenry could eventually open up a situation where most of the citizens are non-Jewish. This is especially likely because of the low birth rate among Jewish Israelis and a higher birth rate among Palestinians.

Ethnic Cleansing is not a moral option, although that seems to be in fact what is happening in slo-mo right before our eyes.

I know Palestinian Christians (yes, there is such a thing, there used to be a lot of them) who migrated to the USA, and the general consensus is Israeli policies drove them to leave for happier places. The Israeli government in practice makes it very hard for Palestinians and those who could get out very often do so.

The only practical solution is a two state outcome, Israel can have it's own Lesotho type rump state to corral the non-Jews in. But there is STILL a strong political element within Israel which opposes that and this is why the Jewish Israeli settlements continue in the West Bank, with government abetting. That faction simply does not want a little rump state of non-Jews in the highlands, they want the Palestinians gone and forgotten. Horrible to contemplate really.
Israel tried that. The antisemitic Arabs turned it down. Hamas wants Israel run into the sea completely. It is the Hamas-led Arabs that want the Jew gone and forgotten. Horrible to contemplate, really.

And your comment about “Israel corralling non-Jews into a rump state” really reveals your targeted hostility toward the Jewish State. What Arabs, and Europeans, have done to Jews is far, far worse.

(The more I read about how brainwashed liberals are against Israel, the more I increase my donations to help support her. I’m planning to make a substantial one in a couple of weeks, in honor of my father’s 2nd yartzheit.)
But am I right?

Admitting all of those non-Jews into Israel as citizens would eventually lead to a majority non-Jewish state.

So that won't work for you.

Israel can't kill them off, and Israel can't drive them all out of the West Bank now can they? ... not without a very good excuse. The days of Joshua massacring the Canaanites are over. Otherwise we would be seeing Netanyahu before the international courts like Ratko Mladić was. Can't have that now can we?

So what are the options left?

-1- Squeeze the Palestinians into the smallest possible space, make them unhappy and hope they leave. Fence them in, typecast them, treat them like inferiors and bully them around. Make them excruciatingly miserable.

-2- ... there is no option 2. see option 1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 01:39 PM

30,695 posts, read 18,337,735 times
Quote:
But am I right?

Admitting all of those non-Jews into Israel as citizens would eventually lead to a majority non-Jewish state.

Israel can't kill them off, and Israel can't drive them all out of the West Bank now can they? ... not without a very good excuse. Otherwise we would be seeing Netanyahu before the international courts like Ratko Mladić was. Can't have that now can we?

-1- Squeeze the Palestinians into the smallest possible space, make them unhappy and hope they leave. Fence them in, typecast them, treat them like inferiors and bully them around. Make them excruciatingly miserable.

Or maintain the status quo.

Or have Jordan and other countries assume control of those territories as they once did. Jordan has a peace agreement with Israel, but I question whether Jordan would actually want to take on that headache.

Old 06-10-2021, 01:53 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,528,951 times
Quote:
But am I right?

Israel can't kill them off, and Israel can't drive them all out of the West Bank now can they? ... not without a very good excuse. The days of Joshua massacring the Canaanites are over. Otherwise we would be seeing Netanyahu before the international courts like Ratko Mladić was. Can't have that now can we?

So you’re saying there is only one option, which based on your description shows a lot of hostility toward Jews, along with your anti-Israel bias. I notice you said nothing about how the Palestinians would continue to lob rockets and kill themselves as many Jews as they possibly could.

Why not just have Jordan resettle them into their country? They’re actually Jordanians. Let Israel keep the land it won when the antisemites attacked in ‘67. Their total land mass would still be a minute percentage of all the land the big enemy Arab countries have.

Why not that solution? Certainly they would be happier in Jordan than in, to use your words, the smallest space possible where the Jews would bully them around and treat them like inferiors.

Old 06-10-2021, 02:10 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,102,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So you’re saying there is only one option, which based on your description shows a lot of hostility toward Jews, along with your anti-Israel bias. I notice you said nothing about how the Palestinians would continue to lob rockets and kill themselves as many Jews as they possibly could.

Why not just have Jordan resettle them into their country? They’re actually Jordanians.
Let Israel keep the land it won when the antisemites attacked in ‘67. Their total land mass would still be a minute percentage of all the land the big enemy Arab countries have.

Why not that solution? Certainly they would be happier in Jordan than in, to use your words, the smallest space possible where the Jews would bully them around and treat them like inferiors
Very, very interesting.

So the justification is, if you win the land, it's yours?

And you did prove that an antisemite would be someone who is critical of "Israel THE LAND", and not Jews that is A GROUP OF HUMANS?

Old 06-10-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Or maintain the status quo.
Decades of that have not worked out very well. I think everyone can agree it is not working.
Quote:
Or have Jordan and other countries assume control of those territories as they once did. Jordan has a peace agreement with Israel, but I question whether Jordan would actually want to take on that headache.
Palestinians are not Jordanians, they are two different nationalities. I don't know that it can be forced upon them but if they agree by plebiscite it could possibly work. They could have a dual monarchy, like 'the kingdom of Palestine and Trans-Jordan' or something like that.

Then of course, Israel would have to move it's wall across to their own side of the border and vacate the illegal settlements.

Old 06-10-2021, 03:12 PM

35,262 posts, read 17,166,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer from EU View Post
What is the reason jews were expelled from more than a hundred countries? This is unprecedented in history. Just asking.
You are a new member. Welcome aboard!

I don't know in what spirit that question is asked but a good, albeit slow read is a book called Anti-Judaism: The Western Tradition by David Nirenberg that traces Jew-hatred from Pharaoh's time to the present.

Old 06-10-2021, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Decades of that have not worked out very well. I think everyone can agree it is not working.
You think that a Palestinian state would actually work? It's destined to fail as long as the Palestinians continue to embrace Hamas and other terrorist causes. At least now, Palestinians in the West Bank can claim some semblance of normalcy, even if they face greater travel restrictions and the like.

And even if the Palestinians rejected Hamas one day, Palestinians aren't going to build a prosperous society off of olive and date trees. An independent Palestinian society would still have tremendous problems.

Quote:
Palestinians are not Jordanians, they are two different nationalities. I don't know that it can be forced upon them but if they agree by plebiscite it could possibly work. They could have a dual monarchy, like 'the kingdom of Palestine and Trans-Jordan' or something like that.

Then of course, Israel would have to move it's wall across to their own side of the border and vacate the illegal settlements.
Palestinians can be whatever nationality they want to be. And Palestinians in the West Bank once were Jordanians by nationality after Jordan annexed the West Bank in 1950. Funny, you didn't hear any cries about Jordan denying the Palestinian their rights (the reason for that is clear I argue).

Old 06-10-2021, 03:49 PM

5,052 posts, read 6,362,094 times
Quote:
You think that a Palestinian state would actually work? It's destined to fail as long as the Palestinians continue to embrace Hamas and other terrorist causes. At least now, Palestinians in the West Bank can claim some semblance of normalcy, even if they face greater travel restrictions and the like.

And even if the Palestinians rejected Hamas one day, Palestinians aren't going to build a prosperous society off of olive and date trees. An independent Palestinian society would still have tremendous problems.

Palestinians can be whatever nationality they want to be. And Palestinians in the West Bank once were Jordanians by nationality after Jordan annexed the West Bank in 1950. Funny, you didn't hear any cries about Jordan denying the Palestinian their rights (the reason for that is clear I argue).
...because they were granted citizenship, giving them the same rights as any Jordanian?

Old 06-10-2021, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
...because they were granted citizenship, giving them the same rights as any Jordanian?
From what I'm reading, yes. But that didn't last post Jordan losing control of the West Bank after their failed effort to wage war against Israel in a wicked desire to bring about another Holocaust.

Old 06-10-2021, 04:30 PM

Quote:

I am not suggesting it would be a walk in the park. It should be able to work with effort.

The world has seen this before. India achieving independence for example, and the separation of Pakistan from it. It wasn't easy going. Look at Sudan, or Nigeria, other countries made up of borders drawn up by outsiders. There are crummy examples everywhere, and the creation of Israel is another one of those.

The UN tried to solve a problem by separating Israel from the rest of the Palestinian mandate, It didn't work out very well. Honestly, no one should have expected it to work.

None of my posts here have discussed Gaza, Israel does not occupy it in the same manner as they occupy the West Bank. Hamas controls Gaza. Maybe Egypt can control it, but I think Israel never will.

I thought the idea of Israel annexing the West Bank and giving citizenship was a great conversation starter. It's not realistic because Israel simply doesn't want those people, it wants them gone. That is simply because too many non-Jews would dilute the Jewish character of the country. An atheist with Jewish grandparents from far away is valued over a practicing Muslim or Christian whose grandparents originally lived there. This is simply an exercise in mathematics. Atheist totally secular and westernized Jews somehow impart the 'character' of Judaism on the country, they can be counted.

But annexing the West Bank and giving the inhabitants citizenship would probably work if they were willing to try, like the USA annexing Hawaii or China annexing Tibet. These are terrible examples of injustice in history but what the hell, what option is any better when it comes to Israel in Palestine?

Quote:
Interesting you should say that. So can Israelis.

I saw a statement from Golda Meir about how she carried a Palestinian passport for years. “I'm a Palestinian. From '21 until '48 I carried a Palestinian passport.” Palestine is a place name.

We are 'Americans' because we live in 'America', another place name.

The aboriginal inhabitants can always call themselves by another name but really they are the people who have lived there. They are the descendants of the Christian and Jewish Byzantine inhabitants of that place, who were the descendants of the Jews and Samarians who lived there earlier. They are Hebrews from the land of Canaan.

It is easy to dismiss them, but unwise to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies