Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2021, 08:26 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times

Advertisements

If not vaccines, how do we end Covid?

Trust in Trump and it will "magically disappear".

Old 07-17-2021, 08:41 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,477,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
The trouble with a 99% survival .... err ... 1% mortality rate is that it means we will all lose friends and family members. I've lost a brother in law, I nearly lost a nephew (over a month in ICU teetering on the brink of death), a niece was hospitalized and so on.

Republicans should of course be concerned because a 1% loss in numbers could cost them the next elections.

By comparison, in my entire life I have only once lost a family member to influenza and that was a 98 year old person. Apparently, we don't generally die of old age, we succumb to virus infections at the end of our lives due to the our failing immune systems. Which is old age related therefore we still die of old age but you'll know what I mean.
Pneumonia used to be called 'the old man's friend'. In my town where I practiced medicine since 1981, I've lost only a small handful of older patients to Influenza over the years since we were so stern on yearly flu shots. Our town lost about 150 of mostly older people to Covid 19 last year, and most from respiratory failure. One friend/doc with next to no previous medical issues died from a lung clot on his day of discharge.

Old 07-17-2021, 08:43 AM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
If not vaccines, how do we end Covid?

Trust in Trump and it will "magically disappear".
I just checked, and Trump is no longer president. This is Biden's failure.

Old 07-17-2021, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
We're being presented with a golden opportunity to apply Darwinism's survival of the fittest theory. Dumb people will be naturally eradicated based on their choices regarding vaccines, masks, and social distancing. It's a win-win situation for anyone who isn't an idiot.
Not for the docs and medical communities all over the world trying their best to guarantee the most favorable outcomes for their patients.

There remains a vast group in our world with significant cognitive dissonance about the basis for the vaccines.

Old 07-17-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
100%

There's a reason the Amish don't get COVID
Sure they have. But it is difficult to get hard numbers.

Old 07-17-2021, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Why isn't that true of vaccines?
Vaccines are much stronger and useful medicine especially in large groups in a timely manner.

Old 07-17-2021, 08:55 AM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Not for the docs and medical communities all over the world trying their best to guarantee the most favorable outcomes for their patients.

There remains a vast group in our world with significant cognitive dissonance about the basis for the vaccines.
At no time were American hospitals ever "full to capacity."

When someone catches covid, which they need a test to even know if they have it, they're told to quarantine not call 911.

This phony fear doesn't work anymore.

Old 07-17-2021, 08:56 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
The conversation always ignores the people who can be infected and killed by those who are not vaccinated. Not everyone can get vaccinated and not everyone will generate a strong immune response if they do. The conversation is always about "me".
No, this is literally false. All of us have been bathed in propaganda about how we'll hurt others if we don't take the shot, since the nanosecond the vaccines became available. Yet you feel the need to lie about this, and imply that we need to be inundated with even more of it.

Old 07-17-2021, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Practice good hygiene which prevents most illness and disease. Boost your immune system so it can do its job. Vitamins and other supplements, nutritious food, exercise and fresh air. That is how many people avoided Covid or recovered quickly if they got it.

Sadly, too many people are lazy and expect a magic pill, magic mask, magic gloves or magic shot to save them.
The mRNA vaccines are almost like technological magic when you get down to examining just what they are doing and how they do it. And coming on in such a very short time, potentially saving millions of lives in the world. The greatest medical breakthrough in a century, since penicillin.

Old 07-17-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
The same way we ended The Spanish Flu. And a vaccine had nothing to do with it.

Our past will give you insight into the future.
You have got to get up to speed with modern medicine. A century ago we had minimal medical treatments.
Now we have a successful vaccine that can save millions of lives in the world. A whole different and much more favorable ball game today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies