Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 03:13 PM

288 posts, read 1,329,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Wealthy GOP elite in King County? Shhhhhhhh...don't tell your boy Monumental1.

Your story pretty much backs up my claim. People in blue states shouldn't be pointing fingers--especially when they have their own cabal of wealthy extreme right-wing elite leaders.
..............and I wish they would get out, or at least get a clue! They have stalled or stopped numerous major projects in the Seattle area.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:16 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
We fully understand that most of the large cities in America are outright Blue\ Democratic & that mostly rural areas are Red\ Republican. So some of the smaller states with only one large city may be considered Red. In California the inland areas\ farm country are Republican [exception is Orange co] but the reason the state is so Blue is that all the large cities [San Diego\ LA\ Bay Area-San Francisco-San Jose\ Sacramento] are Democratic.

I have been to Atlanta several times & enjoy it but Atlanta is nothing like the rest of Georgia. Instead of reacting, Republicans should come to their senses & kick the evangelicals out of their party [otherwise the GOP is rightly viewed as a party that attracts the less educated\ racists\ narrow-minded\ selfish people - ie. sending soldiers to die in Iraq but deny medical care for the wounded]. There are so many major embarrassments that our nation has had to endure with our Republican president. Americans have every reason to demand that Republicans embrace reality intellectually or be viewed as incompetent morons like Bush.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
Monumental1, while I appreciate him repping the west coast so heavily and Seattle in particular, sometimes is too bombastic and judgemental for his own good. He's just our version of Steve-O, FutureCop, Machineknownaslosangeles, and the multitudes of southern homers.
I have to rep hard toughguy I'm the only one with the cohonies to do so - it seems. The west coast haterade sippers run rampant on CD.

Nooooooo not Steve-O and FutureCop

Last edited by Monumental1; 09-30-2008 at 03:41 PM..

Old 09-30-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
We fully understand that most of the large cities in America are outright Blue\ Democratic & that mostly rural areas are Red\ Republican. So some of the smaller states with only one large city may be considered Red. In California the inland areas\ farm country are Republican [exception is Orange co] but the reason the state is so Blue is that all the large cities [San Diego\ LA\ Bay Area-San Francisco-San Jose\ Sacramento] are Democratic.

I have been to Atlanta several times & enjoy it but Atlanta is nothing like the rest of Georgia. Instead of reacting, Republicans should come to their senses & kick the evangelicals out of their party [otherwise the GOP is rightly viewed as a party that attracts the less educated\ racists\ narrow-minded\ selfish people - ie. sending soldiers to die in Iraq but deny medical care for the wounded]. There are so many major embarrassments that our nation has had to endure with our Republican president. Americans have every reason to demand that Republicans embrace reality intellectually or be viewed as incompetent morons like Bush.
This is very true.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:25 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,034,703 times
What drives me from the Democratic party is the groups that support them. Just go on Youtube and see how violent Liberals can be until they get their way. You don't usually see Republicans starting riots, fights, or spewing conspiracy theories. At the same time, I don't like a lot of the Republican's supporters, but when it boils down to the lesser of the two evils...

I shouldn't feel embarrassed by my beliefs, and anyone who thinks I should be needs a reality check. Not to mention the fact that when someone says "there is nothing you can say to make me change who I'm voting for", you are really saying "I am too close minded to accept viewpoints other than my own". I quite enjoy my low taxes, great job, and high standard of living - why should I feel embarrassed for that kind of stability in my life?

Old 09-30-2008, 03:28 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
He's just our version of Steve-O
Take that back. Noone, and I repeat noone, is Steve-o except moi.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:29 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monumental1 View Post
I have to rep hard toughguy I'm the only one with the cohonies to do so - it seems. The west coast hater-aid sippers run ramped on CD.

Nooooooo not Steve-O and FutureCop
You mean "rampant"?

And speaking of "haterade" (not "hater-aid"), who called someone a "HOMO" earlier, you hypocrite? Niiiice buddy, real nice.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
You mean "rampant"?

And speaking of "haterade" (not "hater-aid"), who called someone a "HOMO" earlier, you hypocrite? Niiiice buddy, real nice.
What are you the spell check troll? Thankswere do I download you at?

Old 09-30-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Monumental1, while I appreciate him repping the west coast so heavily and Seattle in particular, sometimes is too bombastic and judgemental for his own good. He's just our version of Steve-O, FutureCop, Machineknownaslosangeles, and the multitudes of southern homers.
OK I have to revisit this with a………….O – HELL – TO - THE – NAH! They troll and attack. I Rep / defend and destroy. There is a major difference there.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:46 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monumental1 View Post
OK I have to revisit this with a………….O – HELL – TO - THE – NAH! They troll and attack. I Rep / defend and destroy. There is a major difference there.
YOU started this thread, YOU troll and WE defend. This is you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies