Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 12:13 PM

13,634 posts, read 10,038,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
It's always seemed to me there was. When I was a child I was strongly discouraged from many activities because only boys were supposed to do them. I was supposed to stay inside and learn to dust and cook. Which, let me be the first to tell you, are terminally boring. Later, when I started looking for jobs, I was supposed to type, also terminally boring.

And of course, guess what pays less?
As a male, you could have been viewed as only good for menial manual labour, and not worthy of being allowed to go to college or university, or even any support doing so. You see, it can cut both ways, especially when women's liberation gets into it.

It's an idea that's told, to sell an agenda, the same as many equalities issues, and used to weaponise those easily led.

Old 05-23-2023, 12:14 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Also, why are there no "trans men" who have committed crimes fighting to be in men's prisons?

Why are there none taking over men's sports?

Why is it ALWAYS a one-way street?

Statistically you'd think it would be pretty even, no? OR is there something else going on?
Personally I've known far more trans men than trans women. However, trans men don't invoke the same 'ick' response from many people that trans women do, so people are less concerned with it.

Old 05-23-2023, 12:49 PM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Trans people are still estimated to be 0.5% of the population. It is WAY more likely you would never hear about it or meet a trans person unless you live in a high-population city which by percentages raises your probability of running into a trans person.

Creating a fear or concern over Trans people and bathrooms when most Americans will never meet one or run into one in a restroom is stupid and just fearmongering. Not to mention if the Trans person has completed cosmetic surgery to the face and is on hormone therapy you would likely not even know it was a trans person in the restroom at all.

It is mind-boggling that economic issues, concerns with the cost of living, cost of food, cost of housing, and lack of wage increases for decades are all talked about less than Trans and bathrooms currently.
As you said with all the other concerns in society = why then aren't trans people and the left focusing on them? I do think the other issues are way more important but we never see a transactivist saying that these issues are more of a concern. You want to take a stab at Republicans over their concerns with the trans movement while neglecting to take into consideration that the trans movement is pushing their agenda to the forefront.

Old 05-23-2023, 02:20 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
And really this mental illness is nothing new. These people have been around for a long time.

The Democrat party, however, recently saw them as a new, untapped mine of "victims" that they could latch onto. That's how this has all become "mainstream" in the last few years.

Before these people were simply kept out of normal society because most people don't want their kids to end up this way.

If a few women have to get raped in the restroom or prison, and a few need to lose some scholarships and awards in sports, so be it, I guess.
Nailed it. "An untapped mine of victims" Yup. neodemproggs to the rescue.

Old 05-23-2023, 03:10 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,002,817 times
Quote:
Trans people are still estimated to be 0.5% of the population. It is WAY more likely you would never hear about it or meet a trans person unless you live in a high-population city which by percentages raises your probability of running into a trans person.

Creating a fear or concern over Trans people and bathrooms when most Americans will never meet one or run into one in a restroom is stupid and just fearmongering. Not to mention if the Trans person has completed cosmetic surgery to the face and is on hormone therapy you would likely not even know it was a trans person in the restroom at all.

It is mind-boggling that economic issues, concerns with the cost of living, cost of food, cost of housing, and lack of wage increases for decades are all talked about less than Trans and bathrooms currently.
I live in the 4th largest city in the US and I rarely see a trans. The ones I see are normally men that are now women. They usually stand out but you have to just act normal. I remember this 6'5" 280 lbs trans woman coming into the store. I was just hoping my young kid didn't say anything because kids have no filter. You could clearly tell this woman was a dude.

I might see 2-3 trans per year.

Old 05-23-2023, 03:19 PM

27,159 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:

Well, if the Left did not bring it up.........

Old 05-23-2023, 03:21 PM

13,634 posts, read 10,038,405 times
Are we including cross dressers here, or is it just those that have had the cut and tuck?

Old 05-23-2023, 03:35 PM

11,510 posts, read 6,021,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Transmen use the men's restroom all the time, and rarely would a man complain about that.
Transmen in the ladies room would certainly raise a few eyebrows.
There have been tomboys forever. I never heatd of it causing a problem in the women's restroom. Plenty of tomboys have very short hair, dress like guys while they are going through their tomboy phase.

There are some pretty good tells, starting with lack of stubble/five o'clock shadow. The presence of breasts and lack of a bulge below the belt also tends to be a tell. Sure, loose clothing can hide those tells, but the lack of stubble kind of gives you away unless you wear a mask as well.

Old 05-23-2023, 03:38 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:

But, there is a concerning agenda being driven that is taking away from women, and subjecting women to harm, biological women, those that do not "feel" like a woman, but live the reality of their biology - biological women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
What on earth do you think happens in a women's restroom?
It isn't only restrooms, it is women's spaces to include bathrooms. Why would men watch women peeing on the internet? Drill little holes in the walls if the male's bathroom stalls just have a wall between the two? Oh, yeah, that all happens. Watch for holes in the stall walls, could be someone or a camera. Who wants to watch that? Very disturbed individuals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
But those males are females, and those females are males, who's who, and what's what, doesn't seem to be recognizable anymore. Or not allowed.
A female can never be a male, and a male can never be a female. They can be a "trans femaler" or "trans male" only. Until they can change chromosomes, that is the way it will be. I just read an article that says they do not see that ever being able to be done - science.

Quote:
Or really just "women" and "men."

Gender is binary, and involuntary. There's no such thing as a "trans man." That's just a woman.
As you know, they play with the word "gender" and have given it a new meaning, "social construct" genders, having nothing to do with biology. They can call themselves a "trans" whatever, but a trans woman will never, ever be a biological woman, not a trans man will never, ever be a biological male. No amount of hormones or surgery can change that scientific fact!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Possibly, but I don't know of any males who want to watch a female use the bathroom.
There could be other reasons why they want to be in there, plus with many stalls the latches are broken, or a desperate for a peak gap in the stall door area. There is sexual quirk where, yeah, they would watch. We have all kinds of sick out there today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Google up "transmen images". You will rapidly come to the conclusions that there are more of them than you think, and you could well know one or two yourself. You just don't know it.

I think we hear more about transwomen, maybe because most people can understand why a person would want to be a man, but have a much harder time understanding why a person would want to be a woman.

I am a woman, bodily and emotionally. But I've always been somewhat jealous of male privilege.
I wouldn't want to be a man! But, yes, I know all about getting out of high school and what kind of jobs women are "supposed" to do. I bypassed all that stuff long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Personally I've known far more trans men than trans women. However, trans men don't invoke the same 'ick' response from many people that trans women do, so people are less concerned with it.
Well, when you look at rape, how often does a woman rape a man? I know it can happen, but it is very rare. Also, if I enter the male's bathroom with the intention of raping a male, the chances of me having the physical strength to actually get it done is very unlikely.

We have already seen reports of rapes by "trans" who have invaded women's spaces, or at least men who claimed they were men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Are we including cross dressers here, or is it just those that have had the cut and tuck?
Know that cross dressers are not "trans", they are transvestites, and while they like to dress as the opposite sex, they DO NOT believe that they are that sex. I think this is generally men who do this, and just enjoy women's clothing. It is usually something that they DO NOT flaunt.

Trans are the ones that sometimes choose to "cut" or "tuck", and some make no effort other than to claim they are a trans whichever.

Old 05-23-2023, 03:53 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
There have been tomboys forever. I never heatd of it causing a problem in the women's restroom. Plenty of tomboys have very short hair, dress like guys while they are going through their tomboy phase.

There are some pretty good tells, starting with lack of stubble/five o'clock shadow. The presence of breasts and lack of a bulge below the belt also tends to be a tell. Sure, loose clothing can hide those tells, but the lack of stubble kind of gives you away unless you wear a mask as well.
I got harassed in a women's restroom while going through chemo because I appeared masculine after losing most of my feminine features to treatment - buzz cut, lost my eyelashes and eyebrows, face swollen and weight gain from steroids concealed my curves. I suspect the older woman needed her glasses checked, but she claimed she could "always tell." It was mortifying and scary. This was in 2011.

There are probably more cases of women who don't look traditionally feminine having perverts who are overly concerned with what is in their pants cause issues in the restroom than there are men pretending to be a woman so they can try to peek through the cracks in the stalls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies