Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2023, 09:04 AM

15,195 posts, read 8,730,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Please...No the answered can be found in who massed their forces on the border and illegaly invaded an internationally recognized sovereign nation. That's pretty straight forward...don't ya think. That is what is unique about this whole affair...it's total lack of ambiguity.
This is a member of the Ukraine government, 2013, attempting to warn his fellow Ukrainians of the misdeeds being initiated by the US State Department and CIA operating out of the US Embassy, which intended (and ultimately did exactly as he was warning) to create a civil war inside Ukraine, with the goal of overthrowing its elected Government, by Nazis. This happened, just as he had warned, in 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9hOl8TuBUM

That’s not the version of history Americans will be told.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2023, 09:05 AM
bu2

24,201 posts, read 15,052,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Ah, Bevis and butt head. Two peas in a pod you two are.

No, the brainwashed believe that that hair sniffing pedophile dementia patient pretending to be President, actually beat Donald Trump in the 2020 election. The same nitwits that think Ukraine has any chance of defeating Russia, without resulting in nuclear war between the US and Russia.

And the real psychopaths think we can win that nuclear war.
Did Russia nuke Afghanistan? They lost that war. And yes, Afghanistan bordered the old USSR.
No, the USSR finally cut their losses and left after about 80,000 casualties.

You still won't admit Putin is a psychopath. Do you have some particular affection for him?

Even I don't believe he is enough of a psychopath to start a nuclear war and I know those around him aren't enough of ones to let him do it.

Did Vietnam or Korea turn nuclear? Did we ever have a nuclear war over Eastern Europe? Who brainwashed you into thinking nuclear war is somehow inevitable now? North Korea and Iran are the only serious threats of causing a nuclear war.

Old 02-04-2023, 09:15 AM
bu2

24,201 posts, read 15,052,303 times
Quote:
All for the “crime” of defending their own nation? Dude, you desperately need to take your study of history beyond the University of Wikipedia, because you seem to have missed some critical facts about WW II and Finland.

The “crime” in the eyes of the Soviets, as well as the rest of the world marginally familiar with history, was Hitler’s unprovoked INVASION of the Soviet Union, after having signed a non-aggression treaty with the Soviets. Finland joined Hitler’s forces and participated in that invasion. This invasion btw, resulted in the deaths of between 20-30 Million Russians who were the ones “defending” their nation, not the other way around.

While the Jewish Holocaust seems to have captured most of the world’s attention and sympathy, and still has it, Hitler’s invasion of the Soviet Union killed at least 4 times the number of Russians than the Jews suffered in the death camps.

I’d say that goes a long way toward explaining why Finland’s Military and Government leaders were handled in the manner they were. They were, by definition, war criminals. The truth is, the Soviets had very good reason for hanging every last one of them, trial or no trial. The disposition of the Soviets at that moment in time was understandably quite hostile, given the massive casualties the invasion caused to them. No country involved in WW II came remotely close to the number of Russians killed in the War.

This is such a declaration of ignorance, it’s hardly worthy of a response. It’s actually rather offensive, and says more about you than you should want to expose. Seriously. I’m saddened by the extreme ignorance suffered by so many of my fellow Americans, but it does go along way to explain our less than stellar reputation in the eyes of so many others around the world.

But don’t confuse the former Soviet Union (that hasn’t actually existed for decades) with today’s Russia. Two completely different countries, and two entirely different era’s. But there is a tremendous amount of ignorance within western societies regarding Russia which you have so masterfully exhibited here.

The truth is Communism was what Russians suffered through, and was responsible for the failure of the Soviet Union, just as it has failed everywhere else. Today’s Russia is a functional Republic, and frankly more resembles a Republic now, than the corporatized and socialized United States, if truth be told.

Lots of people would be astonished if they were to be taken to Moscow, blindfolded and not told where they were, because they would discover a city that knows no equal across the entirety of Europe, particularly as it relates to modernization, cleanliness, low crime, and general prosperity of the citizenry, and is more cosmopolitan than Paris or London, and far safer.

If you were to do a side by side, and compare the citizens of Moscow, with citizens from San Francisco or anywhere else in US, we would look like a bunch of hobos by comparison, and almost 3rd world, with the amount of crime, infrastructure decay, homelessness, and drug addicts on full display. I promise you, you will find no “poop maps” in Moscow, like they have in San Francisco!
Now we know you are either a current Russian or are totally delusional.
Some of us have been in Moscow. Some of us have been elsewhere in Russia. Russia outside Moscow and St. Petersburg IS a 3rd world country. And Moscow has plenty of decay and poverty There are plenty of billionaires, but most people are poor. And Moscow is rated the 4th most dangerous city in Europe, joining 4 other former Soviet cities in the top 10. https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...in-europe.html
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...in-europe.html

Old 02-04-2023, 09:32 AM

25,762 posts, read 17,520,955 times
Yeah, I couldn't remember why I put that guy on ignore.
Quoting him made me remember.

WW3 has already started. It's a lopsided economic war with combat frosting; Russia will lose. It won't matter what they do.
The irony is, after WW3 is over and Russia has been reduced to impoverished status, globalization itself will crumble leaving each country to fend for itself. In that world, what is left of Russia will become an agrarian society settled mostly along the Volga River and it tributaries, and will do pretty well.

Old 02-04-2023, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Did Russia nuke Afghanistan? They lost that war. And yes, Afghanistan bordered the old USSR.
No, the USSR finally cut their losses and left after about 80,000 casualties.

You still won't admit Putin is a psychopath. Do you have some particular affection for him?

Even I don't believe he is enough of a psychopath to start a nuclear war and I know those around him aren't enough of ones to let him do it.

Did Vietnam or Korea turn nuclear? Did we ever have a nuclear war over Eastern Europe? Who brainwashed you into thinking nuclear war is somehow inevitable now? North Korea and Iran are the only serious threats of causing a nuclear war.
I have a particular affection for the truth. And the nonsense being posted on this thread has no relative connection with the truth.

Your views on the current state of the geopolitical situation is totally out of touch with reality, but is hardly surprising given our current state of affairs right here inside the US, with having a hair sniffing pedophile as President who doesn’t know where he is most of the time, surrounded by a gaggle of handlers who aren’t competent enough to be trusted to run a lemonade stand.

You apparently don’t know much about history either. But just as it was the case in the 1960’s, it’s the same situation now, only worse. At least back then, when certain high level pentagon officials were trying to convince Kennedy that we could win a nuclear war with the Soviets, and were urging him to not only consider invading Cuba, but to consider a preemptive nuclear first strike against the USSR, he had the God Damned sense to tell them to get the F out of his office.

I have no such confidence in the wisdom of the current crop of imbeciles now in position of authority.

You, and many others don’t seem to realize the level of inanity going in, which is only hinted at by the open and public display of freakazoid Drag Queens dressed up like satanic demons reading stories to toddlers. That ought to raise an eyebrow or two, but doesn’t.

The truth is, some of these psychopaths actually believe there is such a thing as limited use of nuclear weapons. The tactical type, which could be used against the Russians, without escalating into a broader nuclear exchange. There really are people in positions of power right now who believe that.

That’s how dangerous the situation is right now, because the Russians have made their position quite clear. They will not be the first to deploy any form of nuclear weapons, but will absolutely respond to any use of nuclear weapons against them, with a full retaliation of theirs.

Maybe we need to break this down further for you …. what they are saying is, if US/NATO decides to try to wipe out Russian forces in Ukraine, using tactical nukes, their response won’t be confined to Ukraine, but will include all NATO threats, including the United States.

Just a few days ago, even the mainstream news reported on the Russian sub, sitting off the east coast, which, btw, is believed to be armed with hypersonic, nuclear missiles that could strike virtually any city along the east coast, with no chance of preventing them from hitting their targets. There is no defense against these weapons, which would strike their targets in mere minutes.

I would venture a guess there is one sitting somewhere in the Pacific Ocean too, targeting the West Coast.

Old 02-04-2023, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Yeah, I couldn't remember why I put that guy on ignore.
Quoting him made me remember.

WW3 has already started. It's a lopsided economic war with combat frosting; Russia will lose. It won't matter what they do.
The irony is, after WW3 is over and Russia has been reduced to impoverished status, globalization itself will crumble leaving each country to fend for itself. In that world, what is left of Russia will become an agrarian society settled mostly along the Volga River and it tributaries, and will do pretty well.
Here is an antidote for the illness you’re suffering. It’s a dose of the truth

https://www.bitchute.com/video/QE4MumwVzd6Z/

Old 02-04-2023, 10:09 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,195,157 times
ancient Kievan legal codex (around 1016 AD) had no provisions for death penalty, all crimes were resolved with monetary/goods fines.
I like Kievan Rus.

Old 02-04-2023, 10:17 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,195,157 times
Quote:
I have a particular affection for the truth. And the nonsense being posted on this thread has no relative connection with the truth.

Your views on the current state of the geopolitical situation is totally out of touch with reality, but is hardly surprising given our current state of affairs right here inside the US, with having a hair sniffing pedophile as President who doesn’t know where he is most of the time, surrounded by a gaggle of handlers who aren’t competent enough to be trusted to run a lemonade stand.

You apparently don’t know much about history either. But just as it was the case in the 1960’s, it’s the same situation now, only worse. At least back then, when certain high level pentagon officials were trying to convince Kennedy that we could win a nuclear war with the Soviets, and were urging him to not only consider invading Cuba, but to consider a preemptive nuclear first strike against the USSR, he had the God Damned sense to tell them to get the F out of his office.

I have no such confidence in the wisdom of the current crop of imbeciles now in position of authority.

You, and many others don’t seem to realize the level of inanity going in, which is only hinted at by the open and public display of freakazoid Drag Queens dressed up like satanic demons reading stories to toddlers. That ought to raise an eyebrow or two, but doesn’t.

The truth is, some of these psychopaths actually believe there is such a thing as limited use of nuclear weapons. The tactical type, which could be used against the Russians, without escalating into a broader nuclear exchange. There really are people in positions of power right now who believe that.

That’s how dangerous the situation is right now, because the Russians have made their position quite clear. They will not be the first to deploy any form of nuclear weapons, but will absolutely respond to any use of nuclear weapons against them, with a full retaliation of theirs.

Maybe we need to break this down further for you …. what they are saying is, if US/NATO decides to try to wipe out Russian forces in Ukraine, using tactical nukes, their response won’t be confined to Ukraine, but will include all NATO threats, including the United States.

Just a few days ago, even the mainstream news reported on the Russian sub, sitting off the east coast, which, btw, is believed to be armed with hypersonic, nuclear missiles that could strike virtually any city along the east coast, with no chance of preventing them from hitting their targets. There is no defense against these weapons, which would strike their targets in mere minutes.

I would venture a guess there is one sitting somewhere in the Pacific Ocean too, targeting the West Coast.
I stuck in this thread because of the same reason " a particular affection for the truth. And the nonsense being posted on this thread has no relative connection with the truth."

Old 02-04-2023, 10:26 AM

8,984 posts, read 11,864,905 times
Russian tank hit at close range by RPG-7, but did not sustain major damage and was able to move forward. It looks like the defenders run out of NLAW and Javelin. It appears that the Ukrainian defenders were about to be overrun by the invaders and fought to the end to protect their homeland. I can totally support such brave people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZm8UuUng8o

Old 02-04-2023, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
I stuck in this thread because of the same reason " a particular affection for the truth. And the nonsense being posted on this thread has no relative connection with the truth."
Here’s another dose of truth, and it includes the assessment of the mainstream claims about a “weakened Russia” and a stalemate in the Ukraine war. Military analyst Col. Macgregor characterizes the mainstream narrative as “delusional”.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/XF6r8cwiaS0P/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies