Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 02:26 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,131,022 times

Advertisements

LOL. If the power grid is having a problem now, just wait until at least 40% of the population have these glorified golf carts for their main mode of transportation, which will need charging in order to operate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2022, 02:38 PM

134 posts, read 38,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I was going to settle for just giving you a rep, but I couldn't resist answering the question in your second paragraph.

I am firmly convinced that most extreme liberals are impulsive and emotional to a fault, and the leftist California political leaders and decision makers are the worst of the lot.
The problem is these emotional types wreak havoc on the poor and middle class with their policies. These policies are meant for the white progressive types who don’t do anything that actually benefits communities, these just assume these ideas are what everyone wants. In return, they cause inflation and wreak the poorer class. Just look at how many Hispanic businesses in California depend on trucks or gas guzzlers, but the white liberals virtue signaling type gives not one iota of care for them.

That is the problem with partisan politics, you need to go to extremes to signal how much better you are than your opponent.

Old 09-01-2022, 08:41 PM

8,343 posts, read 2,970,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
We have an energy crisis because of the unusual climate patterns.

In some cases it freezes an electrical grid, cutting off people from all power.
Sometimes it is gas shortages.

And sometimes it is asking people to plan ahead and use their energy more efficiently.

Texas Republicans have been asking their residents for years to use their power more efficiently.

But California does -and you all freak out.

It makes no sense.

They are asking to plan ahead. You are driving home and notice you need to charge...wait until 9:30 to plug in when you get home.f Of course if you NEED to right away -- go ahead but plan accordingly.
Hahaha…..ok, you wait. Most Californians are going to ignore those requests to avoid 4-9. You know decades ago California was a nice place to live.

Old 09-01-2022, 09:19 PM

9,895 posts, read 4,659,887 times
Did I hear the governor right-set house ac to 85 degrees when not home? 85 will cool down faster than letting it climb to 90-100 but the ac will work hard to get down just to 80 let alone 75. Meaning when everyone comes home to an 85 degree house around the sametime that still could cause a massive surge in use.

Old 09-01-2022, 09:36 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,749,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Did I hear the governor right-set house ac to 85 degrees when not home? 85 will cool down faster than letting it climb to 90-100 but the ac will work hard to get down just to 80 let alone 75. Meaning when everyone comes home to an 85 degree house around the sametime that still could cause a massive surge in use.
Yeah ole Gavin is not very bright

Old 09-01-2022, 09:58 PM

12,392 posts, read 8,164,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
The probably hope is that when you go inside from the higher heat levels you will find 85 as bearable and many will leave the thermostat alone.

Old 09-01-2022, 10:00 PM

9,895 posts, read 4,659,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The probably hope is that when you go inside from the higher heat levels you will find 85 as bearable and many will leave the thermostat alone.
At that point it's open windows and fans because there will be no air circulation. Dead air and heat, yikes.

Last edited by anononcty; 09-01-2022 at 10:51 PM..

Old 09-01-2022, 10:25 PM

19,222 posts, read 16,714,281 times
When the governor sets his thermostat to 85° then I will. He doesn't pay my electric bill. I do.

If this state can't keep the power on to accommodate us then he has no business even considering a run for the WH. Imagine what he'll do to the rest of the country.

You voters out there don't want that.

Do you?

Old 09-01-2022, 10:43 PM

13,774 posts, read 8,019,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Hahaha…..ok, you wait. Most Californians are going to ignore those requests to avoid 4-9. You know decades ago California was a nice place to live.
Which is why at some point the cost of electricity will spike between certain times of the day. If that is not enough then during peak summer months or similar to I find here in AZ.

Bottom line: Californians are going to end up paying considerable more for electricity in the coming years.

Old 09-01-2022, 10:46 PM

24,650 posts, read 9,477,090 times
The left: In 10 years we will be EV dependent! Green baby!

Also the left: Can you stop charging your vehicles, please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies