Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2021, 08:27 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,579,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
So it's hard to understand when the vaccine undeniably saves lives, that some people are afraid to take it.

What about the fact that it undeniably takes lives too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Sounds like Hollywood wrote the script.

This should be a lesson to lose your gut and get in shape, the vaccine can help but nothing beats a healthy immune system to protect oneself in life. Mr. Dr. in Washington had the initial wave of covid in February 2020 and told me the best protection is be healthy and she was spot on.

This may be the first time in vaccine history that exercise and eating right is more effective against the disease then the vaccine itself. Don't you see that as weird?

Old 09-29-2021, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You can't do statistics with a sample size of 2.

When has the official narrative of the US been "ignore every word your president says"?

Old 09-29-2021, 08:34 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
This may be the first time in vaccine history that exercise and eating right is more effective against the disease then the vaccine itself. Don't you see that as weird?
I would argue that being health is always the most effective way to avoid any virus or to minimize the impact of the virus/disease/illness.

Even an accident - you have a better chance to recover if you are healthy than if you aren't.

This is not a breakthrough concept.

Old 09-29-2021, 08:34 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,762,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
https://www.cminj.com/blog/whats-beh...9;re%20younger.

Not long ago, heart attacks were primarily a problem faced by older adults. It was rare for anyone younger than 40 to have a heart attack. Now 1 in 5 heart attack patients are younger than 40 years of age.

Here’s another troubling fact to highlight the problem: Having a heart attack in your 20s or early 30s is more common. Between the years 2000-2016, the heart attack rate increased by 2% every year in this young age group.

Your outlook isn’t better following a heart attack just because you’re younger. Patients who have a heart attack in their 20s or 30s face the same risks as older patients. Once you have that first heart attack, you have the same chance of dying from a second major heart event or a stroke regardless of your age.
Its called life and you arent guaranteed tomorrow. Just enjoy life while you are here on this planet.

Old 09-29-2021, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOzarkLady View Post
Do you worry as much about the flu shot? I don't. I only care to do what I am able to do, that is what I need to do. I cannot control the virus in a way to shield myself from it beyond hiding out alone. I would rather have some company, but to endeavor such, I must take care to do what I can do. What I can do is get vaccinated. Other than that is stay isolated, which I do in measure, but not to the point of being a hermit.

So, I get vaccinated and have better thought to contend than to worry about unapparent side effects. My arm is slightly sore. Nothing else. What I worry about most with this is so little reaction, I wonder if my old body has made enough antibodies, but I cannot think about that.

If you're eligible for the booster, just get it and don't belabor thinking about it.

"Don't worry your pretty little head over it".

The other part of this post illustrates how self-centered people are. This poster seems to have formed an opinion of the vaccine based on her reaction, or lack thereof, to it. "If it didn't happen to me, it won't happen to anyone". What about the tens of thousands of reported deaths on VAERS or hundreds of thousands of adverse effects reported there? Remember, adverse doesn't always just mean a sore arm. We are talking life-long disabilities. Some worse then actual death.

Old 09-29-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Not hard at all to understand. This is because it's not hard to find on the Internet anti covid vaxxers bringing up horror stories of the horrible things that happen to people after they got vaccinated for covid, sometimes as much as death. So from people reading that it leaves them feeling stuck between a rock and a hard place. Should they take their chances with getting the vaccine or getting their immunity by coming down sick with covid?

Yeah, all you have to do is visit the government run website and look at the database it maintains there. You don't even need to visit an "anti-vax" site at all.

Old 09-29-2021, 08:56 AM

30,377 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Yep, I think people who are older and have comorbidities still need the vaccine but also need to repair their liver, immune functioning, gut issues, weight, etc. to as great an extent as possible.

If we were as healthy as the Chinese, Koreans, Japanese and Singaporeans, we would have 10 times less deaths from covid with or without the vaccine.

Old 09-29-2021, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I would argue that being health is always the most effective way to avoid any virus or to minimize the impact of the virus/disease/illness.

Even an accident - you have a better chance to recover if you are healthy than if you aren't.

This is not a breakthrough concept.

I didn't say you wouldn't have a better chance if you got the virus. I said it's better then the vaccine. That's what was written. When was the last time you heard anyone say eat right so if you are bitten by a rabid dog you will fare better?

Old 09-29-2021, 09:58 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
There are reports that hospitals are calling those that die, not fully vaccinated, even though they were.
Source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I feel well blessed I was born not having a huge appetite. If I wasn't, I don't see how I could keep my weight under 200lbs. But I see all these people with their big bellies sticking out having a more enjoyable life of food than I do from keeping their bellies packed with good, wonderful tasting food. One or two delightful servings are never enough.
I don't think fat shaming is going to solve the problem.

Quote:
What the vaccinated lack in length of time they are contagious they more then make up for in how much they "get around".
That's why I wear a mask when I'm indoors and away from my home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies