Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2021, 05:05 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Saturday.html

Yikes, talk about a man with no sympathy. No wonder 50% of Americans ignore him and refuse to get a vaccine, he has yet to make any good decision and has broken every promise. I can see the buyers remorse from Democrats now.
I feel for many but it has to end at some point. My grand 16 took a job at McD at $14 hr. I’m ready to flip burgers. The housing market is insane with the rent prices. Hopefully this will drive prices down and people can get situated soon. I blame the corps n investors who buy the block cash and make housing unaffordable. I luckily found a 2/2 less than $1000. Crazy but the jobs are there, but you know what will make people homeless. The credit bureaus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2021, 06:56 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,596,106 times
Good that eviction protection is ending. That will make poeple go to work.

As long as it is easy to stay home and collect money, there is no incentive to work, but let a person have to live on the street, and soon they will say "Eff this" and then they will go back to work. It has to be painful to NOT work, so they need to suffer.

Yes i said it. they need to not be coddled, or else they will never go back to work.

Old 07-31-2021, 07:01 AM

30,437 posts, read 21,280,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Good that eviction protection is ending. That will make poeple go to work.

As long as it is easy to stay home and collect money, there is no incentive to work, but let a person have to live on the street, and soon they will say "Eff this" and then they will go back to work. It has to be painful to NOT work, so they need to suffer.

Yes i said it. they need to not be coddled, or else they will never go back to work.
You got that right kirk they need to go back to work..

Old 07-31-2021, 07:16 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,895 times
Let’s be clear this policy was put into place by Trump not Biden. Furthermore it’s not up to him to extend it, SCOTUS has spoken. He doesn’t have the ability to just sign an EO to extend it , so for those of you ragging on Biden, be pissed at Trump for starting it in the first place. Congress has to pass a law which of course they would’ve done under Trump but it’s awful policy under Biden.

Now having said all that, while I feel horribly for the renters, the policy needs to end. Landlords were the only people literally forced to give away free money. No one said hey Walmart let everyone come in your store and get food for free, no one said he Best Buy let everyone pick up free electronics, but for some reason landlords were forced to provide free housing. To make matters worse, states have been given billions of dollars to make landlords whole and they won’t even set up the programs to distribute The money. SMDH

Old 07-31-2021, 07:50 AM

1,265 posts, read 445,340 times
Confused on why people couldn’t pay. Didn’t the government give people who were unemployed extra money? Why did they use these funds to pay rent or their mortgage?

Old 07-31-2021, 07:53 AM

30,437 posts, read 21,280,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
Confused on why people couldn’t pay. Didn’t the government give people who were unemployed extra money? Why did they use these funds to pay rent or their mortgage?
They got drugs and toys. That is how the world works.

Old 07-31-2021, 07:57 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
The ones without assets knew they'd never have to pay up.
There will be a surprise coming for some of them that have landlords PO'd enough to attach their wages.

Old 07-31-2021, 08:04 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,882,121 times
+Lots of large flat screen TVs bought the past year but no rent paid dispute having a job .From a Landlord s experience.

Old 07-31-2021, 08:23 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,240,677 times
I have several friends who are landlords who took an ass beating during this past year. They are getting ready to evict several tenants who never paid a dime. Once the deadbeats are out, they are going to raise the rent by a good amount, and their rental criteria is going to be much stricter. Im sure they will fill these spots quickly with much better tenants and make more money at the same time. Hope the deadbeats enjoy living in their new vehicles as the chances of them finding a new place to rent will be slim to none.

Old 07-31-2021, 08:24 AM

4,393 posts, read 1,702,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
But that’s the irony. The lockdowns were unnecessary to begin with. All Americans should’ve been permitted to work at their own choice.

Now we have a situation where covid is not over, lockdowns are not over, and the extension has expired. A situation that was entirely avoidable. Tenants still owe all that rent back, which we know won’t be paid.

Any non-liberal person in March of 2020 could’ve told you covid wasn’t going to end in 18 months, so there was no point for the lockdowns that forced the eviction memorandum.
Well, except for the non-liberal who was occupying the White House at the time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8yOv4PwttM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies