Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2022, 07:59 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Tell that to everyone in prison for committing fetal homicide. Are they just "imagining" that they're serving a prison sentence?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
How many perps murder pregnant women?
Quote:
Not all of them. A fetal homicide conviction requires only that the developing baby was killed.
Reworded. How many perps murder unborn fetuses under fetal homicide laws? How many of those serve jail time for such?

Old 10-18-2022, 08:08 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
Tell that to everyone in prison for committing fetal homicide. Are they just "imagining" that they're serving a prison sentence?
It's beyond revolting that anti-abortion advocates use fetal homicide laws as some sort of argument to justify their position.

Those laws were intended to provide justice to women and their families when as a consequence of some assault on the woman her fetus is killed.

They have nothing to do with abortion and were never intended to.

Using grieving families to make political points should be beneath people, but as we see over and over again nothing is with this crowd.

Old 10-18-2022, 08:13 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Been watching all these political commercials and it seems the democrats are using the over turn to attack the republicans. Christ, Demmings and Frankel are all using this as a crutch to try and entice women to not vote for DeSantis or Rubio. So I am wondering if this was an inside job between SCOTUS and the democrats? Who was the main judge who started the ball rolling?
No...it wasn't a DNC "inside job".
It's just that we finally have a majority of Justices on the SCOTUS that are not so intrinsically depraved and evil that they think the wanton execution of innocent gestating babies is acceptable in a civilized society.

Old 10-18-2022, 08:14 AM

29,542 posts, read 19,636,351 times
Quote:
Whatever.
It's not whatever. Detecting a heartbeat means you are detecting a life. When the heart stops beating you are pronounced dead. I can't believe this is even up for a discussion here. Actually I can.

Quote:
But be aware there are extremist candidates in the upcoming election who make no exceptions for the braindead or otherwise severely compromised fetus. They are totally uninformed about pregnancy and what could go wrong. Do you really want them to be making laws about women's health?
I never voted for or against a candidate based solely on a single issue. Abortion debate ranks very low for me personally when compared to other issues, but I understand it may be a hot button issue for you or others b

most important issue for most Americans at the moment is economic

Political mood tilts in Republicans’ favor with economy and inflation top of mind three weeks from midterms

Quote:

I say the OB/GYN doctor knows a lot more than those politicians do.

Sure but what does that have to do with elective abortions where the health of the fetus is not the issue?

Old 10-18-2022, 08:16 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Are you saying that being a "RINO" is contagious?
No, it’s a genetic defect shared by their fellow democrats.

Old 10-18-2022, 08:25 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Reworded. How many perps murder unborn fetuses under fetal homicide laws? How many of those serve jail time for such?
How does that matter? Most people, including even women who find themselves facing an unintended pregnancy, DON'T kill developing babies just because they want to. It's an ethical thing. Either one is an ethical person, or one is not. The good news is that most people are ethical (ethical: being in accordance with the accepted principles of right and wrong that govern the conduct of society).

Old 10-18-2022, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
It's not whatever. Detecting a heartbeat means you are detecting a life. When the heart stops beating you are pronounced dead. I can't believe this is even up for a discussion here. Actually I can.

I never voted for or against a candidate based solely on a single issue. Abortion debate ranks very low for me personally when compared to other issues, but I understand it may be a hot button issue for you or others b

most important issue for most Americans at the moment is economic

Political mood tilts in Republicans’ favor with economy and inflation top of mind three weeks from midterms

Sure but what does that have to do with elective abortions where the health of the fetus is not the issue?
Re the bold. There are extremist candidates who obviously do not know the difference between elective abortion and health of the fetus or mother. They are the dangerous ones who are trying to pass laws that will restrict doctors from saving mothers in distress.

Example. An ectopic pregnancy will kill the mother every time and should be removed as soon as it is discovered. But some of these extremist idiots want to make the doctor wait until the woman is in extreme medical distress before removing the fetus because they think it is an elective abortion if the fallopian tube hasn't burst yet. There have already been stories like this in the news. .

Old 10-18-2022, 08:29 AM

Quote:
How does that matter? Most people, including even women who find themselves facing an unintended pregnancy, DON'T kill developing babies just because they want to. It's an ethical thing. Either one is an ethical person, or one is not. The good news is that most people are ethical (ethical: being in accordance with the accepted principles of right and wrong that govern the conduct of society).
Fetal homicide is your argument. It's up to you to support your own argument.

So how many perps are in jail for fetal homicide?

Old 10-18-2022, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
It's beyond revolting that anti-abortion advocates use fetal homicide laws as some sort of argument to justify their position.
Why? The outcome is EXACTLY the same: the intentional killing of a developing baby.

Old 10-18-2022, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Fetal homicide is your argument. It's up to you to support your own argument.
I did. The actions are EXACTLY the same in fetal homicide and abortion: the intentional killing of a developing baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies