Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2021, 10:22 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
South Korea now scrambling to get away from president houseplant. who could blame them?

South Korea's ruling party calls for faster transfer of military control from U.S.

what a monumental ****-up.
"but, but, but Biden doesn't put on his own make-up and doesn't tweet stuff that offends me"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2021, 10:23 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Do you think this would have been any different if they pulled out May 1 or next year, pretty obvious that the Afghan force was a house of cards. Still don't see why these citizens didn't leave earlier, it puts us in a difficult position. Americans wanted us out of there period.
I cannot beleive you are blaming the civillians.....

I'll tell ya why, becuase it's up to the government to get those civillians out, maybe you've hear the word NEO used latley, NON-Comabtant Evacuation Operation, just about everywhere that we have civillian and family in places like that have a NEO program set up. Korea has it Japan has it, and many other places have it. But here is the kicker, NEO happens PRIOR to the military leaving and to get the civillians out and then the military leaves. The military does not leave and then say damn, we forgot the civillians...

Quote:
Noncombatant Evacuation Operations (NEO) is the ordered (mandatory) or authorized (voluntary) departure of civilian noncombatants and nonessential military personnel from danger in an overseas country to a designated safe haven, typically within the continental United States. Overseas evacuations could occur under a variety of circumstances, including civil unrest, military uprisings, environmental concerns, and natural disasters. The Department of State (DOS) recommends an evacuation, and the Department of the Army—as the Department of Defense (DOD) Executive Agent for repatriation (RE-PAT) planning and operations—coordinates the execution of NEO.
https://www.ready.marines.mil/Stay-I...perations-NEO/

If you don't like that link, here are many more:

https://www.google.com/search?q=non-...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old 08-19-2021, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Rather interesting that WAPO took a break from its usual TDS, racism and insurrection nonsense to call Biden out for this particular lie.

Biden couldn't even answer his ally George Stephanopoulos' softball questions in the ONLY interview Biden has granted since he caused this damaging mess. George wasn't buying any of it.

National Review (no supporter of the previous president) is genuinely concerned with his cognitive ability (and notes his rather peculiar schedule the last 4 days) and wrote this today:

Something Is Wrong with the President
By JIM GERAGHTY
August 19, 2021 9:24 AM
Share on Facebook

After making no public appearances for four days — during a major foreign crisis — President Biden read a 20-minute speech off a teleprompter on Monday afternoon and took no questions. He immediately returned to Camp David. He had no events on his schedule Tuesday. On Wednesday, he gave another 20-minute speech about vaccine boosters off a teleprompter from Camp David, and again took no questions. Also on Wednesday, the president sat for an on-camera interview with George Stephanopoulos that did not go well. According to the White House public records, Biden has had two phone conversations with foreign leaders in the past ten days — one with Boris Johnson and one with Angela Merkel.

As of this writing, Biden has no public events on his schedule for today. He is scheduled to receive the president’s daily briefing from the intelligence community and meet with his national-security team. According to the Federal Aviation Administration, he is scheduled to return to his house in Delaware today.

This is a highly unusual schedule for a president during a foreign-policy crisis. Yes, a president can perform his job anywhere, whether it’s Camp David or his own private residence. But Biden is barely appearing in public, not saying much of anything when he does, not answering any questions outside of his lone scheduled interview, and sounding angry when he did face questions from Stephanopoulos.
and.... where is his vice President? We have to rely on spokespeople who say they don't know anything.

Old 08-19-2021, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I cannot beleive you are blaming the civillians.....

I'll tell ya why, becuase it's up to the government to get those civillians out, maybe you've hear the word NEO used latley, NON-Comabtant Evacuation Operation, just about everywhere that we have civillian and family in places like that have a NEO program set up. Korea has it Japan has it, and many other places have it. But here is the kicker, NEO happens PRIOR to the military leaving and to get the civillians out and then the military leaves. The military does not leave and then say damn, we forgot the civillians...

https://www.ready.marines.mil/Stay-I...perations-NEO/

If you don't like that link, here are many more:

https://www.google.com/search?q=non-...hrome&ie=UTF-8
I know right? This is the worst of the worst. Biden claims his victory lap, "we withdrew our 2,500 troops from Afghanistan, the Biden doctrine worked as designed."

Except that we left 10,000 or so Americans behind, and tens of thousands of civilians from our allied nations behind too.

then after his victorious troop withdrawal he sends in 5,000 more troops, but they are not allowed to travel outside of Kabul, and so our US citizens are trapped outside Kabul and must rely on the tender mercies of Taliban thugs to be allowed to travel to Kabul, get on john Kirby's "list" so we can try to evacuate them before the end of the month.

What happens to those US citizens and Afghan friends who assisted the US for a decade, who are left behind after August 31st?? Who knows, Biden is on vacation, and Harris is off the grid completely.

Old 08-19-2021, 10:51 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
The United States has never before seen such incompetence of our Federal Government

The twitter fantasy land phonies have just discovered reality, and this time they can't talk it away.

Just wait until the execution videos of stranded Americans come out

Old 08-19-2021, 10:56 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
The United States has never before seen such incompetence of our Federal Government

The twitter fantasy land phonies have just discovered reality, and this time they can't talk it away.

Just wait until the execution videos of stranded Americans come out
Sounds like you can't wait!!!!

Old 08-19-2021, 10:57 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,197 times
To all posters: Bush 43 started this. He must also bear some of the blame.

To all posters who want to politicize this and blame "Republicans" by conflating the GOP of 2021 with what Bush 43 did: President Trump and those in office who support him even now are a reaction to the establishment Republican Party whom voters rejected en masse in 2016 and in 2020.

To anybody who wants to blame Afghans for this: nation-building doesn't work. Don't cite Germany, Japan, or South Korea. In 1945, Germany and Japan were defeated enemies but they both had strong traditions of government and strong senses of identity. They were, like other countries in Europe and in Asia, once upon a time a loose collection of small kingdoms/fiefdoms which were later unified; Bismarck did this for Germany and a new western-style government which replaced hundreds of years of shogun rule did this for Japan.

The U.S. helped rebuild Germany and Japan, but the cultural depth, the understanding of the rule of law (at least to some extent in Japan), organization, love of country, adaptation to modernity - these things were already taken for granted in both Germany and in Japan in 1945.

South Korea modernized late if compared to the Germany of Bismarck or to the Japan of the late 1800s who ultimately shed every unequal treaty imposed on it by western countries and by the U.S., but because the Koreans who began to run what became South Korea after 1948 had acquired leadership, management, bureaucratic, industrial, economic, and military experience as Korea was under Japanese administration from 1910 to 1945, the new South Korean state was able to run normally. It is true U.S. aid existed, first and foremost in the presence of troops (something that still exists). But after the early 1960s, the economy of South Korea took off; there were details with this, involving for example the opening of the U.S. market for South Korean exports. But the South Koreans were in charge of their own domestic affairs. They ran the economy, the civilian government down to the local level; they had their own school system, and most relevantly, the South Koreans had from the formation of their state after World War II a rabidly aggressive sense of national identity and nationalism which some westerners find shocking when they visit South Korea. Given all these factors, "nation-building" didn't happen in South Korea in the sense that people define "nation-building" when they talk about U.S. foreign policy ventures.

South Korea's GDP in 1960 was lower than those of several African countries. 21 years later, South Korea was selected as the host of the 1988 Summer Olympics, and today, South Korean brands are known around the world. They have a 100% literacy rate and you may very well be texting your friends with a smartphone manufactured by a Korean conglomerate.

Afghanistan had NONE OF THE CONDITIONS WHICH ENABLED GERMANY, JAPAN, AND SOUTH KOREA TO BECOME WHAT THEY ARE TODAY.

To all posters who think Biden couldn't have done better: you're wrong. He was given orderly withdrawal plans and he turned them down. Senior officials within the U.S. military are fuming over what Biden "accomplished." Dozens of millions of taxpayer dollars in the form of highly advanced weaponry have been seized by the Taliban. A new invasion one day, should it happen, will mean U.S. troops will be staring down the same guns they'll be carrying.

Biden owns this, and this is a disaster. Whatever good Biden may accomplish in his administration (and he has done a LOT Of bad things already, way before Afghanistan became a major headline as of the past several days), he will NEVER outlive the catastrophe that is Afghanistan right now. Thousands of Americans remain behind. Why does he care so much about illegal aliens that he's having military assets fly them to many states even if they are positive for Covid-19 but left AMERICANS on their own in a country now ruled by cruel, brutal, sexist, murderous men such as those who comprise the ranks of the Taliban?

Old 08-19-2021, 10:58 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,799,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
This was how I approached 2020. It took a long time to get of my personal disdain for 45.

It is clear that he valued his image too much to allow anything like this kind of failure to tarnish his mental self-image.
I can completely and 100% see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
This says it all....

British MP delivers powerful, emotional speech in House of Commons ripping Biden's 'shameful' questioning of the courage of Afghan troops

https://www.theblaze.com/news/britis...-afghan-troops
Wow. That hit hard. It really sucks when those who are part of NATO are feeling the same things as others who served (I didn't serve but I feel the exact same way). It makes me reflect back to how much my Grandma dispised Joe Biden. From his lack of knowledge of history to her forseeing he would totally f**k the US over. Then again she was a very wise woman who I highly respected.

8,158 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
All you said was literally "No, the Afghan Army had close to 300k troops"

The exit would have been just fine if we had left in May, so don't give me that moral equivalency crap. Were the Taliban overrunning Kabul back in May? No.
Don't give me crap.

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Sounds like you can't wait!!!!
To show the stupidity of the current admin, of course.

WHen they do start showing up, remember you voted for the current admin and that blood is on your hands.

Spoiler
Let me quess, you did not vote for biden......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies