Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 11:01 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So for years we have been advised, asked to not use power during peak times. Run your dishwasher late at night, or do laundry middle of the day, etc.

Now you guys get offended?

Other states (Texas) are also asking its residents to use power more efficiently.

It takes a bit of planning, especially with cars, but it isn't such a bad thing.
How is it possible for you liberals to fill your heads with conflicting ideas, yet see no conflict? When these Kaliformia clowns issue orders to turn off lights, and adjust thermostats to reduce electric usage now, because they lack the electric production capacity to serve current needs, then proceed to pass laws making only electric vehicles available in the near future, which will wildly increase demands, you see no conflict?

When liberals propose banning guns because police are there to protect you, then move to defund and eliminate police, you see no conflict!

Champions of women’s rights, you also promote freaking men pretending to be women annihilating real women in women’s sports, and you think that’s defending women;s rights, and see no conflict!

It seems that there is NOTHING you all believe and promote that actually makes any logical sense, but is instead just one endless display of mental illness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I was going to settle for just giving you a rep, but I couldn't resist answering the question in your second paragraph.

I am firmly convinced that most extreme liberals are impulsive and emotional to a fault, and the leftist California political leaders and decision makers are the worst of the lot.
I believe these extremely destructive and contradictory policies go well beyond impulse or emotion, and land firmly in the realm of extreme malevolence on the part of liberal leaders, which rely on the extreme mental illness of their supporters to continue their evil ways.

Old 09-01-2022, 11:21 AM

9,520 posts, read 4,350,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Democrats are professionals at putting the cart before the horse and then passing the blame...

They can't handle the drain on the grid now never mind in 10 years when they start forcing everyone to go electric.

How bad will it get before the realize that going all out green was a stupid idea?

What is wrong with these Bozos that fail to use common sense and act accordingly?
But, but........they're the party of science. How could they have not possibly considered the long-term sustainability issues associated with EVs given their massive scientific brains?

Old 09-01-2022, 11:24 AM

9,520 posts, read 4,350,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
How is it possible for you liberals to fill your heads with conflicting ideas, yet see no conflict? When these Kaliformia clowns issue orders to turn off lights, and adjust thermostats to reduce electric usage now, because they lack the electric production capacity to serve current needs, then proceed to pass laws making only electric vehicles available in the near future, which will wildly increase demands, you see no conflict?

When liberals propose banning guns because police are there to protect you, then move to defund and eliminate police, you see no conflict!

Champions of women’s rights, you also promote freaking men pretending to be women annihilating real women in women’s sports, and you think that’s defending women;s rights, and see no conflict!

It seems that there is NOTHING you all believe and promote that actually makes any logical sense, but is instead just one endless display of mental illness.
Excellent post that captures the essence of Dem silliness. I can't wait to see how Dem apologists respond. I'm sure it will be some sort of highly irrational nonsense, but there's always hope that the ol' synapses will start firing with these buffoons.

Old 09-01-2022, 11:29 AM

29,546 posts, read 19,640,423 times
California's energy policies are trying to ensure that the state ends up having the most expensive electricity in the country. Currently its the 5th behind Hawaii, Alaska Connecticut and Massachusetts

Old 09-01-2022, 11:38 AM

13,776 posts, read 8,019,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Putting the cart before the horse does not make logical sense. You do not purchase a house and then figure out how to pay for it, nor would I cheer you on for doing so, because I know you are only harming yourself. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

As I stated in my original post, why did California not focus on building the best electrical infrastructure, before mandating that only electric vehicles be sold by a certain date, when they have trouble keeping the lights on with electric vehicles making up two percent of California's vehicle fleet?
My brother and his family live in Pacific Palisades. Big time Dem supporters. My feeling is this: those with money aren't particularly worried. The also have the political clout to get things done. EV chargers? They'll foot the bill to make sure there are plenty where they live and... to make sure they work. They can hire private security to patrol their neighborhood if it becomes necessary. Local councilman Mike Bonin wanted to relocate 1200 homeless to Will Rogers Beach parking area. Was he out of his mind? Homeless ten minutes away from homes which start at 2 million? Residents used their political clout to kill that immediately.

Now, Cal can still a great place to live for the wealthy, those who bought a home 25 years ago and those feeding of city/state benefits.

However, much of the middle class is simply getting squeezed out.

Last edited by john3232; 09-01-2022 at 11:48 AM..

Old 09-01-2022, 12:57 PM

1,701 posts, read 615,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

Great post. It doesn’t have to make sense when you are a deconstructionist which is what the left has become. Any tradition, boundaries, scientific fact, etc does not necessarily matter to them because anything goes in their minds. Of course, rational people understand that way of living does not lead to fulfillment but just more questions and confusion. The world needs to order the chaos to exists. If it is taken away it fights to bring it back. If you disagree with anything these cultists believe you are labeled one of a million labels they have these days to try to psychologically and emotionally beat you down. The left in this country is sick.

Old 09-01-2022, 01:34 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,154,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Putting the cart before the horse does not make logical sense. You do not purchase a house and then figure out how to pay for it, nor would I cheer you on for doing so, because I know you are only harming yourself. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

As I stated in my original post, why did California not focus on building the best electrical infrastructure, before mandating that only electric vehicles be sold by a certain date, when they have trouble keeping the lights on with electric vehicles making up two percent of California's vehicle fleet?
It's a backdoor approach to forcing PG&E to get its act together.

Old 09-01-2022, 01:43 PM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
It's a backdoor approach to forcing PG&E to get its act together.
An impossible task given that they have to do what the state tells them and the state can't get it's act together.

I mean imagine having to pay people for excess solar at average RETAIL rates at times where there is so much power being generated that you have to pay other states to take it off your grid?

Old 09-01-2022, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
My brother and his family live in Pacific Palisades. Big time Dem supporters. My feeling is this: those with money aren't particularly worried. The also have the political clout to get things done. EV chargers? They'll foot the bill to make sure there are plenty where they live and... to make sure they work. They can hire private security to patrol their neighborhood if it becomes necessary. Local councilman Mike Bonin wanted to relocate 1200 homeless to Will Rogers Beach parking area. Was he out of his mind? Homeless ten minutes away from homes which start at 2 million? Residents used their political clout to kill that immediately.

Now, Cal can still a great place to live for the wealthy, those who bought a home 25 years ago and those feeding of city/state benefits.

However, much of the middle class is simply getting squeezed out.
Nobody is going to come out of this better off. Not even the wealthy. When hyperinflation sets in, the wealthy and the poor will be on a level field, and the poor have a lot more experience surviving and doing without.

This world works only when people are working. And the wealthy are far more dependent on others they rely on without even realizing it.

What are they going to do when the trash isn’t collected for a month? When trucks aren’t delivering goods and groceries to the stores? When there is nobody at the water plant keeping the machinery operational, or the electric plant? I’ll tell you … everyone will be without water and electricity. Everyone will endure the stench and disease of mounting garbage. And nobody survives more than 3-4 days without clean drinking water.

So, there is no fantasy island safe haven for the wealthy Californians. And when the SHTF, the angry, hungry and thirsty masses aren’t going to go looking in the hood for survival necessities…. they’ll be looking at those real big houses, and those residents are the ones facing a dual threat.

Desperate people can be very dangerous people. And when the lights go out for a long period of time, the nights can seem quite long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies