Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2023, 08:57 PM

8,973 posts, read 11,856,074 times

Advertisements

Ukrainian defenders being trained in Spain. I am not sure how effective they will be with this kind of training though. There is a lot of slow walking in open spaces. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqyUOtcw6xE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2023, 01:09 AM

15,162 posts, read 8,716,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Neither of you are missing much. Post after post of people saying they do not trust Western media, but they do trust Scott Ritter and Col. MacGregor. Nobody can give reasons for why they trust those two however.

Yes I can give a damned good reason … Scott Ritter has a long track record of not only telling the truth to power, but being astonishingly accurate as well as honest. And he is not a part of the mainstream media .. he has been attacked by them.

As a former weapons inspector, he was the only one saying that Iraq did not possess weapons of mass destruction, as he tried to prevent the invasion of Iraq under false pretenses. He was ignored, and worse, called incompetent and not a reputable source of information, while Gen Colin Powell, the darling of the media, and the man with the impeccable image of honesty and great character was, as it was later revealed, lying through his teeth, and destroying his own integrity.

Mcgregor is another source that doesn’t toe the line, and go along with the mainstream propaganda narratives, but gives honest assessments of the intelligence he receives from inside, connected sources.

Basically, it’s common sense … something you might what to try sometime …. and it’s very simple … believe those who have a demonstrated history of honesty, and reject those who have done nothing but lie for years, about everything.

Seems like pretty straight forward logic, doesn’t it?

Old 02-05-2023, 01:12 AM

15,162 posts, read 8,716,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I wouldn't be so definite at this point, while observing the battle field - it's kinda a teeter-totter there, because Russians are fighting Russians essentially ( most of the Ukrainian troops consist of the Ukrainians from the South-East, they are conscripted the most it looks.)
So while they fight the best they can too, the Russians from "Russia proper" consolidate their powers and rethinking their strategies as they go, but they are as determined as ever.

So while I expect more of the back and forth retreats and advances, I think McGregor is correct overall in his analysis of the situation.
Well, they seem to be pretty definite. When either are asked, can Ukraine win this war, both Ritter and Mcgregor say no chance at all. And then they proceed to explain why, in great detail.

Old 02-05-2023, 01:25 AM

24,917 posts, read 9,663,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
When either are asked, can Ukraine win this war, both Ritter and Mcgregor say no chance at all. And then they proceed to explain why, in great detail.
Ukraine can’t win this war because they will always be on the border of Russia, and Russia will always have the support of China. It’s common sense.
Quote:
China is fueling Moscow’s war in Ukraine by sending fighter-jet components, navigational systems for military helicopters, and other technology since last year’s invasion, Russian customs data shows.
https://nypost.com/2023/02/04/china-...ata-shows/amp/

China loves proxy wars against the west and this is another example.

Old 02-05-2023, 02:16 AM

51,719 posts, read 26,011,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Neither of you are missing much. Post after post of people saying they do not trust Western media, but they do trust Scott Ritter and Col. MacGregor. Nobody can give reasons for why they trust those two however.

Then random points about how Russia is not retreating; were justified in invading because Ukraine was talking to NATO countries; wild assertions that Ukraine is losing more people/tanks than Russia; Russian tech is equal to or superior to NATO for reasons; Russia has more people so they will win; Russia lost lots of people in WW2 so they will win; blah blah blah.

Really, it is getting pretty boring.
Thanks for the summary. Occasionally, I will open a post only to wonder why I bothered.

I appreciate their posts. Helps me understand that perspective. Because on the surface it seems absolutely crazy for Putin to ruin Russia and Ukraine like this.

Ukraine will recover.

It is unlikely Russia will.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 02-05-2023 at 03:35 AM..

Old 02-05-2023, 02:54 AM

2,961 posts, read 1,360,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Thanks for the summary. Occasionally, I will open a post only to wonder why I bothered.

I appreciate their posts. Helps me understand that perspective. Because on the surface it seems absolutely crazy for Putin to ruin his Russia and Ukraine like this.

Ukraine will recover.

It is unlikely Russia will.
Ukraine will have to Push Russia out for it to recover. They won't be able to do it without the full might of Nato and they know it. I don't think Ukraine is recovering from this. Russia can't and won't backdown to land it has annexed. It's now part of it's constitutional claim.

Old 02-05-2023, 03:19 AM

8,973 posts, read 11,856,074 times
How small diameter bombs will help Ukraine kill more Russian animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxM9QAD-wJ4

Old 02-05-2023, 03:52 AM

19,030 posts, read 14,307,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy234 View Post
Ukraine will have to Push Russia out for it to recover. They won't be able to do it without the full might of Nato and they know it. I don't think Ukraine is recovering from this. Russia can't and won't backdown to land it has annexed. It's now part of it's constitutional claim.
That has got to be the funniest statement, ever.
When did Shootin' Putin bother with "legality"?
He's erased / purged his opposition and even those who were allies but not trusted. He's just another power hungry predator faced with prey that won't meekly surrender.

Let's hope he doesn't pull a "Samson" and bring down everyone 'cause he can't get his own way.

Old 02-05-2023, 04:02 AM

24,917 posts, read 9,663,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
He's erased / purged his opposition and even those who were allies but not trusted. He's just another power hungry predator faced with prey that won't meekly surrender.
He wasn’t so bad when Europe was buying Putin’s oil and gas for 30 years.

Europe funded this war and now America is trying to fix it with taxpayer money.

Old 02-05-2023, 05:11 AM

12,482 posts, read 8,267,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Ukrainian defenders being trained in Spain. I am not sure how effective they will be with this kind of training though. There is a lot of slow walking in open spaces. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqyUOtcw6xE
I remember my first time on a live fire and movement range and off to my left a soldier had an accidental discharge. "Crawl, walk, run" was the training method drilled into us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies