Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2021, 11:19 PM

4,393 posts, read 1,701,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
....here's the over the top....slime ball....twist to it that most people are missing

They didn't give them rent free....what they did was give them a moratorium on paying rent
..in other words....they still owe that back rent....their rent wasn't excused

Not a one of them will pay it...or even be able to pay it

but by doing it that way....they left the landlords holding the bill...the landlords still have to pay all their expenses...upkeep...all of it...because the tenants still owe that money.....and the landlords could not evict them
At least in CA, they are trying to make landlords whole again by paying the backrent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/21/u...rgiveness.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2021, 11:25 PM

4,393 posts, read 1,701,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
I agree! Landlords have mortgages, taxes, maintenance, repairs, utilities, and wear and tear on their properties! Biden did something right, for a change!! NO student loan forgiveness either! Many who borrowed have well paying professions and jobs and should pay off their student debt. Many partied instead of studying and flunked out! I'm okay with reducing their interest rates, but pay what you owe people!
I aint paying nothing, and you can't make me!

Old 07-30-2021, 11:29 PM

2,450 posts, read 973,292 times
Congress will not take the measure up in emergency session?

Old 07-31-2021, 04:22 AM

34,062 posts, read 17,081,326 times
I am delighted the eviction moratorium is going away. Too many took advantage of it to slack off from their responsibilities.

I am also looking forward to the $300 extra a week UI to couch surf going away in about 5 weeks.

Those were the 2 biggest mistakes made during the pandemic.

The next biggest mistake is a rent deferral should have had a registry attached through the IRS, with both tenant and landlord needing to sign and show amount owed, and ALL Stimulus checks should have been seized for renters owing money and applied towards back rent as a garnishment. It should have been paid directly to the landlord they owed money to.

Old 07-31-2021, 04:33 AM

24,641 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Not a Biden fan, but I've got no problem with this.

You can't continue to live rent-free forever.
But that’s the irony. The lockdowns were unnecessary to begin with. All Americans should’ve been permitted to work at their own choice.

Now we have a situation where covid is not over, lockdowns are not over, and the extension has expired. A situation that was entirely avoidable. Tenants still owe all that rent back, which we know won’t be paid.

Any non-liberal person in March of 2020 could’ve told you covid wasn’t going to end in 18 months, so there was no point for the lockdowns that forced the eviction memorandum.

Old 07-31-2021, 04:41 AM

24,641 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
Congress will not take the measure up in emergency session?
When did this Democratic congress care about the middle class?

Old 07-31-2021, 04:45 AM

665 posts, read 613,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
First off, Biden isn’t a progressive.

Correct, he's a weatherpane.

Old 07-31-2021, 04:48 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
About the only thing Biden has done right, in addition to getting us out of Afghanistan. Most of these millions want a free ride! Enough already!
Give credit only when due. Biden did not want the rent moratorium to end and, although a little ahead, the Afghanistan withdrawal was already scheduled

Old 07-31-2021, 04:49 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I went to Zillow looking at homes in the northeast.. put in an area.. all pre-forclosures came up.. it is much worse than we know. It could be another 2008 with foreclosures .
I bet rents will skyrocket too. Lots of money was lost during this time that needed to go to mortgages, taxes, and repairs. They’ll need to make up for that somewhere and at the same time save for the next government intrusion.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 07-31-2021, 05:05 AM

30,436 posts, read 21,280,188 times
Time to flush the terlit and kick em out. 90% of my hood is renters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies